How much better, if any, is Sayit than the voice control that comes with BB10?

Sent from my kick *** Z30
    It has better Wolram Alpha integration, though built in VR is getting better. This latest update lets you toggle wifi and bluetooth, which built in VR cannot do AFAIK.

Overall, you usually get more results when built in VR couldn't and asks if you want to web search.
    11-07-13 04:47 PM
    The new update is now available on BBWorld
    New in this update:
    ? Command to get battery status, temperature, percent, graphics
    ? Change trigger sound
    ? Command to turn Bluetooth on/off
    ? Command to turn Wifi on/off
    ? Create new remember note. Command: "New note"
    ? Foursquare integration, Foursquare commands. Command: Foursquare + place
    ? More places nearby and enhance the accuracy of places search with the distance from current location to the interested location
    ? Complex places finding such as: Japanese food nearby, Chinese restaurant nearby, Cineplex cinema nearby,...
    ? Bugs fixed

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC and Mr_F like this.
    11-07-13 04:51 PM
    SayIt rebuilt, re-designed with BlackBerry 10-img_00000431.png

Keep up the great work.

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-07-13 05:16 PM
    Disclaimer: Plus, I like him as a person too. LoL.

One of the key differentiators, to me, between one software/hardware vendor and another, is how they support their customers, how they communicate, how they respond to user issues.

Not infrequently I will avoid a product simply on that basis, even if it has more features I want, because getting those features to work or keeping the product working is often frustrating when it is poorly supported.
    11-07-13 06:53 PM
    A quirk, perhaps. I asked it the time in San Francisco, California. It returned a 00:00am and it only seemed to say "a m." If I asked just San Francisco, it was correct. I tried another city with California and the same 00:00am. Now it worked for SF but it did not work for Agoura Hills, California - again the 00:00 and it says "it's am in...." and does not do the rest. But when I leave out "California" it works.
    11-07-13 09:54 PM
    I yet to see the update....hummmm
    11-09-13 02:01 AM
    Any plans to make SayIt headless? I'd love to be able to just say "Hey BB" and SayIt would start to work. Similar to how a new Motorola product works I think. Would be great for driving, etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 07:26 AM
    I yet to see the update....hummmm
    Got It.....SMILE
    11-09-13 08:18 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't allow to access the microphone constantly. So that, SayIt cannot run headless

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 11:45 AM
    Given the recent updates ... would be nice to see an updated how-to video.
    Nice app overall to have on BB10.
    sparkaction and 007Storm like this.
    11-10-13 08:04 AM
    Sayit keeps freezing for me, actually it performs two or three translations or searchs, then although the app works and buttons respond, it does nothing..weird. I have to restart the Z10, because if I close Sayit and open it again it does not start, just shows opening logo..

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    11-12-13 11:03 AM
    @Bor Navas you should re-check the permissions for SayIt

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 10:12 AM
    Restaurant Nearby or anything Nearby command doesn't result to anything. All I've got was the a voice response and that's it. Please help.

SayIt rebuilt, re-designed with BlackBerry 10-img_00001316.png

Post via CB Z10
    11-13-13 10:51 PM
    Restaurant Nearby or anything Nearby command doesn't result to anything. All I've got was the a voice response and that's it. Please help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001316.png 
Views:	606 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	220502

Post via CB Z10
    I had the same problem - asking for Sushi and Japanese restaurants in/near Los Angeles. NONE found!
    11-13-13 11:30 PM
    @F2, you need to install Foursquare, SayIt is integrated with Foursquare

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 01:36 AM
    Will there be recognition of other languages?
    11-14-13 03:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    KOOL..........
    11-14-13 06:37 AM
    It has all permissions...

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    11-14-13 06:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    So you are SayingIt, that I need to join a social Network to use SayIt? I don't do Facebook and I will probably not be giving any of these other "SHARING" apps my info nor inform my friends where I am every minute of the day nor do I want to know where they are.

So without Four Square your app is now limited?
    11-14-13 03:41 PM
    @F2, you don't need to join or register new account at Foursquare. Just install it

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 05:58 PM
    Will there be recognition of other languages?
    11-15-13 03:39 PM
    @F2, you don't need to join or register new account at Foursquare. Just install it

Good to know, though I suppose the simple act of installing it may result in some sort of data collection through it.

This is my problem with so many software products these days: huge amounts of background data collection, most of which the user is completely unaware of.

Do not ever accept a vendor's claims that this data is "anonymized" or "randomized" - in almost ALL cases, that is either pure BS, or easily circumvented if they have a motivation to do so.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-15-13 10:23 PM
    Good to know, though I suppose the simple act of installing it may result in some sort of data collection through it.

This is my problem with so many software products these days: huge amounts of background data collection, most of which the user is completely unaware of.

Do not ever accept a vendor's claims that this data is "anonymized" or "randomized" - in almost ALL cases, that is either pure BS, or easily circumvented if they have a motivation to do so.
    Well, I had the initial version of Four Square on my z10 but installed the upgrade from bbworld. But it still does not know of any sushi or japanese restaurants in my area - wrong - there are plenty of them! Could not find French either (there may be slim pickens in that arena but I don't know if true or not)
    11-15-13 11:19 PM
    Well, I had the initial version of Four Square on my z10 but installed the upgrade from bbworld. But it still does not know of any sushi or japanese restaurants in my area - wrong - there are plenty of them! Could not find French either (there may be slim pickens in that arena but I don't know if true or not)

I'm not an expert on Foursquare, but of what I do know - because it's basically crowdsourced, if no one goes there and "checks in", that place is basically nonexistent to foursquare.

Some interesting comments could be made about the sociology of only exposing people to data about things which are "popular".
    11-15-13 11:31 PM
    I'm not an expert on Foursquare, but of what I do know - because it's basically crowdsourced, if no one goes there and "checks in", that place is basically nonexistent to foursquare.

Some interesting comments could be made about the sociology of only exposing people to data about things which are "popular".
    Oh, my, probably won't go there! Well, maybe a little. I remember a very popular Lebanese Restaurant with excellent food. After some events, it was pretty desolate for a few months but picked up again. It always remained excellent food.

But worst of all - new places won't be discovered until they are, well, discovered. But the Sushi place I'm looking for is 3 blocks from my home, has been there over 10 years and is very, very popular. It also has won "peoples' awards" a number of times. So, I think something else is probably amiss.

Oh, well, maybe I will give up. I just asked for "nearby hamburger restaurants" and it came up with ONLY Micky D's!!!! There are about 4 or 5 choice hamburger places within 2 miles of my home.
    11-16-13 09:40 AM
1,089 ... 3031323334 ...