So i'm using APKMirror for most of my downloads but in some cases they don't have the files I'm looking for.
    Both evozi.com and APKPure offer direct APK downloaders so I was wondering if people consider either one safe?

I thought APKPure was safe but then I read the first reviews here which indicate otherwise:
    https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/apkpure.com

Thanks!
    03-05-19 03:40 PM
    So i'm using APKMirror for most of my downloads but in some cases they don't have the files I'm looking for.
    Both evozi.com and APKPure offer direct APK downloaders so I was wondering if people consider either one safe?

I thought APKPure was safe but then I read the first reviews here which indicate otherwise:

Thanks!
    Evozi doesn't always access the correct variant for the device.

For BB10, we are looking for arm7, Android 4.3 or lower, 480dpi for Passport, and 320dpi for all others.

This is another reason why apkmirror stands above all others. It is all laid out in black and white.
    03-05-19 03:53 PM

Thanks!
    APKPure is entirely safe forever. I use that one and have never had issues.

I've not used Evozi but their apps claim to come direct from Google Play...which would make them as safe as anything else, if less compatible with BB10.
    03-05-19 05:47 PM
    I'm still a bit worried about APKPure after reading this review:
    "Do not go near this site! They basically steal APKs, pack them with malware, viruses, trojans and all sorts of other nasties (including remote camera operating malware) and bundle it for the general public."

But, I did a test downloading firefox direct from mozilla and then downloading it from APKPure, and did a md5 check. The file size was the same and the Md5 hash was the same.

Then I also ran a malware scan with VirusTotal - and it came back clean.
    So do you think it's safe to assume APKPure is OK to use from that?
    03-06-19 10:19 PM
    I'm still a bit worried about APKPure after reading this review:
    "Do not go near this site! They basically steal APKs, pack them with malware, viruses, trojans and all sorts of other nasties (including remote camera operating malware) and bundle it for the general public."

But, I did a test downloading firefox direct from mozilla and then downloading it from APKPure, and did a md5 check. The file size was the same and the Md5 hash was the same.

Then I also ran a malware scan with VirusTotal - and it came back clean.
    So do you think it's safe to assume APKPure is OK to use from that?
    At least both APKPure and APKMirror actually HAVE policies and procedures in place to verify the apps are genuine.

I just trust the folks at Android Police (APKMirror) more, as they've been touting security for a long time, and it's part of their DNA.
    03-06-19 10:28 PM
    Probably the dumb question, still wil ask. Typically I install non fdroid apps via Yalp or Aurora, and as anonymus seems to down it is APKmirror nowadays.

Updating them via APKpure has no risk as dodgy files would have a different signature hence would refuse to install?
    12-01-19 01:56 PM