That is functionality in the BlackBerry Voice Control. The dev has said he will not duplicate BlackBerry VC functionality.
    Yeah but there is high need for that. I don't want to use 2 different applications for the similar tasks, do you?
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-29-14 at 09:07 PM.
    coloibarra likes this.
    01-22-14 01:51 PM
    Yeah but there is high need for that. I don't want to use 2 different applications for the similar tasks, do you?
    t
    What does it matter? You hold the mute button down a little longer and you can use voice control, I don't see the point in the developer recreating the wheel when he can focus efforts on new features.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-29-14 at 09:07 PM.
    01-22-14 02:49 PM
    What does it matter? You hold the mute button down a little longer and you can use voice control, I don't see the point in the developer recreating the wheel when he can focus efforts on new features.

Posted via CB10
    It's confusing. I would like to see an App that competes with SIRI - not some hodge podge cobbled together across two or three apps.

Posted via CB10
    coloibarra likes this.
    01-22-14 03:35 PM
    It's confusing. I would like to see an App that competes with SIRI - not some hodge podge cobbled together across two or three apps.

Posted via CB10
    You are asking for far too much from a lone developer to compete with a cash rich company like Apple with plenty of staff working on Siri.

If your wanting a combination of the two apps you should be contacting BlackBerry and suggesting they approach BKU Software.

To purchase a Siri app for BlackBerry from a third-party you would be looking at quite the price-tag, I feel you have to be realistic.

That is not to say the developer cannot come up with solutions that Siri does not provide, he's talented. However he is a mere mortal.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 06:43 PM
    You are asking for far too much from a lone developer to compete with a cash rich company like Apple with plenty of staff working on Siri.

If your wanting a combination of the two apps you should be contacting BlackBerry and suggesting they approach BKU Software.

To purchase a Siri app for BlackBerry from a third-party you would be looking at quite the price-tag, I feel you have to be realistic.

That is not to say the developer cannot come up with solutions that Siri does not provide, he's talented. However he is a mere mortal.

Posted via CB10
    Whether developed by BlackBerry or another dev, it is what is needed.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 07:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Inconsistency is what matters. They are controlled and output totally differently. One works with BT headset, the other doesn't (much needed).
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-29-14 at 09:05 PM.
    niss63 likes this.
    01-22-14 08:47 PM
    Anybody else running into a problem where you can't scroll through Web search results? What you see is all you get, at least on my Z10STL100-4 running 10.2.1.1925.

SayIt rebuilt, re-designed with BlackBerry 10-img_20140123_132853.png

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 01:30 PM
    Had to delete say it again! Even with side media button set to Off and run in background set to Off accidentally pressing middle media button activates all the time. Very intrusive. Also sound not working after ignoring accidental key press. Hopefully fixes will come but latest updates are chewing through my battery big time.

Posted via My rocking Z30 on CB Forums
    coloibarra likes this.
    01-23-14 03:34 PM
    Turn on/off wifi or bluetooth doesn't work.
    SayIt rebuilt, re-designed with BlackBerry 10-img_20140124_061418.png

Update: Oh well, I said the command wrongly. Nevermind.

Update 2: Not working.
    Attachment 241189
    Attachment 241190
    Last edited by clieman; 01-23-14 at 06:55 PM.
    01-23-14 04:15 PM
    I've never pressed it by mistake and I use a holster, do you find yourself pressing the other buttons accidentally?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 06:01 PM
    I'm missing the 2nd sound it used to make after giving the command and pressing the button.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    01-23-14 11:37 PM
    Simply reaching into my pocket and pulling out the phone can engage the media say it button. Even though app media button shut off. That's a fail for the app. I have a Z30 and Z10 and no other issues with any other apps. As a power user I expect an app to work before it gets updated to not work correctly. Enough said. Good development hopefully moves forward and I can download again.

01-24-14 08:33 PM
    Simply reaching into my pocket and pulling out the phone can engage the media say it button. Even though app media button shut off. That's a fail for the app. I have a Z30 and Z10 and no other issues with any other apps. As a power user I expect an app to work before it gets updated to not work correctly. Enough said. Good development hopefully moves forward and I can download again.

And that's with your phone locked?
    01-24-14 08:47 PM
    Stopped responding when using the media button.

Uninstalled it once again.

Was in background mode and stopped responding.

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    01-24-14 10:11 PM
    And that's with your phone locked?
    SayIt still engages when the phone is locked, this mimics voice control.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 06:38 AM

Have you got a faulty button? You should be able to put a certain amount of pressure onto the button without clicking it (certainly the amount required to pickup the phone). I'm a big chap with hands like a bunch of bananas and mine doesn't activate.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 06:42 AM
    SayIt still engages when the phone is locked, this mimics voice control.

Posted via CB10
    Voice control will not activate with the phone locked; I've discovered SayIt does though. I don't worry though as I have a case that forces me to hunt for the middle button and it takes a little pressure to activate. So yes, unintentional activation issue does exist, for anyone not yet understanding the problem.
    01-25-14 07:26 AM
    Voice control will not activate with the phone locked; I've discovered SayIt does though. I don't worry though as I have a case that forces me to hunt for the middle button and it takes a little pressure to activate. So yes, unintentional activation issue does exist, for anyone not yet understanding the problem.
    Voice control activates when my Z10 is locked. The difference between Voice control and SayIt is that voice control also becomes an active application where as the screen remains off when SayIt is activated.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 12:32 PM
    Voice control activates when my Z10 is locked. The difference between Voice control and SayIt is that voice control also becomes an active application where as the screen remains off when SayIt is activated.

Posted via CB10
    Difference in OS/hardware version perhaps? I'm on 10.2.1.1925, STL100-4. I absolutely cannot get VC to work if device is locked. This is something I want to happen btw.
    01-25-14 01:31 PM
    Difference in OS/hardware version perhaps? I'm on 10.2.1.1925, STL100-4. I absolutely cannot get VC to work if device is locked. This is something I want to happen btw.
    I am running 10.2.0.429 (STL100-2), it will be interesting to hear other people's experiences.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 01:55 PM
    The media key activation is disturbing. Please have the option to disable it.

I have uninstall it for now.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 06:20 PM
    Why are everyone resorting to uninstalling the application? If you disable the Apps ability to run in the background in Application Permissions then it will no longer work when SayIt is not running.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 04:37 PM
    Anybody else seeing the message blackberry icon on SayIt? I can't understand what message it would be. No way to clear it off as it only registers notifications in the hub and I don't have any?

Authored on the Q10
    01-26-14 09:17 PM
    Sorry oyster sourced but turning off running background and side media key does not stop side key media activation so deleting for now is my only solution. Also app is sucking battery and interfering with hub++ now

01-28-14 09:18 PM
    Why are everyone resorting to uninstalling the application? If you disable the Apps ability to run in the background in Application Permissions then it will no longer work when SayIt is not running.

Posted via CB10
    The media key still activated if the background mode is turned off.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 11:03 PM
1,089 ... 3940414243 ...