I would add that this is the best app to hit the playbook since What's Up
    11-28-12 04:06 PM
    That would be me, I guess.

Unfortunately, I'm not totally sold so far.

The Good:
    - Voice recognition works quite well in general + using Wolfram Alpha to look up definitions is rather neat.
    - google <something>, what time is it and what's the weather like all work as expected.
    - The interface is simple, nice and smooth.

The Bad:
    - SayIt wants to access my Playbook's camera. Why is that?
    - wikipedia <something> always opens youtube <something> instead of Wikipedia.
    - The list of commands is very short. Am I missing something or is there really no way to open an arbitrary webpage by saying browser <url>?

The Ugly:
    - The processing time for commands is longer than firing up the browser and typing a search term. Well, at least in some cases.
    Hi,
    SayIt wants to access your PlayBook camera because in the future I want to add a command "Open Camera" or "Launch Camera"
    I'll correct the Wikipedia thing soon
    The command list is getting bigger over the update.
    The processing time depends on your internet connection speed. I'm here at Grand Millennium Shukumvit and the response time is less than 1.5s
    11-28-12 04:50 PM
    agree witb everything noted above.

Youtube command not workkng well an wikipedia command opens youtube.

Google + searcb request , works very good.

is it great....... no

is it fun...... yes

is it worth supporting for 4.99............ABSOLUTELY
    I will need your ideas make the command list bigger
    11-28-12 04:51 PM
    I like the commands noted on the website.

speech to text, open email etc. These would all be welcome additions.

Would be super cool if My location was set by gps and hotel, gas stations, atms, coffee houses. restaurants were located from this.

Great app, very serious potential. Thanks. I expect you will get lots of suggestions.

I just upgraded to 30mbps internet and I do find response time can be somewhat slow. Expect Bb10 would address this.

Once again, great work, looking forward to the full potential
    11-28-12 05:54 PM
    Here is a quick video review I did of the app.

11-28-12 06:22 PM
    Shame about the currency conversion! Costs $8 in the UK
    11-29-12 02:58 AM
    Video demo here:

11-29-12 03:37 AM
    Anyone try to ask SayIt : "Tell me a joke" , "I love you", "I hate you",....
    11-29-12 03:59 AM
    Looks very cool and has major potential, just purchased it! Thanks for the great app!
    11-29-12 06:35 AM
    Looks very cool and has major potential, just purchased it! Thanks for the great app!
    I've just returned from BlackBerry party at Jam Asia. Such an amazing night. Thanks you guys support me!
    I'll update the UI and make a huge update after Jam Asia
    Last edited by BachKhoa University; 11-29-12 at 10:17 AM.
    wafa510 likes this.
    11-29-12 09:52 AM
    I like the reviews im seeing so far is there a possibility to get tht app on a os6/os7 device?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-29-12 10:34 AM
    I like the reviews im seeing so far is there a possibility to get tht app on a os6/os7 device?

For BBOS 6, 7 download SayIt here: Buy SayIt - Download SayIt - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    11-29-12 10:54 AM
    How do I get in contact with this dev? This app doesn't work and I would like my money back.
    11-29-12 11:43 AM
    Agree with all the above.

Things i don't like only portrait mode on the playbook. The voice and pressing the button sound EXACTLY like Siri. Would change the default sounds because i am sure the suits at Apple would be all over it. Have some options for other voices.

Instead of pushing the button after saying a command, it should have code written into it to automatically send the command after X amount of time. (like a time out). Looking good though.
    Last edited by SparkyBC; 11-29-12 at 12:15 PM.
    11-29-12 12:04 PM
    I just bought it for 9800. It definitely has potential. im liking it already. Nice app^^.

PS when will u update the command list?

11-29-12 12:10 PM
    Going to download the app tonight and give it a run on my Playbook
    11-29-12 02:29 PM
    There seems to be an issue with it setting the permissions on the Playbook This is likely the problem for those people indicating that it doesn't work. After the install the permissions dialog came up and I accepted but I found that it didn't work for me. The app loads and I tap on the mic ask one of the listed questions and tap on the mic again but nothing happens. I then when to the Application Security settings and found that the app wasn't listed so I deleted it and re-installed. This time the permissions dialog did not come up, but again it is not showing in the Application Security listing. I tried a reboot with the same result.
    11-29-12 02:47 PM
    How do I get in contact with this dev? This app doesn't work and I would like my money back.
    His contact info is listed on the app world listing, and he seems responsive to this thread as well. If you really don't want to give him the chance to resolve issues you can ask blackberry for a refund at [email protected]
    11-29-12 04:47 PM
    His contact info is listed on the app world listing, and he seems responsive to this thread as well. If you really don't want to give him the chance to resolve issues you can ask blackberry for a refund at [email protected]
    Peeps like that should return their playbooks for a refund
    11-29-12 04:54 PM
    So nice app,,,, I liked this convo
    I love you
    How nice, Be sure that feelings are mutual.
    12-13-12 07:35 AM
    Will there be any more updates for this app. I, like many others who purchased it did so to help the developer out but are there any more updates on the way? I still consider the app still very much in its infancy or beta stage. When can we expect the next update? Please respond. Thanks.
    12-15-12 12:58 PM
    So really, it's been a week and no response from the developer. Did I just waste 5 bucks buying an app that is unfinished and will not continue to be supported. If so it'll be last time I go out on a limb for a new developer.
    12-21-12 08:17 AM
    01-10-13 06:49 AM
    I just bought this for my new Z10. Unlike a lot of people I like reading about how to use an app, not watch a youtube video. Is there a PDF how to document?
    02-06-13 09:32 AM
    I just bought this for my new Z10. Unlike a lot of people I like reading about how to use an app, not watch a youtube video. Is there a PDF how to document?
    How to use:
    • Tap record button then speak, tap again to stop recording. After stop recording, SayIt will answer your queries.
    • SayIt works via Wifi or Cellular network (3G/4G/H+)
    • You can view the Command List for more command
    List of supporting languages
    • * Voice to text:
    * * *English, French, Latin, Spanish, Italia, Portuguese, Dutch, Germany, Russian, Poland, Czech, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean,*
    * * *Indonesian
    • * Text to Voice:*
    * * *English, French, Latin, Spanish, Italia, Portuguese, Dutch, Germany, Russian, Hungary, Norwegian, Poland, Danish, Czech, Turkish, * * Chinese, Japanese, Korean.
    • * Translation
    * * *SayIt supports translate from English to : French, Latin, Spanish, Italia, Portuguese, Dutch, Germany, Russian, Sweden, Hungary, * * *Norwegian, Poland, Greek, Vietnamese, Chinese, Thailand, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, Phlippines
    02-06-13 10:11 AM
56 123