Have you guys heard of the app called Seecrypt? The founder was on the news today talking about how it prevents anyone (including the NSA) from listening in, logging, recording, etc etc your phone calls. Works kinda like skype with its own dial pad, secure phone number and requires both phones to have the app in order to work. only works using WIFI. Anyway, as always, only available for android and iphone so I contacted their support and asked about BB support. Received an email stating they are currently writing the Blackberry app.

Does anyone know if there's a .bar file and if so, does it work on BB?
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    06-13-13 01:03 AM
    Haven't heard of it, but unless it's a paid service, I'd suspect that they have some sort of data mining of their own going on to cover their costs.
    I don't know that's the case, but that would be my guess.
    06-13-13 01:15 AM
    They said they offer a free 3 month trial. But apparently they also wrote an app for the military to use in Afghanistan to prevent snooping by the "enemy" (not sure how worried I'd be about a 4th world enemy). So ironically their military app is apparently approved by the NSA.

Posted via Crackberry on my Z10!
    06-13-13 01:27 AM
    Good day,

We are currently developing the Seecrypt Mobile application to provide native support for the BlackBerry 10 operating system, in order to provide the best possible experience for BlackBerry users.
    While this takes longer than an Android port, we believe it will be worth the wait.

Regards,
    the Seecrypt team
    balenax and BroncoVAL like this.
    06-13-13 04:35 AM
    well, glad to see more developers joining the party, better late and good . thanks, looking forward to it.
    06-13-13 05:23 AM
    Wow thanks to Seecrypt for the response. I have a question though. Does the app aka Seecrypt keep the meta data on your servers so that some government agency can just come collect it from you??

Also, I have the iPhone version installed on my second phone but I'm trying to get away from apple completely. When do you think the BlackBerry App will be available?

Posted via Crackberry on my Z10!
    06-13-13 12:54 PM
    Is the Seecrypt app ready for download in the Q10
    07-19-14 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD