My SayIt startup screen does not have the version number....WHY. I have a Verizon White Z10 official OS
    LoL.
    Why? Because no one has the version number on the start up screen.
    As per the quote of my post, this previous version is listed in my "About" screen.
    You can find it by pressing the overflow menu (3 dots) while in the application.
    I'm sure it's just a small oversight anyway.

HTH
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-16-13 01:36 PM
    If it read the introduction to you, that would be cool

Posted via Harry
    10-16-13 06:26 PM
    Hey dev? They are getting WA with 10.2 update on Voice Control, any new ideas for SayIt

Posted via Harry
    10-21-13 04:44 PM
    Grab SayIt now
    I decided to make sales for all of my 4 Built for BlackBerry apps from Tuesday, Oct. 22 to Sunday, Oct. 27 the details price list is below
    1. SayIt: $1.99 (60% off, normal $4.99) (BlackBerry World - SayIt Built for BlackBerry)
    2. SafeDrive: $1.99 (50% off, normal $3.99) (BlackBerry World - SafeDrive)
    3. SuperNote: $0.99 (50% off, normal $1.99) (BlackBerry World - Super Note)
    4. MagicCam: $0.99 (50% off, normal $1.99) (BlackBerry World - Magic Cam Built for BlackBerry)
    MADBRADNYC, i_hiker and Omnitech like this.
    10-21-13 11:10 PM
    I second the request to say your name, and have a voice command to get started. Very Star Trek. LOL

Maybe can we have you replace the bluetooth audio button press that normally activates the BB10 voice command, at least while the app is running? It seems like that has been asked before on this thread.

Thanks again for the sale. Buying both SayIt and SafeDrive. Hope SafeDrive can read both email and sms soon.

Posted via CB10
    hf199 likes this.
    10-22-13 12:12 PM
    BachKhoa,
    Will you be adding more integration to email? I would like to give the command "Send email to John Doe" and have it launch a new email addressed to John Doe with the cursor in the subject line.

Posted via my bad azzzz "Z"
    10-22-13 07:44 PM
    Me too

Posted via Harry
    10-22-13 07:49 PM
    BachKhoa,
    Will you be adding more integration to email? I would like to give the command "Send email to John Doe" and have it launch a new email addressed to John Doe with the cursor in the subject line.

He has repeatedly stated here that he is not going to attempt to duplicate the functionality that the native VC provides.

I would guess the reason for that is either A) to avoid confusion or some kind of technical issue, B) because BlackBerry takes a dim view of such apps, C) for political reasons, or some combination of those three things.

I for one would love it if I could just replace the native VC with this app (if only because the spoken voice is a lot more pleasant to listen to), but it sounds like it will not happen.
    10-23-13 04:32 AM
    He's in trouble with 10.2 update with WAlpha

Posted via Harry
    10-23-13 05:19 AM
    Whenever I install this app my voice command stops working. Has done this on to versions of 10.2 now.

It like it can't hear me. Worked before I installed this app. Stopped working when I installed. Still doesn't work after installed.

Sad...Waste of money. Waste of time.

I have posted about this but no response. No one else has this issue?

Posted via CB10 on a Verizon Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    10-23-13 06:42 AM
    Whenever I install this app my voice command stops working. Has done this on to versions of 10.2 now.

It like it can't hear me. Worked before I installed this app. Stopped working when I installed. Still doesn't work after installed.

Sad...Waste of money. Waste of time.

I have posted about this but no response. No one else has this issue?

Added: when set to calls only VC works fine. When switched back to full recognition it cuts me off. It hears OK, but the input time is too short. Again this happened when Sayit was installed.

10-23-13 07:19 AM

This used to happen to me when I was on the old, original Verizon OS for the Z10. (10.0.9.422/10.0.9.2743)

When I updated the OS to 10.1, didn't have that problem any more.

Then again, I have never been able to turn "full VC" on the native system, because if I tried that, voice dialing didn't work worth a crap any more. (hardly recognized anything correctly)

I actually haven't tried with the later 10.1 I'm running on my daily driver. I just found the native VC to be really really bad in the past.

I have 10.2 on my second device but no Sayit installed there. I'll probably put 10.2 on my DD now that it is reaching release status.
    10-23-13 11:15 PM
    Now that I have SafeDrive and SayIt, I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. Neither seem to reply voice back via bluetooth audio. (yet they listen to me there) It always talks via the phone speaker.

Is there some setting for this? I know my Motorola bluetooth supports it, as my old BlackBerry Bold 8900 did this.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 04:28 PM
    Just bought Sayit. I expected to be able to dictate emails and make notes in a program. Am I missing some thing or is this not available in this program?
    10-26-13 01:25 AM
    Now today I have a new problem with SayIt. It worked just fine hearing me on my bluetooth, but then stopped opening the bluetooth connection when I held the on screen button. It told me it couldn't hear me. I closed the app and the built in voice commands worked. Closed my BT connection and tried restarting and running SayIt from phone audio. It just gets stuck in "Thinking..." mode and says it can't get my voice and to try again. I also tried voice to text and it sticks in "Processing...".

I've restarted the phone several times. No difference. Any suggestions? I literally cannot use it on my Z10 (running 10.1) now, but it worked fine an hour ago. I also checked, and I have data access via both cell and wifi with no problem...

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 11:12 AM
    Sayit broke my VC too. I contacted the Dev. No fix yet.

Happened on both 1725 and 1791.

10-27-13 04:03 PM
    Ok, it fixed my voice input when I did a battery pull. (That's so OS6...) Strange that 4 restarts didn't do it...

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 01:41 PM
    Ok, it fixed my voice input when I did a battery pull. (That's so OS6...) Strange that 4 restarts didn't do it...

No need to do a battery pull on a BB10 device. There are 2 kinds of restarts, "warm" and "cold". A "cold" restart is the same as an old-school battery-pull.

I'm guessing you were originally doing warm restarts (ie hold power button for 3 secs, press "restart" button on screen), which will not re-initialize all the OS daemons/processes.

You can do a cold restart by either holding the power button down longer until the device completely powers-down, then powering it back up. Or you can do it by holding both the volume up and volume down buttons down until it restarts. (in that case it will take a screenshot before it restarts)
    10-28-13 08:27 PM
    A new update for SayIt has just been submitted to BBWorld and waiting for approval.
    MADBRADNYC, Spencerdl and Baked like this.
    11-07-13 12:42 AM
    A new update for SayIt has just been submitted to BBWorld and waiting for approval.
    Awesome!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    11-07-13 01:31 AM
    Great news! These issues were driving me nuts

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    11-07-13 06:51 AM
    Just got it. v2.6.0.0.
    Awesome extensive change log!
    I was so busy trying to get it, I didn't think to take a screenie of the new features and change log. LoL.
    Sorry Guys.

Thanks for listening and the continuous updates!
    11-07-13 03:33 PM
    How much better, if any, is Sayit than the voice control that comes with BB10?

Sent from my kick *** Z30
    11-07-13 03:41 PM
    How much better, if any, is Sayit than the voice control that comes with BB10?
    Read the features on BlackBerry World and compare them to what you can do with Voice Control.
    A "no brainer" for me....
    11-07-13 03:46 PM
    Disclaimer: Plus, I like him as a person too. LoL.
    11-07-13 03:48 PM
1,089 ... 2930313233 ...