I tried to run Pokerstars app on my Q10 and i got a message telling me that 720x720 is not enough to run this specific app.

So i'm wondering, there's any way to change the app resolution to 720x480 in order to get it work?

I've found this:
    Code:
    Its just like changing resolution of a PC game. ;) 

Now Tools you need..... 

Latest version of JDK (Java Development Kit) (Search Google) 

Apk Manager. (Search Google) 

Now extract Apk Manager. Folder will be created (Apk_Manager_5.0) 

Now In that folder you can see (place-apk-here-for-modding) 

Put the apk you want to port in that. Now open Script.bat. 

You will get messege ADB was not found ( Maybe). Press enter... x) 

Type 22 and press enter for selecting your project. Now select which project you want to work by typing its number and enter. 

OK now type 9 (Decompile apk) and press enter. It will take some time. 

Now When work is done minize apk manager. 

Example you are porting N.O.V.A (So your project is ready in folder (Apk-Manager-5.0 \ projects \ and NOVA.apk) 

Go to Apk-Manager-5.0 \ projects \ and NOVA.apk \ Smali \ com \ gameloft \ android keep opening till you reach some txt files. 

Now find Gamerenderer.smali or NOVArenderer.smali 

Now scroll down deep and find (getWidth()I and getHeight()I) 

Now First lets do work on Width (There is a line after Landroid/view/Display;->getWidth()I) 

Something like const/4 v1, 0x1 , Change this to const/4 v1, 0x320 (Just change 0x1 to 0x320) 

Now lets work on Height (There is a line after Landroid/view/Display;->getHeight()I) 

Something like const/2 v2, 0x1 , Change this to const/2 v2, 0x1E0 (Just Change 0x1 to 0x1E0) 

Save it. 

Now open the Apk Manager Window you minimized. Type 11 and press enter to compile apk. 

Now an apk will be created in project folder. Move it to (place-apk-here-for-signing) folder. 

Type 12 and press entre to Sign Apk. 

There is no need to change cache. 

Voilaaaa....... 

I read somewhere that we need to resize all the UI images to our resolution and recompile the APK.

Someone already did something like this?
    Last edited by joao_malveiro; 12-19-13 at 09:43 AM.
    12-18-13 01:33 PM
    Nope, not possible.
    12-18-13 03:38 PM
    no offence, but i really think this can be done. I've already extracted the apk and there's a lot of stuff we can change in xml files.

Just need someone to point a direction.

Here is the extracted apk file: pokerstars.apk
    Last edited by joao_malveiro; 12-19-13 at 06:32 AM.
    12-19-13 06:08 AM
    I can't compile and sign the app when i add this line to AndroidManifest.xml >> android:largestWidthLimitDp="320"

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <manifest android:versionCode="345" android:versionName="1.18.0.345" android:installLocation="auto" package="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.com"
      xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
        <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4" android:targetSdkVersion="18" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" />
        <uses-permission android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE" />
        <permission android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.com.permission.C2D_MESSAGE" android:protectionLevel="signature" />
        <uses-permission android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.com.permission.C2D_MESSAGE" />
        <supports-screens android:anyDensity="true" android:smallScreens="true" android:normalScreens="true" android:largeScreens="true" android:largestWidthLimitDp="320" />
        <compatible-screens>
            <screen android:screenSize="small" android:screenDensity="ldpi" />
            <screen android:screenSize="small" android:screenDensity="mdpi" />
            <screen android:screenSize="small" android:screenDensity="hdpi" />
            <screen android:screenSize="small" android:screenDensity="xhdpi" />
            <screen android:screenSize="small" android:screenDensity="213" />
            <screen android:screenSize="small" android:screenDensity="480" />
            <screen android:screenSize="normal" android:screenDensity="ldpi" />
            <screen android:screenSize="normal" android:screenDensity="mdpi" />
            <screen android:screenSize="normal" android:screenDensity="hdpi" />
            <screen android:screenSize="normal" android:screenDensity="xhdpi" />
            <screen android:screenSize="normal" android:screenDensity="213" />
            <screen android:screenSize="normal" android:screenDensity="480" />
            <screen android:screenSize="large" android:screenDensity="ldpi" />
            <screen android:screenSize="large" android:screenDensity="mdpi" />
            <screen android:screenSize="large" android:screenDensity="hdpi" />
            <screen android:screenSize="large" android:screenDensity="xhdpi" />
            <screen android:screenSize="large" android:screenDensity="213" />
            <screen android:screenSize="large" android:screenDensity="480" />
        </compatible-screens>
        <application android:theme="@style/AppTheme" android:label="PokerStars COM" android:icon="@drawable/application_icon" android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.PokerStarsApp"
    	 android:debuggable="false" android:hardwareAccelerated="true" android:largeHeap="true">
            <activity android:theme="@style/HomeTheme" android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.home.HomeActivity" android:stateNotNeeded="true" android:launchMode="singleInstance"
    	    android:windowSoftInputMode="stateAlwaysHidden|adjustPan" android:logo="@drawable/logo_icon">
                <intent-filter>
                    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
                </intent-filter>
                <intent-filter>
                    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
                </intent-filter>
                <intent-filter>
                    <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
                    <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
                    <category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE" />
                    <data android:scheme="pokerstars" />
                </intent-filter>
            </activity>
            <activity android:theme="@style/StartTheme" android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.home.StartActivity" android:stateNotNeeded="true" android:launchMode="singleInstance"
    	    android:configChanges="orientation" android:windowSoftInputMode="stateAlwaysHidden|adjustPan" android:noHistory="true" android:logo="@drawable/logo_icon" />
            <activity android:theme="@style/ActivityTheme" android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.home.SettingsActivity" android:launchMode="singleInstance"
    	    android:windowSoftInputMode="stateAlwaysHidden|adjustPan" android:logo="@drawable/logo_icon" />
            <activity android:theme="@style/ActivityTheme" android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.lobby.LobbyActivity" android:stateNotNeeded="true" android:launchMode="singleInstance"
    	    android:windowSoftInputMode="stateAlwaysHidden|adjustPan" android:logo="@drawable/logo_icon" />
            <activity android:theme="@style/ActivityTheme" android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.browse.BrowseActivity" android:stateNotNeeded="true" android:launchMode="singleInstance"
            <activity android:theme="@style/ActivityTheme" android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.browse.ResultsActivity" android:stateNotNeeded="true" android:launchMode="singleInstance"
            <activity android:theme="@style/ActivityTheme" android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.browse.SearchActivity" android:stateNotNeeded="true" android:launchMode="singleInstance"
            <activity android:theme="@style/RoomTheme" android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.room.RoomActivity" android:stateNotNeeded="true" android:launchMode="singleInstance"
    	    android:configChanges="keyboardHidden" android:windowSoftInputMode="stateAlwaysHidden|adjustPan" android:logo="@drawable/logo_icon" />
            <activity android:theme="@style/ActivityTheme" android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.home.CashierActivity" android:stateNotNeeded="true" android:launchMode="singleInstance"
            <activity android:theme="@style/ActivityTheme" android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.home.FreemiumActivity" android:stateNotNeeded="true" android:launchMode="singleInstance"
            <activity android:theme="@style/ActivityTheme" android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.lobby.TournamentActivity" android:windowSoftInputMode="stateAlwaysHidden|adjustPan"
    	    android:logo="@drawable/logo_icon" />
            <activity android:theme="@style/ActivityTheme" android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.home.WebActivity" android:stateNotNeeded="true"
    	    android:windowSoftInputMode="stateAlwaysHidden|adjustPan" android:noHistory="true" android:logo="@drawable/logo_icon" />
            <activity android:theme="@style/ActivityTheme" android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.home.VideoActivity" android:stateNotNeeded="true"
    	    android:windowSoftInputMode="stateAlwaysHidden|adjustPan" android:noHistory="true" android:logo="@drawable/logo_icon" />
            <activity android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.LauncherActivity" android:stateNotNeeded="true" android:logo="@drawable/logo_icon" />
            <service android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.NotificationService" />
            <receiver android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.GCMBroadcastReceiver" android:permission="com.google.android.c2dm.permission.SEND">
                <intent-filter>
                    <action android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.intent.RECEIVE" />
                    <action android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.intent.REGISTRATION" />
                    <category android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.com" />
                </intent-filter>
            </receiver>
            <service android:name="com.pyrsoftware.pokerstars.GCMIntentService" />
        </application>
    </manifest>
    I want do do this in order to get the app to work with smaller screen resolutions
    Last edited by joao_malveiro; 12-20-13 at 09:50 AM.
    12-19-13 09:31 AM
    So.. I managed to bypass the resolution issue and this is what i got the first time i opened the installed application:
    Run Pokerstars APK on Q10-pokerstars1.png

when the progress bar reaches its end the app is closed, can someone tell me how to check the log so i can try to identify what is causing this?
    12-20-13 09:42 AM
    dont u think that new OS 10.2. will help ? u know, instal apps from Google ?
    01-15-14 09:25 AM
    i'm on 10.2.1.1925 still no success
    01-15-14 10:57 AM
    The PokerStars app is working now
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=944068

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 07:01 PM