I just received an alert stating that the score will no longer be supported after July 1st. It encourage me to download the new version. Upon clicking the link I was taken to bbw to download the android version. Did anyone else get this?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 01:10 PM
    Yes. I got this as well. Also, the new Android port version will not include push alerts.

Lame!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 01:13 PM
    This is totally lame indeed. What's going on here? I've been using the score since my bold days, they been a long time supporter of BlackBerry.

Guess in the end loyalty doesn't pay the bills.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 01:16 PM
    They ported their Android app over and removed the old BB10 app. To be fair, the old BB10 app was not built on cascades and wasn't very smooth.
    06-04-14 01:17 PM
    They ported their Android app over and removed the old BB10 app. To be fair, the old BB10 app was not built on cascades and wasn't very smooth.
    I agree but why not just work on the bb10 version. Push alert is strongly needed on any sports app.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 01:20 PM
    Hmmm, maybe it's better to download the Android version via Snap and get the push notifications?

Posted on my Zed30!
    06-04-14 01:25 PM
    You could always install the Sportsnet app. It's the exact same UI as the Score and it's still available for BB10. Rogers Sportsnet bought most of The Score a few years ago but left behind the app development. Im guessing the The Score doesn't have the resources to continue dev for BB10 and just focus on iOS and Android
    06-04-14 01:26 PM
    Hmmm, maybe it's better to download the Android version via Snap and get the push notifications?

Posted on my Zed30!
    Push notifications don't work that way, either.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 02:01 PM
    You could always install the Sportsnet app. It's the exact same UI as the Score and it's still available for BB10. Rogers Sportsnet bought most of The Score a few years ago but left behind the app development. Im guessing the The Score doesn't have the resources to continue dev for BB10 and just focus on iOS and Android
    I have that app installed as well. The problem with that, along with The Score, is that all sports did not send push notifications.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 02:15 PM
    Yes the score was hit or miss when it came to push notifications. They made sure they pushed that notice about them pulling their bb10 app

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 02:26 PM
    Because if this, I deleted the app. I like TSN better anyways.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 02:28 PM
    The Scores BlackBerry 10 app was brutal any way. Android version runs buttery smooth.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 02:32 PM
    New update from them u guys

Update Alert - Upgrade to the newest version of theScore for BB10 http://thesco.re/1jR57ZT . This current version will be retired as of July 1.

Posted from my powerful tool Z30.
    06-04-14 02:39 PM
    I do like the new version myself

Posted from my powerful tool Z30.
    06-04-14 02:40 PM
    i kinna like the new version... but no push notifications its a shame...
    06-04-14 03:00 PM
    Anyone use an alternative with push notifications?

The Score was great for scores and breaking news. At work i would get news delivered minutes before my co workers. I loved it.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 04:15 PM
    Push notifications don't work that way, either.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting, as I get push notifications from both Words with Friends and Fotmob (both Android). Was hoping the Score apk would be similar.

Posted on my Zed30!
    06-04-14 04:27 PM
    Interesting, as I get push notifications from both Words with Friends and Fotmob (both Android). Was hoping the Score apk would be similar.

Posted on my Zed30!
    This is what I was thinking.

Why not?!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 10:27 PM
    Part of the reason maybe BlackBerry dropping support for Adobe Air on 10.3 in which a lot of android apps use.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 11:26 PM
    Part of the reason maybe BlackBerry dropping support for Adobe Air on 10.3 in which a lot of android apps use.

Posted via CB10

But the original score app wasn't an android port, not sure if it was air.

Can someone confirm?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 03:02 PM
    Wasn't there recently a big debate around here about whether or not bringing in Android compatibility would cause some developer to stop developing for BB10? The idea was that if you don't like the Android apps then you don't have to use them - it won't affect BB10 users in any way.
    06-05-14 03:06 PM
    This from the folks at The Score

Hi all,

James from theScore here. Thanks for all the comments regarding the recent switch. We appreciate all the honest and forthright comments.

This update was designed to ensure Blackberry users are able to receive a great mobile sports experience that’s comparable to theScore on other devices, providing access to improved news, additional leagues and better all round performance and functionality. A full list of the new features, leagues and sports can be found here: https://thescore.uservoice.com/knowl...-blackberry-10

Unfortunately - as several of you have pointed out - technical restrictions relating to porting our Android app to the BB10 operating system means we are unable to effectively deliver Push Alerts as a result of this latest update. We apologize for any inconvenience. However, you can still follow all the latest scores, stats and news on the leagues, teams and players you care about in real-time through the Feed feature in My Score.

In terms of sticking with a native BB10 app, we have to make decisions around prioritizing the workload of our in-house development teams and currently their focus is primarily on our iOS and Android platforms. However, every effort is still made to ensure Blackberry users continue to receive a great mobile sports experience, which was the main reason behind us making theScore experience on Android available on BB10.

Finally - just to clarify - theScore is not owned by Rogers Sportsnet. They purchased the TV business in 2012, but the digital company (theScore, Inc.) remains independently run.

Thanks again for all the feedback. And if you want to reach out to our team directly with questions or any additional feedback you can do so anytime via thescoreapp(at)thescore(dot)com.

Thanks,
    James
    Source: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...d-port-936370/
    06-05-14 03:21 PM