I'd rather do that than say, "ok Google now". Looking forward to this. Sweet.
    That being said, what prevents you from turning on the mic and listening for the trigger word? Battery drain, cpu cycles, lack of API access?
    08-16-13 02:09 AM
    That being said, what prevents you from turning on the mic and listening for the trigger word? Battery drain, cpu cycles, lack of API access?
    It is still activated by a gesture. It's not running constantly listening for a keyword. It would be no more or less safe, etc than it is now.
    08-16-13 02:52 AM
    Bug found when defining vulgar words. Running 1047 though.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 02:53 AM
    It is still activated by a gesture. It's not running constantly listening for a keyword. It would be no more or less safe, etc than it is now.
    I understand that, just that touch, sense, and voice triggering would be the holy trifecta for this kind of app. Take that samsung and apple.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 02:57 AM
    I'm not going to update PB version. Sorry
    Well that sucks, another dev to abandon the playbook, you never even updated the playbook version since it was released, you just made a quick buck with a beta app, devs like you suck.
    08-16-13 02:57 AM
    I think you guys will like this

Dude that's awesome!!!! Will it be doing this for emails and texts plus reply by voice by hovering your hand over the mic?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-16-13 09:40 AM
    Dude that's awesome!!!! Will it be doing this for emails and texts plus reply by voice by hovering your hand over the mic?

Can you describe more about this? Not only hovering your hand, you can hold and move your phone near to your ear (like the way you answer a phone call), you will trigger SayIt to record and if you move the phone away from your ear, SayIt will stop listening and process command
    08-16-13 10:04 AM
    Now, you can activate and ask SayIt from your home screen of your phone, even your phone is locked and sleep (SayIt runs as thumbnail mode)
    08-17-13 12:20 AM
    Best voice assistance app, when is the next update?

Channel : C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    08-17-13 12:27 AM
    Now, you can activate and ask SayIt from your home screen of your phone, even your phone is locked and sleep. You can hover you hand, put your phone near your ear or even flip your phone to activate SayIt

mzceetee, kingrizz and Mr_F like this.
    08-17-13 03:19 AM
    She needs to learn our name and mention it in replies.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 09:45 AM
    Funny, I get the same response on here that I do by email from the Dev. Great customer support my a$$.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 07:46 PM
    Well that sucks, another dev to abandon the playbook, you never even updated the playbook version since it was released, you just made a quick buck with a beta app, devs like you suck.

The Playbook has been end-of-lifed by BlackBerry, which means that ongoing developer support is going to be limited at best for the platform, and nonexistent at some point if it isn't already.

Most software developers don't support unsupported OS's because if an issue comes up that requires OS vendor support it is not available, which ends up making that developer's products look bad, ie they don't work right and there is nothing they can do about it.

Lastly: you suck for acting like a rude, spoiled child.
    BCITMike likes this.
    08-18-13 04:48 AM

The funny thing is that BachKoa added this feature a while back ("name" box in settings) but I'm not sure what it actually does, because it doesn't seem to be reflected in voice responses, only ie the initial text greeting.
    08-18-13 04:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Need to be reminded of your name? Taking longer to get answer, no thank you.
    Baked likes this.
    08-18-13 04:59 AM
    Need to be reminded of your name? Taking longer to get answer, no thank you.
    Nope just don't like being called human.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 07:30 AM
    I've just uploaded the new update for SayIt to BBWorld. It's still pending for approval. Stay tuned for this awesome update
    BryanVilla and Mr_F like this.
    08-19-13 12:10 AM
    This appears to be a very neat app with no practical application for me on Q10. I bought it primarily for motoring but found : -

1. It doesn't read texts and emails!
    2. It can open Calendar but not do anything in it such as create an entry
    3. It doesn't work on my BMW audio system via bluetooth

Its a real shame because the quality of playback of the speech engine is exceptional.
    08-19-13 02:56 AM
    Can you describe more about this? Not only hovering your hand, you can hold and move your phone near to your ear (like the way you answer a phone call), you will trigger SayIt to record and if you move the phone away from your ear, SayIt will stop listening and process command
    What I mean is can we reply to sms and emails by hovering our hand over the mic and speaking with our voice?

08-19-13 08:59 AM
    The new version 2.4 is now available on BBWorld

New in this release
    ● Introducing "Touchless Sensing" mode. Now, you can activate and ask SayIt from your home screen of your phone, even your phone is locked and sleep. You can hover you hand, put your phone near your ear (like the way you answer a phone call) or even flip your phone to activate SayIt. By default, Touchless Sensing mode is disable, you can activate it through the Settings inside the app.
    ● Option to choose between Tap&Hold - Speak - Release and Tap - Speak -Tap action for Z10
    ● Fix "go to" command
    ● Music can play in background
    ● Fix music stuffs. Play music on SDCard or internal memory
    ● More soccer info
    ● Fix Vimeo in Search Mode
    11pts and mzceetee like this.
    08-20-13 01:29 AM
    The new version 2.4 is now available on BBWorld

New in this release
    ● Introducing "Touchless Sensing" mode. Now, you can activate and ask SayIt from your home screen of your phone, even your phone is locked and sleep. You can hover you hand, put your phone near your ear (like the way you answer a phone call) or even flip your phone to activate SayIt. By default, Touchless Sensing mode is disable, you can activate it through the Settings inside the app.
    ● Option to choose between Tap&Hold - Speak - Release and Tap - Speak -Tap action for Z10
    ● Fix "go to" command
    ● Music can play in background
    ● Fix music stuffs. Play music on SDCard or internal memory
    ● More soccer info
    ● Fix Vimeo in Search Mode
    Effin awesome man. Hope it works for leaked 10.2's.

Posted via the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    08-20-13 01:35 AM
    Effin awesome man. Hope it works for leaked 10.2's.

Posted via the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    I works with the leaked OS.
    08-20-13 01:47 AM
    Ooooooooo fantastic!!! The new update works on the new 10.2 with the touch less sensing and all!
    I had just started to use this and the more I do the more I love it. Thanks for the good work! Well worth the $!!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 01:53 AM
    Ooooooooo fantastic!!! The new update works on the new 10.2 with the touch less sensing and all!
    I had just started to use this and the more I do the more I love it. Thanks for the good work! Well worth the $!!

Posted via CB10
    Please leave an awesome review on BBWorld
    08-20-13 02:00 AM
    The Playbook has been end-of-lifed by BlackBerry, which means that ongoing developer support is going to be limited at best for the platform, and nonexistent at some point if it isn't already.

Most software developers don't support unsupported OS's because if an issue comes up that requires OS vendor support it is not available, which ends up making that developer's products look bad, ie they don't work right and there is nothing they can do about it.

Lastly: you suck for acting like a rude, spoiled child.
    Shut up ignorant, first there was never support for the playbook sayit since it was released, zero updates nothing, just bull**** promises second the dev just made himself look bad by ripping off playbook customers by abandoning an app from the very start and erasing constructive reviews just because they are low.
    08-20-13 02:01 AM
1,089 ... 1819202122 ...