hey everyone,
    So i downloaded Neutron Media Player to try playing my music through when I am in the car. I like the stock Music Player, but hate the fact that the screen keeps going off. Did some research and Neutron Player was the best next choice for me.

Question is.. how do I go about setting up that or any app to open up automatically when opening certain file types?

I have a Z10 with OS 10.2.1.1925.

EDIT - I tried to press and hold on an MP3 file, and on the side menu it shows me "Open in Neutron Player", but it doesnt set it self as a default.

Thanks
    01-09-14 10:35 PM
    Settings > App Manager > Default apps

10.2.1+ only

Probably pretty restrictive still.

Cheers

Posted via CB from my LE
    01-09-14 10:40 PM
    Settings > App Manager > Default apps

10.2.1+ only

Probably pretty restrictive still.

Cheers

Posted via CB from my LE
    Thanks for the reply. I checked that section in the settings and it shows no set default apps. I guess maybe still a bit restrictive like you said. I'll wait for the official 10.2.1 release and see if they've opened it up.
    01-09-14 10:51 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I checked that section in the settings and it shows no set default apps. I guess maybe still a bit restrictive like you said. I'll wait for the official 10.2.1 release and see if they've opened it up.
    Open file manager and tap and hold on the file and "open in"
    01-09-14 11:01 PM
    Open file manager and tap and hold on the file and "open in"
    I did that to an MP3 i have on my SD Card. It only seems to be a one time deal. I'd like to be set as a default app for all my MP3s.
    01-09-14 11:06 PM
    I did that to an MP3 i have on my SD Card. It only seems to be a one time deal. I'd like to be set as a default app for all my MP3s.
    Check the box on the open in screen -_- (the one that says set as default..)
    01-10-14 09:32 AM
    Check the box on the open in screen -_- (the one that says set as default..)
    sorry buddy.. no go for me (see attached)
    Attached Thumbnails Set Default apps for certain files types?-img_20140110_113231.png  
    01-10-14 10:35 AM
    sorry buddy.. no go for me (see attached)
    Install vlc (using snap) and try again. I guess there has to be more than 1 alternate in order to have the open in screen appear
    01-10-14 06:53 PM
    Install vlc (using snap) and try again. I guess there has to be more than 1 alternate in order to have the open in screen appear
    Awesome.. that did the trick. many thanks for your help
    01-10-14 07:36 PM
    Awesome.. that did the trick. many thanks for your help
    Np, sorry for the rude reply earlier lol. Twas a bit too early in the morning for me happy to hear it's working now
    01-10-14 08:03 PM
    Np, sorry for the rude reply earlier lol. Twas a bit too early in the morning for me happy to hear it's working now
    Rude reply? I didnt see anything. LOL
    nah.uhh likes this.
    01-10-14 08:13 PM
    Glad it's set. I was starting g to think the features bugged cuz I couldn't get it to work either.

Posted via CB from my LE
    01-11-14 01:39 PM
    I figured out this was the way for certain file types, but what about for example Maps apps? I know you should be able to use the same 'long-press' and 'open in' method, but does anyone know where or how to find a Map-capable link like that from your phone?
    I tried sharing a location on BBM, but it did not get any overflow options, WhatsApp has an in-app setting so no luck there either, Foursquare does not get an 'open in' dialogue either...

I am sure I had found a way on an older OS version, but I can not seem to find it anymore. Most I can find now are overflow options like 'Add to places' or 'Map'/'Go'
    01-17-14 10:01 PM
    Ok I have a problem. I tend to share myself Web links through NFC from my Q to my Z to browse them on my Z. But when I get it to my Z, these are the only options to open it...

Set Default apps for certain files types?-img_20140122_034204.png

I realized that it's because it's text with a like behind it (I don't remember the term for that)

Any idea on what I can do about it?

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    01-22-14 02:53 AM