Are there any security issues with snap? It comes from a domain redlightoflove.com which raises some red flags and I don't see any source code for it. What permissions does it ask for during installation and what controls are there for the android apps that it loads from the play store?

rh
    02-15-14 05:17 PM
    It asked for access to location, identifying information, and shared files. I didn't allow it permissions to my shared files or location (services?) and it runs and installs fine.
    Once it downloads an APK from the play store BB10 handles the installation itself, as if you downloaded an APK directly through your phone's browser.

In short, I don't think it poses any security risks if you untick the permissions you don't want snap to be able to use.
    02-15-14 05:54 PM
    Technically, we don't know what is going on between entering your Google credentials and being authenticated, since it's asking for your info via it's own textbox form instead of taking you to the traditional Google oauth login page.

That said, I just used an alternative Google account to feel a little safer... just in case.
    02-15-14 08:49 PM
    good idea on the 2nd account. i also think just entering your normal google login info is way too risky.
    02-16-14 10:02 PM