I am opening this forum for debate and discussion.

An open letter was sent to the BBC mobile apps team this morning:

''Hi,

I would like to receive some correspondence regarding support for BlackBerry 10. My personal devices currently consists of a Blackberry Passport and BlackBerry Z10 and I have been waiting for a service from the BBC that includes breaking news alerts.

The current applications in BlackBerry World for BBC services have been developed by third party sources and they only offer a shortcut to the Web browser. This feels like everyone on the BlackBerry 10 platform has been let down.

Now you must have heard of the ability to perform android apps on the BlackBerry 10. It was even covered by Rory Cellan Jones when he was reporting on the deal with Amazon but there are ways to get apps from Google Play which is why I can contact you on my BlackBerry Passport right now through your BBC News android app.

The BBC News android app is remarkable on my Passport. I have no problems with opening and reading articles or watching news videos. However because it's not officially supported breaking news alerts do not work. Possibly because the notification system you are using is not finding a way how to push these alerts. I would really like an answer to see if you can at the very minimum consider talking about adapting your android applications to work smoothly and be available by the BlackBerry World market.‎''

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 12:17 AM
    All UK device owners are welcome to join in. I have notified the BBC of this discussion so our thoughts will be heard. After all any UK BlackBerry owner is also a licence fee payer and deserve the same benefits other payers from different platforms currently have.

This just does not just include BBC iPlayer - currently the only service that have equal benefits over all platforms. The request also includes all the other services like iPlayer Radio, News, Sport and Weather alerts.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 12:28 AM
    No one interested? Seriously?? Business minded people don't follow news???

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 03:36 PM
    01-09-15 10:04 PM
    Would love to have full featured apps from BBC but the BBC hate BlackBerry so no chance of them releasing the apps. The BBC takes any chance it can to knock BlackBerry always looking for the negative instead of the positives. Most times its how Apple are so great but now this type of reporting has spilled over in to the full news. BBC used to be a great media service but their so called 'balanced' news is nothing of the sort. I now use their services less and get my news from number of sites including ones from abroad. I now rate the BBC as well as Fox News and that outlet is a joke as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 01:04 AM
    Would love to have full featured apps from BBC but the BBC hate BlackBerry so no chance of them releasing the apps. The BBC takes any chance it can to knock BlackBerry always looking for the negative instead of the positives. Most times its how Apple are so great but now this type of reporting has spilled over in to the full news. BBC used to be a great media service but their so called 'balanced' news is nothing of the sort. I now use their services less and get my news from number of sites including ones from abroad. I now rate the BBC as well as Fox News and that outlet is a joke as well.

Posted via CB10
    LOL... BBC doesn't "hate" BlackBerry.
    01-10-15 01:38 AM
    The BBC don't hate BlackBerry or any other platform

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 03:21 AM
    Yes it would be nice, and would probably mean I use their services more, but they need to sort out their buffering issues

Check Out TechCraze
    01-10-15 03:50 AM
    Thanks, here is a step by step guide how to setup this for BlackBerry10 and BBC News:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11246068

Not directly a BBC news app, but at least you get pushed the news you're interested in directly to the device and are able to manage all stuff easily, delete the stuff you're not interested in or even forward what you wan't to read to the Desktop, the App ReadItNow or a Android Tablet...
    01-10-15 10:31 AM
    It appears they ARE supporting us but via Amazon.

As long as it's come direct from BBC we should be happy.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30894674

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 06:44 AM
    Well depends if you want to refer BlackBerry devices as Amazon devices. To me Amazon is officially supporting the ecosystem so we should have a say for any queries. If this is the way BlackBerry productivity is going then so be it. Let BlackBerry work on the hardware, the software and the communication (BBM) and Amazon do the apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 06:47 AM