I downloaded this app as part of the free app world birthday giveaway. I tried to scan something, but it is still asking me to purchase it for 2.99 to remove the watermarks. Are others who downloaded this getting that? Unless I'm missing something, which may very well be the case, I thought free was free!!!
    04-11-14 11:51 AM
    Check out the reviews on the app, that is the biggest complaint.
    Even when you had to purchase the app for it's normal rate, you still had to pay extra to unlock the watermark(s).
    04-11-14 12:12 PM
    Stupid......Deleted
    04-11-14 01:18 PM
    Agreed, also deleted.

Posted via ZedTen
    04-11-14 01:19 PM
    Haven't even used it yet and I'll be deleting it. Charge the full price upfront developers!

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2234
    04-11-14 03:15 PM
    Cam Scanner. Best. Scanner. Ever. You will have to get the android version and sideload. NOTHING on BB World compares. I tried many.

Posted via CB10
    positronio likes this.
    04-11-14 09:11 PM
    Cam Scanner. Best. Scanner. Ever. You will have to get the android version and sideload. NOTHING on BB World compares. I tried many.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that Camscanner is the best. Have you been able to get the OCR feature to work, which scans for text? I haven't been able to get it to work.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 10:31 AM
    Dear users,

I don't believe it was a scam. It was an unfortunate coincidence. In the description of the app, it is clearly mentioned that the paid app allows for editing the text before saving it. Now, that was given out free as a gift. In-app purchases on the other hand couldn't be managed and set to "free" by BlackBerry nor by the developer. BlackBerry and other developers should learn from the issue and avoid seemingly false free promotions.

I didn't feel cheated and I purchased the non-watermarked version. It works well for my languages (Czech, Slovak, Hungarian, English and German).

I feel sorry for the developer and his work. All they, BlackBerry and the devs, wanted was a fair promotion.

Kind regards,
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-12-14 12:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Which version? I see 2 or 3 with that name.
    04-12-14 04:02 PM
    Dear users,

I don't believe it was a scam. It was an unfortunate coincidence. In the description of the app, it is clearly mentioned that the paid app allows for editing the text before saving it. Now, that was given out free as a gift. In-app purchases on the other hand couldn't be managed and set to "free" by BlackBerry nor by the developer. BlackBerry and other developers should learn from the issue and avoid seemingly false free promotions.

I didn't feel cheated and I purchased the non-watermarked version. It works well for my languages (Czech, Slovak, Hungarian, English and German).

I feel sorry for the developer and his work. All they, BlackBerry and the devs, wanted was a fair promotion.

Kind regards,
    Then they should post about it somewhere and straighten out the confusion or mess or ILL-WILL that they created.
    04-12-14 04:03 PM
    CamScanner by Intsig Information Co ltd

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-12-14 06:24 PM
    I agree that Camscanner is the best. Have you been able to get the OCR feature to work, which scans for text? I haven't been able to get it to work.

Posted via CB10
    I think the OCR is a PRO or paid-for feature. It appears to try downloading the module but then can't seem to install it.
    positronio likes this.
    04-12-14 09:10 PM
    You will have to get the Cam Scanner free by Instig, then the Cam Scanner License after that. The HD version is for tablets. There's an option to use Instig cloud storage on a monthly account. No need if you choose to store locally and/ or on Dropbox or some other.

Highly, highly recommended. I process many documents from clients. I use Cam Scanner (android port)to scan into PDF and Ring Central (android port) to fax.

Posted via CB10
    positronio likes this.
    04-13-14 01:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    I haven't tried the OCR.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 01:22 PM
    I used Camscanner a lot for my electronics class lab reports; saved me a lot of ink:

Scan 2 text-img_20140413_143217_edit.png

Scan 2 text-img_20140413_143032_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 01:36 PM
    It really is in a class by itself above the others.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 02:36 PM
    Nobody knows a developet at Intsig which can bring us this excelent apps? I work with it everyday but I'd prefer an app optimised for my Q10. There's no many apps I'd pay for, but this one, if it's as good as the android one, it'll be a pleasure.
    05-07-14 07:14 AM