I just purchased the app. I'm stuck on the start up page. Can someone help me out please?

Never mind. I restarted my phone and now it's working.

Posted via CB10
    Remember to allow all permissions for SayIt to work. To edit permissions, go to Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions > SayIt, then allow all permissions
    larsonage likes this.
    08-20-13 07:22 PM
    Remember to allow all permissions for SayIt to work. To edit permissions, go to Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions > SayIt, then allow all permissions
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 07:49 PM
    SayIt needs Share Files permission because it stores the temporary voice file on your device. You need this permission for the app to work.

Posted via CB10
    Why can't SayIt store these within its own application area instead?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 02:04 AM
    Because in Text to Voice, you can download converted mp3 file. So, it needs Share Files permission

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 02:05 AM
    Still crashing when asked to play my music.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 05:26 AM
    It shows message : 'error from internal' when I want to use it after I turned on the touchless sensing.

Channel : C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-21-13 12:07 PM
    It shows message : 'error from internal' when I want to use it after I turned on the touchless sensing.

If you guys get the "Internal error" message. There are two cases:
    1. You haven't allowed all permissions for SayIt to work. To edit permissions, go to Settings (the Settings of your phone) > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions > SayIt, then allow all permissions
    2. You mis-use the record button. The default behavior on the Z10 is Tap & Hold> Speak > Release to end.

When the app doesn't recognize your voice. The "internal error" pops up. Move your hand near the Light Sensor of your phone (at the distance less than 2 cm or so) till the time you hear "Beep" then Speak, after that move your hand away and you will hear a "Beep" again. Then SayIt will start thinking and processing your command. The reason why you hear 2 "Beeps" is that your hand moves near the Light Sensor and you move it away immediately without speaking. That's why the "internal error" message appeared. You need to get acquainted to this new "Touchless Sensing" feature. You can use the Record Button as normal without any problem.
    wildbanger likes this.
    08-21-13 07:44 PM
    Bought this app so that I could activate voice dialling for a contact with touchless sensing while driving. Shocked to discover it doesn't support voice dialling. Whilst some of its features are impressive, this app is a bit of a joke without this basic functionality. Much like a car with a powerful engine that never needs to refuel but has no wheels.
    You would not have been shocked if you had read the details of what the app can do. SayIt for BlackBerry 10
    Nowhere does it advertise that it can perform any method of dialing a phone number.
    Rather than being a bit insulting and calling the app 'a bit of a joke...', ask the Developer if they might add the feature you're wanting.

For some wishing it would read email and text, I don't believe it was an advertised capability either. It would be nice.

Great app, does a lot!
    08-21-13 07:45 PM
    If you guys get the "Internal error" message. There are two cases:
    1. You haven't allowed all permissions for SayIt to work. To edit permissions, go to Settings (the Settings of your phone) > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions > SayIt, then allow all permissions
    2. You mis-use the record button. The default behavior on the Z10 is Tap & Hold> Speak > Release to end.

When the app doesn't recognize your voice. The "internal error" pops up. Move your hand near the Light Sensor of your phone (at the distance less than 2 cm or so) till the time you hear "Beep" then Speak, after that move your hand away and you will hear a "Beep" again. Then SayIt will start thinking and processing your command. The reason why you hear 2 "Beeps" is that your hand moves near the Light Sensor and you move it away immediately without speaking. That's why the "internal error" message appeared. You need to get acquainted to this new "Touchless Sensing" feature. You can use the Record Button as normal without any problem.
    What about the play music crashing?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 08:58 PM
    What about the play music crashing?

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes it crashes with the leaked 10.2. It works well with 10.1. Let me find the problem with the leaked 10.2
    08-21-13 09:23 PM
    Sometimes it crashes with the leaked 10.2. It works well with 10.1. Let me find the problem with the leaked 10.2
    I'm not on 10.2. I am standard 10.1. I think the others with the same issue are also 10.1.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 09:27 PM
    I heart your product!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 01:35 AM
    Problem solved, great app

08-22-13 04:32 AM
    Problem solved, great app

Kindly leave a good review on BBWorld
    08-22-13 04:39 AM
    Bought this app so that I could activate voice dialling for a contact with touchless sensing while driving. Shocked to discover it doesn't support voice dialling. Whilst some of its features are impressive, this app is a bit of a joke without this basic functionality. Much like a car with a powerful engine that never needs to refuel but has no wheels.
    If you add the #999-555-1234 as a contact, you can issue voice commands through your car bluetooth by calling this number.
    Eg. Hand free use car bt to call the z10, then issue normal voice command that would be entered into the native voice controls (not sayit's)

If your car doesn't have bt, holding the side button to activate the native voice control really isn't any different than hovering over the phone. Really.

If you hate it. I'm sure the dev will issue you a refund. There's no need to come here and call it a joke. This app is seriously better than siri.
    08-22-13 04:41 PM
    Kindly leave a good review on BBWorld
    Dropped, thanks!

08-23-13 01:03 AM
    Excuse me if I was rude. I personally do not see a need for this application, certainly not one warranting its $5 price. Given the price, and the fact that it is a voice command application I naturally expected it to perform the most intrinsic value of a voice command application. I spoke strongly because this application has some great features that are let down by its lack of voice dialling functionality. I personally am also at a loss as to the use of some of the other features.. you can open a new email using say it.. but require additional presses to compose the email. You can only open a select few applications (if these were definable at least you could trigger Sayit to open voice dialling or macros created with other apps). The translation features and music player are nice. Other than those, to me it seems that this apps only other quality is an expensive addition to google search. It's a shame that a powerful app is crippled by a lack of basic functionality. That's my opinion.
    If you add the #999-555-1234 as a contact, you can issue voice commands through your car bluetooth by calling this number.
    Eg. Hand free use car bt to call the z10, then issue normal voice command that would be entered into the native voice controls (not sayit's)

If your car doesn't have bt, holding the side button to activate the native voice control really isn't any different than hovering over the phone. Really.

If you hate it. I'm sure the dev will issue you a refund. There's no need to come here and call it a joke. This app is seriously better than siri.
    soobydoo likes this.
    08-23-13 02:09 AM
    Excuse me if I was rude. I personally do not see a need for this application, certainly not one warranting its $5 price. Given the price, and the fact that it is a voice command application I naturally expected it to perform the most intrinsic value of a voice command application. I spoke strongly because this application has some great features that are let down by its lack of voice dialling functionality. I personally am also at a loss as to the use of some of the other features.. you can open a new email using say it.. but require additional presses to compose the email. You can only open a select few applications (if these were definable at least you could trigger Sayit to open voice dialling or macros created with other apps). The translation features and music player are nice. Other than those, to me it seems that this apps only other quality is an expensive addition to google search. It's a shame that a powerful app is crippled by a lack of basic functionality. That's my opinion.
    The app is EXACTLY as advertised.
    You expected more than advertised.
    08-23-13 07:50 AM
    When I ask what the weather is like, it gives me the forecast for Ottawa. But I live on NS. Just thought I'd let you know.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 09:15 AM
    I'm not asking for a refund. I'm voicing my dismay over the shortcomings of this application. Other people agree. This app makes no sense to me in its present state. I'm not saying I was misled, but if other people are inclined to expect more from this app, then my comments will be beneficial to them. I am hoping the app is updated with those features regardless. I am not the only one voicing this opinion though I may have stressed it vigorously at first.
    The app is EXACTLY as advertised.
    You expected more than advertised.
    08-23-13 10:33 AM
    I'm not asking for a refund. I'm voicing my dismay over the shortcomings of this application. Other people agree. This app makes no sense to me in its present state. I'm not saying I was misled, but if other people are inclined to expect more from this app, then my comments will be beneficial to them. I am hoping the app is updated with those features regardless. I am not the only one voicing this opinion though I may have stressed it vigorously at first.
    In the future, read the description in App World so you know what it offers, not what you think/want offered.
    R Field likes this.
    08-23-13 06:26 PM
    I think the apps current limitations have more to do with the limits of what BlackBerry allows you to access. It does what it says it will do. I'm the future, if BlackBerry allows it, maybe vote could assume the functions of Voice Control too.

Posted from my Zed 10
    08-24-13 04:49 AM
    The limitations aren't just what the description says. The location services do NOT work properly and the developer continues to ignore my emails and messages in this forum. I don't live in Ottawa, Ontario. I also see another user from eastern Canada has the same issue. Fix it or at the very least acknowledge the issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 09:49 AM
    The app still has bugs. I cannot get mine working on 3G/HSPA. What the app should do, which does not work, and what it is neither designed not represented to be capable of, are two different things.

Posted from my Zed 10
    08-24-13 01:01 PM
    Happy to report the latest version is now working for me on 3G/HSPA+.

Posted from my Zed 10
    09-02-13 08:47 AM
1,089 ... 2021222324 ...