I'm on the same os, no sound loss here.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    There's no requirement for you to say that. It clutters up the thread. The chap is informing the Dev of a potential bug.
    anand_ma likes this.
    01-09-14 02:20 AM
    I'm facing the same issue, I have to stop Sayit to have sounds again. I'm on 10.2.1.1055, a leak, yes but at least I have to inform of a bug since it could be there on the next official os update and at least, dev should answer.
    Something like "I'm working on it " would be enough for me. I'll uninstall Sayit by now, hopefully there will be a fix

C000F331C channel
    anand_ma likes this.
    01-09-14 02:46 AM
    I'm on the same os, no sound loss here.

Great for you! But I'm having problems.

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma likes this.
    01-09-14 02:51 AM
    Settings menu won't fully show. Trying to put name and it won't scroll up

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 03:18 AM
    That's exactly what i was looking from the developer after my 11th post (this) and 7th mail. I really don't understand why such a nice application with such positive review crashes on my legit OS.

I also don't know why the developer is not interested in working on the bug.

I'm facing the same issue, I have to stop Sayit to have sounds again. I'm on 10.2.1.1055, a leak, yes but at least I have to inform of a bug since it could be there on the next official os update and at least, dev should answer.
    Something like "I'm working on it " would be enough for me. I'll uninstall Sayit by now, hopefully there will be a fix

C000F331C channel
    coloibarra likes this.
    01-09-14 03:40 AM
    I deleted it until it's fixed and I'm on official 10.1 on Verizon

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz likes this.
    01-09-14 04:45 AM
    Join official channel for support? Are you kidding?.. my say it is not working and kills my microphone every time I use. I have to restart my phone to fix it. I use a legitimate latest OS and not a leak. My model is Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791
    This is the 10th post along with 7 mails I sent to you.

Where is the damn support you are talking about.

MODERATOR,

Is there a way to complain to BlackBerry about ridiculous support by app developers?

I love the app but it's ****** not working in my brand new z10

Shame on you developer, you are disgrace to developer community.

Anand, Z10, India
    Hey Anand, don't be unfair. If the app doesn't work for you remove it and wait for bug fixes. The dev is very active and helpful; I am sure he is hearing you...

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz and niss63 like this.
    01-09-14 05:58 AM
    There's no requirement for you to say that. It clutters up the thread. The chap is informing the Dev of a potential bug.
    Clutters the thread??? FOH! My reply also helps the dev smh. I informed the "chap" of not having it. The issue might be an app conflict. Wtfk.

oystersourced likes this.
    01-09-14 06:57 AM
    Great for you! But I'm having problems.

Posted via CB10
    Sarcasm much? Smh

01-09-14 06:58 AM
    And for the ones with a harsh font, take a chill pill. Anyone stop to think the dev might have a life beyond cb and an app??? Smmfh

01-09-14 07:04 AM
    You guys can join the Official SayIt BBM Channel to get latest news and supports

I'm sure you are working on the bugs at your convenience and I would like to thank you for all that you do. I understand deving an app is not everyone's full time job unlike some folks reporting and blogging seems to be.

01-09-14 07:10 AM
    And for the ones with a harsh font, take a chill pill. Anyone stop to think the dev might have a life beyond cb and an app??? Smmfh

I paid for an app that would work and in my case doesn't work. I have every right to complain about it.

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma likes this.
    01-09-14 08:23 AM
    I paid for an app that would work and in my case doesn't work. I have every right to complain about it.

Posted via CB10
    Unmm I paid for the app too! The dev didn't even have a z10 when he started the app till someone gave him a LE z. There is a difference between complaining or being rude and advising the dev of an issue or potential bug. Do you think code is written and it works flawlessly with no hicips? Given the countless variables??? Get real!

01-09-14 08:41 AM
    The thing is that the dev is not even answering. It's the same with wallpaper changer hd dev, Shao. His app was fine, but there is a problem that BlackBerry must solve. Not his fault, but he should at least answer periodically at his thread...
    If you code an app, you can't ignore the ones that paid for it.

C000F331C channel
    coloibarra and anand_ma like this.
    01-09-14 09:09 AM
    The thing is that the dev is not even answering. It's the same with wallpaper changer hd dev, Shao. His app was fine, but there is a problem that BlackBerry must solve. Not his fault, but he should at least answer periodically at his thread...
    If you code an app, you can't ignore the ones that paid for it.

C000F331C channel
    Unfortunately as a lone developer it can be difficult to balance support and active development. My experience with SayIt support was not great however I do see him active in this thread and updates do happen. SayIt is a 'popular' app so I can imagine there is a lot of messages to wade through.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 09:29 AM
    There is NO guarantee an app work on a leak! I have no such issue on official Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791.

There was no need for you to reiterate that I'm running a leak. I already gave the Dev that information in my post.

Hopefully, if we keep this thread uncluttered the Dev can peruse all the important information.

The Dev definitely seems active and clearly cares about the app.
    oystersourced and anand_ma like this.
    01-09-14 10:04 AM
    After I updated Sayit, my Z10 lost all sounds. They returned after I deleted Sayit. Someone else on the forum had this problem. Is it a known issue? I'm running 10.2.1.1925
    My theory is that since it is running headless, the phone thinks there is media open, so for example when you have the volume keys set to adjust notification volume, and sayit is running headless, the volume still controls media and not notifications. After a little troubleshooting here is what I found:

If sayit is running headless, and you press the middle button to activate sayit, then go and play music or a video, there is no sound, but if you press the middle again to I guess close your sayit request, then go play a song or video, your sound is back. So effectively when you are pressing the middle key to use sayit, but forget to close the sayit request, you have no sound because I guess the device is trying to take in your sayit request, however if you close the sayit request by pressing the key a second time, sayit is no longer active so you get your sound back.

Edit: after playing around more I have confirmed that this is most likely what is happening:

I have my volume control set to control notification volume.

Sayit running headless

If I press the middle button to activate sayit, then try to adjust notification volume, it adjusts media volume not notification volume, and if I play a song or a video there is no sound.

If I press the middle button again to stop sayit, then try and adjust the volume it now adjusts the notification volume again, and if I play a song or video my sound is back.

So in essence, when you purposely or accidentally hit the middle button once, it opens a sayit request (for lack of a better term), and this makes the phone think there is media running, so it's like if your playing a song, then play a video, the song stops and video takes priority, or the other way around, so sayit must be taking priority over media, then when you close the sayit request, the media mode or whatever sayit is taking control of stops, and you can continue on with your other media.

Not sure if I would classify this is a bug or just user error for opening and not closing the sayit request. But maybe there should be a timeout, or something in the top to show sayit is open and accepting a voice request. Maybe make the media "play" icon show up to signify sayit is actively listening? And then that can show a user they need to close the request.

I'm running 1055 leak. Sorry for the long post, but just wanted to be clear with my findings to help the dev out.

Edit2: sorry but another finding, if I am playing a song and there is sound, and then press the middle key to make a sayit "request", it cuts off the music sound until I close the sayit request. What I find weird with this though is that it doesn't pause or stop the song, it just cuts out the sound and the song keeps playing with no soynd, and when I close the sayit "request" by pressing the middle button again, the song sound comes back on.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by irwindersra; 01-09-14 at 11:18 AM.
    01-09-14 10:57 AM
    Also, just wanted to note that I was able to replicate this with my BlackBerry Q10 running non leak OS on Rogers

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma likes this.
    01-09-14 11:58 AM
    For me Sayit is nothing more than eye candy. If I ask for anything near me it brings up locations 50km away, saying they are only 1km away. I have had this issue from the beginning and have emailed the Dev. I have the same issue for the weather, it brings up the weather for Simcoe the cit, not Simcoe the county. It would be even better if it would go to actual city I live in, but I would settle for the county.

I wish the developer would perfect one feature before adding more that only half work. This app had great potential, but needs a lot of polish.

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma likes this.
    01-09-14 01:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Get your refund from BlackBerry world and move on then.
    01-09-14 03:46 PM
    For me Sayit is nothing more than eye candy. If I ask for anything near me it brings up locations 50km away, saying they are only 1km away. I have had this issue from the beginning and have emailed the Dev. I have the same issue for the weather, it brings up the weather for Simcoe the cit, not Simcoe the county. It would be even better if it would go to actual city I live in, but I would settle for the county.

I wish the developer would perfect one feature before adding more that only half work. This app had great potential, but needs a lot of polish.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I would suggest getting out of Bradford!! Hehehehe
    coloibarra likes this.
    01-09-14 03:47 PM
    Get your refund from BlackBerry world and move on then.
    I don't think this is the solution. I wonder if the problem was happening with your app this would be your answer... it's not simply that my money back, it's that there should be better support.

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma likes this.
    01-09-14 03:51 PM
    I don't think this is the solution. I wonder if the problem was happening with your app this would be your answer... it's not simply that my money back, it's that there should be better support.

Posted via CB10
    In your case, there apparently isn't.
    So you must deal with the world you live in, not the one you want.
    If it were my problem, and I was dissatisfied with my support, I would request my refund and move on.
    Such is life.
    01-09-14 04:07 PM
    In your case, there apparently isn't.
    So you must deal with the world you live in, not the one you want.
    If it were my problem, and I was dissatisfied with my support, I would request my refund and move on.
    Such is life.
    Get a life dude. I do what I want. This is between me and the dev. I like the app and want it to work as it should. that's wrong?

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma likes this.
    01-09-14 05:50 PM
    I have decided to delete this app until the dev can get the problems ironed out.

Posted via CB10
    cbosdell, coloibarra and anand_ma like this.
    01-09-14 06:27 PM
1,089 ... 3637383940 ...