Thanks.
    Double thanks.

Does it work for other forms of transportation? Things like mainland rail or underground metro stations?
    05-25-13 08:16 AM
    Double thanks.

Does it work for other forms of transportation? Things like mainland rail or underground metro stations?
    Yapp. It will find all kinds of transit near you
    Mr_F likes this.
    05-25-13 12:44 PM
    Cool

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 01:02 PM
    I'm so excited for the next update....

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 08:35 AM
    Sport scores for favorite teams would be awesome. Not sure if it was mentioned before? One thing I miss from Google now was asking who won the game or whats the score of the game, etc.
    Mr_F likes this.
    05-30-13 09:29 AM
    Done the update. Waiting appropriate time to release
    mzceetee likes this.
    05-30-13 10:58 PM
    Excellent..

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 07:39 AM
    The appropriate time is now. When one pays for an app, they shouldn't have to wait for an update that is currently available.
    05-31-13 12:59 PM
    The appropriate time is now. When one pays for an app, they shouldn't have to wait for an update that is currently available.

Bizarre statement. The app developer can release updates whenever they want, or don't want. Users have no right to "force" them to do anything, especially if the version the customer purchased does everything the vendor claims it would do when they purchased it.
    Mr_F, cjcampbell and zehkaiser like this.
    05-31-13 05:15 PM
    Bizarre statement. The app developer can release updates whenever they want, or don't want. Users have no right to "force" them to do anything, especially if the version the customer purchased does everything the vendor claims it would do when they purchased it.
    Nobody is "forcing" the developer to do anything and of course, he can release updates as he sees fit. My comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek because he said he had an update but was waiting for the "appropriate time" to release it. That, I find bizarre. Why bother announce it?
    05-31-13 06:40 PM
    Nobody is "forcing" the developer to do anything and of course, he can release updates as he sees fit. My comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek because he said he had an update but was waiting for the "appropriate time" to release it. That, I find bizarre. Why bother announce it?

Probably for the same kinds of reasons that Blackberry announced Skype 3 months ago, and BB10 for the Playbook last year, and cross-platform BBM which won't be available for several months, and....
    05-31-13 06:50 PM
    It just occurred to me why he might have been waiting.

The only real "competition" in voice apps for BB10, something which had so far been vaporware and which had repeatedly made claims that it did not fulfill, made a bold claim last month that it would finally release its product this month.

Well this month is almost over and still no sign of their app, so it wouldn't particularly surprise me that BachKhoa University may have felt it was prudent to wait and see if they actually did pull a rabbit out of the proverbial hat, and announce some new killer voice features, he might decide to add something competitive to SayIt before submitting the latest version to Blackberry World.

It appears though that once again, the "competition" has turned-out to be vaporware.

thread link
    05-31-13 09:57 PM
    The new version is submitted to BBWorld and waiting for approval
    mzceetee, KemKev and Mr_F like this.
    06-01-13 09:03 AM
    SayIt updated to v2.2.0.
    New in this release:
    ● Input command via keyboard
    ● Transit finder: bus stations, underground metro, TGV, mainland rail, ect...
    ● BBC news
    ● Add navigation action for browser in Voice Search: back, forward and refresh
    ● Customize user's name
    ● BlackBerry Q5 support

The new update is rolling out. You need to wait for BBWorld to refresh to see this update
    Mr_F and mzceetee like this.
    06-01-13 11:11 AM
    It just occurred to me why he might have been waiting.

The only real "competition" in voice apps for BB10, something which had so far been vaporware and which had repeatedly made claims that it did not fulfill, made a bold claim last month that it would finally release its product this month.

Well this month is almost over and still no sign of their app, so it wouldn't particularly surprise me that BachKhoa University may have felt it was prudent to wait and see if they actually did pull a rabbit out of the proverbial hat, and announce some new killer voice features, he might decide to add something competitive to SayIt before submitting the latest version to Blackberry World.

It appears though that once again, the "competition" has turned-out to be vaporware.

thread link
    I concede that to be a reasonable position though if anyone was following news on that other app, one would probably realize those devs are blowing smoke
    06-01-13 11:13 AM
    It's updated

SayIt rebuilt, re-designed with BlackBerry 10-img_00000037.png

Posted via CB10
    Mr_F and mzceetee like this.
    06-01-13 11:22 AM
    Won't update if I refresh but will upgrade if you go to the app.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:56 AM
    SayIt rebuilt, re-designed with BlackBerry 10-img_00000224.png

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:57 AM
    Hmm, so do we have an explanation for the dev's screen displaying 2.2.0.3 for Jun 1 2013, and Baked's screen displaying 2.2.0.2 for the same date?

I had the same issue - doing a "check for updates" from the "My World" screen did not prompt for an update, until I went into the app screen on "My World" directly, where it showed 2.2.0.2 available.

Is it because I'm on Verizon's 10.0.9.422/10.0.9.2743 release?
    06-01-13 03:13 PM
    Hmm, so do we have an explanation for the dev's screen displaying 2.2.0.3 for Jun 1 2013, and Baked's screen displaying 2.2.0.2 for the same date?

I had the same issue - doing a "check for updates" from the "My World" screen did not prompt for an update, until I went into the app screen on "My World" directly, where it showed 2.2.0.2 available.

Is it because I'm on Verizon's 10.0.9.422/10.0.9.2743 release?
    Just shooting from the hip here but I remember the Dev saying that the Z and the Q run on slightly different version numbers (but have exactly the same feature set). The Dev is using a Q whereas Baked was using a Z - hence the discrepancy. Dev - please correct me if I'm wrong (I'm just going from memory).
    06-01-13 03:47 PM
    Just shooting from the hip here but I remember the Dev saying that the Z and the Q run on slightly different version numbers (but have exactly the same feature set). The Dev is using a Q whereas Baked was using a Z - hence the discrepancy. Dev - please correct me if I'm wrong (I'm just going from memory).
    Yup correct
    06-01-13 04:18 PM
    Yep, 2.2.0.2 and 2.2.0.3 has the same features set

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 05:56 PM
    I've got another request for your TRANSLATOR...
    you did such a good job installing the conversions FROM and TO that I requested in the past to allow for coversational translations...
    However just last night it dawned on me how much easier it would be IF one could FLIP the "FROM" <> "TO so that one didn't have to scroll the languages back and forth to achieve a FLIP translation...
    I noticed there is a little button with arrows between the "FROM" and "TO" and I tried pressing it..hoping it would automatically reverse the order of the language flow...to no avail...
    Is this something you can ADD into the structure? for easier/faster reversal of settings...
    For Example:
    From SPANISH <> To English ... with a quick touch of the cursor "<>" it becomes From English <> To SPANISH...
    and then back again after another PRESS between completed translations...
    Just a thought to improve performance...
    Thanks in Advance...
    06-01-13 06:02 PM
    Yes, will add this

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 06:04 PM
    Awesome. This is what I thought about today too.
    It would make having an entire conversation possible with ease.

Is it possible to set a language as default, so that anything said in any other language automatically translates to the default?
    So I could have English set as my default then set say English to Italian and then when I speak English it goes to Italian and when they reply it goes to English no matter what language they answer with.
    06-01-13 08:02 PM
1,089 ... 1213141516 ...