Scan to Text is 2-in-1 mobile scanner for BlackBerry� 10. You can either save you images from the camera or gallery as multi-page PDF file or extract the text from the image using optical character recognition technology (OCR).

Easy to use, fully automated processing.
    -fb1.jpg

• Advanced image processing automatically corrects text orientation, rotation and skew, removes shadows, uneven lighting, spots and noise. As the result text alignment, clarity and readability in PDF document is greatly improved.

• Preview the image and select the region you want to save as PDF or extract the text from.

• Choose paper size and margins for PDF file via application settings.

• Scan to Text supports multipage PDFs, pages can be re-arranged prior to saving.

• Scan to Text OCR supports multiple languages. English is included with the app, additional language packs are available for free download.
    Supported languages: Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Tagalog, Turkish, Vietnamese.

• The app OCR can confidently handle a full page of printed text – speed and quality of the extraction depends on the contrast and the quality of the print.

• All processing is done on device, without relying on a server – so you won’t be depending on an internet connection and will not incur any charges while roaming.

• Scan to Text allows you to edit the result of OCR scan prior to accepting it.

• Combine multiple OCR scan results into a single text document - save it as a text file or share it via email, BBM, etc. Or simply copy it to the clipboard.

• The app works without saving the image and doesn’t pollute your photo storage.

• On-screen grid helps you align the text and turns green when the focus is locked.

BlackBerry World Link:
    Scan to Text - BlackBerry World

Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/ScanToTextBB10

Price:
    App price (including OCR only): $0.99 (limited time offer - reduced by 70%!)
    PDF conversion in-app purchase: $0.99 (limited time offer - reduced by 70%!)
    Last edited by Yuri604; 10-31-13 at 08:40 PM.
    10-31-13 03:40 AM
    Nice! Thanks for supporting BlackBerry
    10-31-13 07:47 AM
    For the price, I will give it a shot!
    10-31-13 11:13 AM
    Scan to Text is 2-in-1 mobile scanner for BlackBerry� 10. You can either save you images from the camera or gallery as multi-page PDF file or extract the text from the image using optical character recognition technology (OCR).

Easy to use, fully automated processing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fb1.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	251.7 KB 
ID:	216031

• Advanced image processing automatically corrects text orientation, rotation and skew, removes shadows, uneven lighting, spots and noise. As the result text alignment, clarity and readability in PDF document is greatly improved.

• Preview the image and select the region you want to save as PDF or extract the text from.

• Choose paper size and margins for PDF file via application settings.

• Scan to Text supports multipage PDFs, pages can be re-arranged prior to saving.

• Scan to Text OCR supports multiple languages. English is included with the app, additional language packs are available for free download.
    Supported languages: Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Tagalog, Turkish, Vietnamese.

• The app OCR can confidently handle a full page of printed text – speed and quality of the extraction depends on the contrast and the quality of the print.

• All processing is done on device, without relying on a server – so you won’t be depending on an internet connection and will not incur any charges while roaming.

• Scan to Text allows you to edit the result of OCR scan prior to accepting it.

• Combine multiple OCR scan results into a single text document - save it as a text file or share it via email, BBM, etc. Or simply copy it to the clipboard.

• The app works without saving the image and doesn’t pollute your photo storage.

• On-screen grid helps you align the text and turns green when the focus is locked.

BlackBerry World Link:
    Scan to Text - BlackBerry World

Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/ScanToTextBB10

Price:
    $0.99 (limited time offer - reduced by 70%!)

Hmm. Bought it at the sale price and then had to buy again for 0.99$ to remove the Watermark. So not sure what the promotion is good for? Dev update
    10-31-13 12:59 PM
    Hmm. Bought it at the sale price and then had to buy again for 0.99$ to remove the Watermark. So not sure what the promotion is good for? Dev update
    That does not sound kosher! I would hope that the sale price includes the entire and UNrestricted app.
    10-31-13 03:06 PM
    That does not sound kosher! I would hope that the sale price includes the entire and UNrestricted app.
    It didnt.. And not a mention of it here as well.. Hopefully the dev can chime in and offer a refund and or explanation.
    10-31-13 03:11 PM
    Regular price of the app is $2.99, which includes OCR functionality. Conversion to PDF is a premium feature sold separately with regular price of another $2.99. Sorry for confusion, I'll add that to the original post. It is actually explained in the BB World description.
    Last edited by Yuri604; 10-31-13 at 08:39 PM.
    10-31-13 07:21 PM
    Regular price of the app is $2.99, which includes OCR functionality. Conversion to PDF is a premium feature sold separately with regular price of another $2.99. Sorry for confusion, I'll add that to the original post. It is actually explained in the BB World description.

Thanks for the update. I am having to pay for the features, just was confused if it was supposed to be part of the original offering.. I did read later on BB World it is an add on feature but I didnt read that and went straight to buy from reading this post. NO worries
    10-31-13 10:19 PM
    I may not be using it right. I scanned a doc and did the ocr. I saved it. An hour or so later I scanned and ocr-ed another doc and gave it a new name. Later I noticed the second document contained the first as part of the newly named doc. How do I separate separate scanning/ocr sessions into separate docs?
    11-01-13 12:20 PM
    I may not be using it right. I scanned a doc and did the ocr. I saved it. An hour or so later I scanned and ocr-ed another doc and gave it a new name. Later I noticed the second document contained the first as part of the newly named doc. How do I separate separate scanning/ocr sessions into separate docs?
    Once you are finished with the current session, invoke "Done" menu on the "Text" tab - it will clear the current session and start a new one.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-01-13 12:24 PM
    it's the same to me, and i want to batch ocr and save them to separate docs ?
    11-13-15 12:33 AM