I'd be interested in hearing how some of you are finding the remember feature; has it been useful? awesome? meh?

Thanks
    05-19-13 09:49 PM
    Decidedly Meh.

It has the potential to be a great app, but it is not there, yet.

Posted via CB10
    revtech and Knightcrawler like this.
    05-19-13 09:56 PM
    I only use it for notes, but with the Evernote integration, I love it. I've used Evernote for years so I am quite happy with it.

I haven't even begun to really dig into the app, but for the things I use it for it does an outstanding job.

Posted via CB10
    revtech likes this.
    05-19-13 09:58 PM
    Used it to keep on my info in one spot for the BlackBerry Live event, I also use a lot for grocery shopping. And for apps or games in BlackBerry World that I plan to get in the future.

Posted via CB10
    revtech likes this.
    05-19-13 10:00 PM
    Remember feature is good. The big issue that I have with it is when I use it to flag an email for follow up.

When I receive an email that I want to follow up on, I select the email then select the flag feature. The email then goes into the remember feature.

I then have to go out of the email and into the remember feature, find the flagged email...select it then I can select the follow up options.

OS 6 on my torch would let me select follow up right from the email.

This is counter productive when the BB10 is built on the flow platform. No in and out of apps.

Posted via CB10
    revtech likes this.
    05-19-13 10:01 PM
    I use this for ball my notes too.. really great app.. especially with 10.1 which gives you he ability to edit the font formatting a little. Really amazing note taking app.

My only gripe with it is that it is lacking the option to share the notes through email, Facebook etc..

Posted via CB10
    revtech likes this.
    05-20-13 12:19 AM
    I use it for remembering exits to take on my way into the city -- a quick recall of a note with an exit number is infinitely faster than pulling up an entire map every time just for one exit number. It works perfect for that, so I have no problems.
    revtech likes this.
    05-20-13 12:33 AM
    I really like it. I use it for personal lists:

-people (folders for my GF and my Mom so I don't forget to do things they've asked )

-shopping lists (separate folder for each store; I just add to it whenever I think of stuff I need, then look at it in the store)

-recipes (I use allrecipes.com and other sites and I just 'share' the web page into the 'Recipes' folder in Remember, then pull up the recipe in the kitchen)

-web pages I want to read later (I just 'share' the web page into the 'TO READ' folder in Remember)

What makes it useful for personal tasks in my opinion, is the ability to easily push stuff into Remember using the 'share' button from other apps. But all my business/work task lists are in Outlook, and until the two-way sync with Outlook is available, I don't see them being on my Z10, unfortunately.
    revtech likes this.
    05-20-13 01:36 AM
    I'd like to see more integration with the calendar app or perhaps combine the two.
    I'm so used to using calendar to set reminders that it seems too much trouble to use Reminder.

How about a Remember check box in the calendar add event page and also show the Remember entries in the calendar.

Sent via CB10 and Z10.
    05-20-13 01:48 AM
    I find it useful for flagging emails and keeping track of websites. Having had to reload my OS on my Z10 (part of troubleshooting an issue which turned out to be with my carrier and not the phone) I discovered that stuff in Remember seems to be tied with your BlackBerry ID. Therefore if you switch devices the information should stay with you.

Posted via CB10
    revtech likes this.
    05-20-13 04:01 AM
    Once you actually use it it's not to bad.

Posted via CB10
    revtech likes this.
    05-20-13 04:10 AM
    Is good, but no alarm to remind users

Posted via CB10
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    05-20-13 09:37 AM
    It's not quite there as a fully feature task list but in find it usual to support your tasks or projects (making list, stored emails, files, etc) in one place.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:02 AM
    Is good, but no alarm to remind users

Posted via CB10
    I think there is an alarm that goes off at 9am by default..

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 06:37 PM