So if you are like me, you got a notification that the native app was being discontinued as of July 1 and that to continue using the all we must take the update.

Here's the kicker, the update isn't really an update, it's actually a brand new Android Port.

I am of the view that with this Port, the Score has officially said goodbye to BlackBerry.

I wish I could get the native app back for the live push alerts only. This port is devoid of any push alerts and while it looks and runs better I would argue why so many of us loved and used the Score app was for their score push alerts.

Now I'm stuck with zero apps that push live scores to my device, especially soccer scores as the old legacy Scoremobile FC did.

So, heads up, keep using the native BlackBerry 10 app if you want to continue alerts until July 1. Don't take the update yet. I did and I regret it.

I am really getting perturbed by this "Android compatibility " mess. Of you are going to make such apps compatible, is it really that hard to go one extra step and make them fully Functional??? Meaning, make them work like they actually work on the Android os.

It's time for us users to start fighting for FULL FUNCTIONALITY. THIS HALF BAKED PORT IDEA Really only serves as a downgrade imo.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    06-05-14 09:01 AM
    And if you see code, that's the crackberry 10 app. I didn't enter any.

06-05-14 09:01 AM
    Yup - I got duped too. I guess one way or another we were going to lose pushed scores by July 1. I cannot find another app that pushes scores. How hard can it be? Pretty disappointed.
    06-05-14 09:25 AM
    Bitter sweet feeling. The app looks and works so much better, but the fact that its missing the push alerts is a total loss for me. No more news updates or live game updates without accessing the app. That feature may well never come back to the app either, as apparently the score stated that way BlackBerry's development works (I'm far from a developer or far from any knowledge on it), it is impossible to add.
    06-05-14 09:29 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=936384

Already a thread about this. Search function works wonders.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 11:32 AM
    Bitter sweet feeling. The app looks and works so much better, but the fact that its missing the push alerts is a total loss for me. No more news updates or live game updates without accessing the app. That feature may well never come back to the app either, as apparently the score stated that way BlackBerry's development works (I'm far from a developer or far from any knowledge on it), it is impossible to add.
    So, it looks and works better? They must have done a good job porting it then. If it works better I may not be too upset. Do they require all permissions without the ability to deny some?
    06-05-14 11:43 AM
    So, it looks and works better? They must have done a good job porting it then. If it works better I may not be too upset. Do they require all permissions without the ability to deny some?

It is an android port, they get whatever rights are assigned to the Android Runtime.
    06-05-14 12:01 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=936384

Already a thread about this. Search function works wonders.

Posted via CB10
    Smart ***

06-05-14 03:42 PM
    And so which permissions are assigned?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 06:37 PM
    And so which permissions are assigned?

Posted via CB10

Could always install it and see for yourself. I cant say what it requests cause I left BB at this time and using my Nexus 5 now. I will still be around installing leaks to see what they are like but since I don't have score installed on either I am not the best one to comment on the permissions it requires.
    06-05-14 07:23 PM
    Could always install it and see for yourself. I cant say what it requests cause I left BB at this time and using my Nexus 5 now. I will still be around installing leaks to see what they are like but since I don't have score installed on either I am not the best one to comment on the permissions it requires.
    Okay, I only replied to you since you are the one who answered. There are other people on this thread who have tried it, unless they are complaining without having tried it. I would prefer to not try it if it it requires permissions I do not wish to give it. Once I install it, I won't be able to go back to the current one. So, does anyone know what permissions it requires?
    06-05-14 09:15 PM
    I did have some that actually requested everything, but under security it looked like contacts, network and 1 other that I can't remember now were given. Maybe messages. That was for most. Of course location will be asked for some. Even when asking for accounts it seems to refuse for some odd reason. Meaning at least 2 of my apps fail

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    06-05-14 09:33 PM
    Yes, I don't like to give permissions that are not truly necessary. So does anyone know what permissions are required by The Score now that it is an Android port?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 11:18 PM
    Yes guys with regards to permissions it's typical android stuff. Application wants contact permissions, device identifying info, location sharing information for current and saved locations and access to contacts and files.

As for the app, it looks fantastic but I still for the life of me can't understand why they can't push notifications. That's what made the app for me. I used push notifications daily. Now I need to open the app, look at "my feed" in which I can only assign 5 games. No real time score or news alerts pushed.

I have lobbied for this since the release of OS 10.2. What is the point of Android compatibility or porting if we do t get full functionality of the app. It's a half a$$ way of doing things imo.

The Score has essentially given up on BlackBerry and this is their way of giving something to BlackBerry 10 users to make us think they still care.

I need a sports app that pushes scores to my BlackBerry device. If anyone has one, ease share.

While their old BlackBerry 10 app bad some bugs and was leggy during navigation, it was always spot on with live score push alerts. Seeing my son get his alerts pushed constantly to his iPhone makes me jealous. Sure, we've been given access to bevy of Android apps and ports but compatibility is a far cry from full FUNCTIONALITY.

PHughes likes this.
    06-06-14 10:31 AM
    Zero live score app with push notification is nightmare.
    But you can try to make android apps headless, try this: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-skype-893927/
    06-07-14 04:53 AM
    Viber android app gives push noti for messages and calls. So means the android runtime can do push, the dev just has to enable it

Posted via CB10
    drfever likes this.
    06-07-14 04:10 PM
    Viber android app gives push noti for messages and calls. So means the android runtime can do push, the dev just has to enable it

Posted via CB10
    Great point.

06-08-14 12:08 PM
    I have SportsNet on mine now. It allowed me to choose the permissions I wanted to allow.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 05:16 PM