Is anybody else having issues with The Score App loading???

It's been an ongoing saga with this app where about a year ago it started giving an error message about updating Google Play services but than would load, than it stopped loading and updating the stories and than it got fixed.

I think this time might be final if it is indeed dead on BlackBerry 10, I just want to make sure it's the app and not my device.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-19 01:33 PM
    Is anybody else having issues with The Score App loading???

It's been an ongoing saga with this app where about a year ago it started giving an error message about updating Google Play services but than would load, than it stopped loading and updating the stories and than it got fixed.

I think this time might be final if it is indeed dead on BlackBerry 10, I just want to make sure it's the app and not my device.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Looks like theScore is done like dinner. I get "no connection" on my spare Z10. I haven't used it for years but just downloaded it from BBW to test it. I use (on occasion) android apk Sportsnet v 2.3.9 on my Passport and it works fine.
    07-04-19 02:08 PM
    Just an update: I emailed the app support department and it appears to be dead.

They indicated no additional updates or features etc etc which is what the situation was a year ago.

I have a feeling that a year ago when things were falling apart, the sizable BlackBerry 10 corporate user base in downtown Toronto might have played a role in keeping it going. A year plus later and 6 months out from the end of BlackBerry App World and I think it's officially dead.

It was a great app and served the Canadian sports fans well, I always loved the native BlackBerry 10 app that initially came out, that was a beautiful app and worked very well. When they went to the Android version it didn't have the same feel but at least it updated stories and scores for a while.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    07-04-19 04:12 PM
    Just an update: I emailed the app support department and it appears to be dead.

They indicated no additional updates or features etc etc which is what the situation was a year ago.

I have a feeling that a year ago when things were falling apart, the sizable BlackBerry 10 corporate user base in downtown Toronto might have played a role in keeping it going. A year plus later and 6 months out from the end of BlackBerry App World and I think it's officially dead.

It was a great app and served the Canadian sports fans well, I always loved the native BlackBerry 10 app that initially came out, that was a beautiful app and worked very well. When they went to the Android version it didn't have the same feel but at least it updated stories and scores for a while.

Posted via CB10
    It's still an actively developed app on Android.

It gets a least one update per month.
    07-04-19 04:58 PM
    Interestingly the Sportsnet app works and was recently updated

Posted via CB10
    07-09-19 03:05 AM