Hi guys and girls!

Do you know if its possible to scan a student ID card (card you hover a reader so you can enter places etc) through NFC on BB10? And if so, does anyone know how to do it?

I've checked Smarttags on BB10, but it only lets you open an app or alter a setting or stuff like that. What I am thinking is that I could scan that card, and instead of hovering my card over the reader, i could just bump my Q10 on that reader through NFC.

As I said, I have no idea if this is possible at all, but would be a cool feature to use on my phone.
    03-17-14 06:01 PM
    I think you would need an app to provision the NFC tag with your student information.. BlackBerry's can't just read information like payment terminals can

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 06:08 PM
    I believe you are looking to replace your Student ID pass with NFC on your device.

The scanner will need to be updated to accept the NFC transmission. It won't work out of the box. The ID card has your electronic signature embedded in it.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 07:06 PM
    Hmm. So there is basically no point in trying to make this happen without updating the Uni's scanners?

Thanks for the quick response guys!

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    SubCamp likes this.
    03-17-14 09:17 PM
    The only thing you can attempt to try would be to create an NFC Tag using the built in app. Not sure what information to "send" but it's worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 09:46 PM
    The only thing you can attempt to try would be to create an NFC Tag using the built in app. Not sure what information to "send" but it's worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    I was trying that, but could not find which one to choose. Nothing big, but would have been fancy to have this ability somehow.

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    03-18-14 11:53 AM