So I was bored on the airplane the other day and decided to get to know my z10 a little better. Story Maker was an app that had been staring me in the face since day 1 and yet I had never clicked on it before. (I got my z10 on launch day in Canada) Well I finally did and was absolutely amazed with what I could do with the app in almost no time at all!!! I whipped up a little video of photos I had of my girlfriend and I and then showed it to her. She is a hard core Apple fan and even she was very impressed. When we landed she asked if I could send her the video and that is when I had my face palm moment. Story Maker... probably the best hidden secret I've come across on BB10... has NO SHARE FEATURE baked into the app! I couldn't believe it!! How can BlackBerry come out with an app like this and in this age of instagram, twitter and Facebook not think that people wouldn't want to immediately click on a share button and send their creation out into the universe? I have a good friend in real estate and after I showed him the app he even commented it would be worth going back to blackberry for if there was an easy way for him to instantly upload the videos to YouTube as it would be perfect for showing off property listings.

So aside from the rant, my question is... does anyone know if there is an update coming to Story Maker that will include a 'share' feature? Building on that train of thought, I'm also curious what people would think if BlackBerry came out with a feature that allowed you to share your Story Maker video via BBM or BBM channels. Personally I could see all kinds of teenagers and 20 somethings sending 30 second Story Maker video clips back and forth to each other via BBM showing off their party pictures. In fact, it may just be that thing that makes BBM trendy and cool again... thoughts??
    08-09-13 08:56 PM
    Im on the 10.2 leak and there is a share feature like many other things in the OS
    Acvdm likes this.
    08-09-13 09:01 PM
    I'm also on 10.2 and also have the Share feature. Even has an option to share directly to YouTube.
    08-09-13 09:05 PM
    I'm also on 10.2 and also have the Share feature. Even has an option to share directly to YouTube.
    That's great news!! 10.2 sounds like it has a lot of cool extras in it. I guess good things come to those who wait!! Any sign of a share via BBM option?
    08-09-13 09:33 PM
    Yep. That's there too. Why not take the plunge and install the leak.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 11:09 PM
    Once you finish your creation it gets saved in your videos folder and you can share it from there as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 11:16 PM
    It's really hard to share 50meg video via email. My 2 minute vid with music takes up over 50+ megs.
    YouTube would be great starting place.
    08-10-13 12:35 AM
    Box is great for sharing video as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 12:43 AM
    Story Maker is basically a project builder for custom videos. It makes sense that there's no share feature unless you want to share the project itself with another BlackBerry 10 device.

Now, once you publish the project into an actual video you can share it from your native video app. What BlackBerry need to figure out though is a way to share these videos straight from the phone given the current size limitations in sharing files. A good option would be for Box to provide the links to the files straight from the phone instead of having to go their website and find it.

Right now what I'm doing is uploading the videos to YouTube as 'Unlisted' then sharing the link to friends. But in some parts of the world YouTube is blocked so being able to share through BBM or email would be the best option. BlackBerry still have things to figure out with how they want to use their BIS servers but given their sheer size, sharing files upwards of 8MB should be feasible and necessary given that the camera records in HD and HD means large file sizes.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 12:51 AM
    That's great news!! 10.2 sounds like it has a lot of cool extras in it. I guess good things come to those who wait!! Any sign of a share via BBM option?
    What you mean you're still a leak virgin?? What are you waiting for hop on board! Just ask people like Erinn how easy it is to install leaks but just make sure to do a full backup before doing so!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 12:52 AM
    I made me first story maker file today. I uploaded it to my Dropbox account, then use Playcloud to share the link via BBM, Whatsapp and email. The longest part was waiting for the file to upload to Dropbox
    Box has more room but it has file size limitations

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 08:23 PM
    When the video finishes saving it saves to your 'video' folder in your media folder. THAT one has a share option. Swipes screen from the right to the left and the side bar comes up......however they save as somewhat bigger files and can't always be shared on every website or via e-mail

So I was bored on the airplane the other day and decided to get to know my z10 a little better. Story Maker was an app that had been staring me in the face since day 1 and yet I had never clicked on it before. (I got my z10 on launch day in Canada) Well I finally did and was absolutely amazed with what I could do with the app in almost no time at all!!! I whipped up a little video of photos I had of my girlfriend and I and then showed it to her. She is a hard core Apple fan and even she was very impressed. When we landed she asked if I could send her the video and that is when I had my face palm moment. Story Maker... probably the best hidden secret I've come across on BB10... has NO SHARE FEATURE baked into the app! I couldn't believe it!! How can BlackBerry come out with an app like this and in this age of instagram, twitter and Facebook not think that people wouldn't want to immediately click on a share button and send their creation out into the universe? I have a good friend in real estate and after I showed him the app he even commented it would be worth going back to blackberry for if there was an easy way for him to instantly upload the videos to YouTube as it would be perfect for showing off property listings.

So aside from the rant, my question is... does anyone know if there is an update coming to Story Maker that will include a 'share' feature? Building on that train of thought, I'm also curious what people would think if BlackBerry came out with a feature that allowed you to share your Story Maker video via BBM or BBM channels. Personally I could see all kinds of teenagers and 20 somethings sending 30 second Story Maker video clips back and forth to each other via BBM showing off their party pictures. In fact, it may just be that thing that makes BBM trendy and cool again... thoughts??
    10-14-13 04:10 PM
    U can share via BBM? now im on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2074

AT&T Z10
    10-14-13 09:33 PM
    I too was highy disappointed when I learned "after-the-fact" that I couldn't share my creation of my newborn baby with her father whom hasn't been able to see her since birth due to working out of town. I put forth all that time/effort in tweaking/editing for nothing! Now, I have to wait to show him once he returns, but it would've been nice to share instantly!

Boooo Blackberry

P.S. I should make a story about all the issues I'm having with this device let alone the service TMOBILE is providing...I love blackberry, but I'm thinking I'm going to resign soon and move onto an android.

Boooo TMOBILE

01-09-14 09:10 PM
    upload it to box or dropbox and share.
    01-09-14 09:19 PM
    So I made a story maker video. Has a BBM share option so no issue there. Large file ~80Mb so up loaded to dropbox.

My question: how do I share a link of that file via bbm?

Do I have to get an app? I didn't see any option in the connect to dropbox app or the file manager.

All assistance is appreciated.

G

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:35 AM
    So I made a story maker video. Has a BBM share option so no issue there. Large file ~80Mb so up loaded to dropbox.

My question: how do I share a link of that file via bbm?

Do I have to get an app? I didn't see any option in the connect to dropbox app or the file manager.

All assistance is appreciated.

G

Posted via CB10
    The latest box and Dropbox now have the ability to share links within the app.

But I believe Dropbox can't upload files from your phone. It can only download.

So your best bet is to use box.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 244596
    02-03-14 10:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 244596
    I will try box. As for dropbox I do have the latest version but can't find the option. Can you post a screen shot if possible.

G

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 08:40 AM
    I will try box. As for dropbox I do have the latest version but can't find the option. Can you post a screen shot if possible.

G

Posted via CB10
    I already did posted a screen shot :| hahaha

Anyway. Just press and hold the file, an overflow menu will appear and look for Share Link option.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 10:34 AM
    Find it through the file manager, both Box and Dropbox have the option to share links. For folders and files (although Box gives me an error for folders).

Share + Story Maker + BBM = the next big thing?!?-img_20140205_191208.png

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    02-05-14 12:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 244596
    Not entirely accurate, and heavily dependent on user settings. It can upload from your phone just fine but it depends on a few variables, such as whether you're connected to wifi, whether you have specified Dropbox to sync through cellular data (not a good idea if you don't have unlimited data on your service plan), or if you manually instruct the app to sync for you.

I've done it numerous times and it essentially aids in allowing me to perform something like 85-90% of my daily tasks requiring computing power from my Z10.

The feature to grab the share link directly from the file manager was technically already available (on 10.2.1 at least) before the recent app update, but that just makes it even more useful. The mobile site is still great though and better than the file manager if you want to scroll through multiple media files in the same folder.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 12:23 PM