07-21-14 06:05 PM
33 12
tools
    Long time ago that I deleted it....

BBM channel: C0040FF4D..... Proudly Z10 owner...
    06-04-14 06:40 PM
    Let's start a class-action lawsuit for the money we all spent

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 12:03 AM
    Not worth it. But BlackBerry world should blacklist the developer, or solicit an explanation on our behalf

Send from my Q10 in Duracell Mode
    06-05-14 11:47 AM
    For what it's worth I bought this app mainly becuse of the glowing reviews on BBW. Once I bought and installed it I could just never wrap my head around what purpose does it serve.
    I still have it but never use it.
    My opinion is that all reviews in BBW are BS and bogus, Not to be trusted.
    Everytime I have left a less than stellar review for an app on BBW it mysteriously disappears.
    I am convinced the bigger problem is with BBW. This developer is just one example.
    I do not buy apps anymore because I DO NOT trust BBW.
    06-05-14 05:03 PM
    You have to be kidding...

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 10:07 PM
    So it appears the Sayit app has been pulled from BlackBerry world and the Sayit website is shut down.

Posted via CB10
    I private messaged an administrator on the Blackberry Support forums a short while back about the problems with SayIt since March and the total disappearance of the developer. He replied that he had emailed the dev with a demand to respond within one business day else the app would be removed from BB World. I can only assume no response was received.

I suspect what happened here is that the revenues generated by sales of SayIt did not cover the expense of running the backend server to support it. Most users might not realize it but the actual speech recognition for apps like this is not done on the handset, which doesn't have the horsepower to do it quickly enough. Instead, the recorded speech is sent to a server on the Internet which does the analysis and returns the result to the app. Google Search's voice control works this way too. Running a backend server like that costs money every month, even if the app is not generating new revenues. I'm thinking the dev didn't think out the economics of his idea before launching it.

There is no excuse for just abandoning users without an explanation though.
    anand_ma likes this.
    07-17-14 11:40 AM
    Makes total sense.

I'm hoping the new 'Assistant' app that is coming with 10.3 will provide the same functionality, but without the risk of it disappearing. I was actually at a party showing off my BlackBerry to some iPhone users when I discovered that Sayit wasn't functional any more. Talk about egg on your face....

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 05:41 PM
    I was actually at a party showing off my BlackBerry to some iPhone users when I discovered that Sayit wasn't functional any more. Talk about egg on your face....
    Yep, earlier this year I gave my original black Z10 to my daughter because I earned a red limited edition developer one, and I was showing her all my fave apps to put on it. I told her SayIt was pretty good and getting better all the time... "here, look... oops!"

Embarassing.

As for the new BB 10.3 voice assistant feature, I figure that may also be another reason SayIt was abandoned. Nobody is going to buy an app that duplicates a feature built in to the OS. Probably the dev just saw the writing on the wall.
    07-21-14 06:05 PM
33 12