Good day all.

Z30 owner onto my 2nd week coming from a Bold 9900.

I have used the remember app to tidy up all my memos that I had on my old device. It's now all neat and I to folders. I use remember quite a bit more. Everything is all neat and in folders.

I'm not much of a techie but I was reading about evernote and think I want to give it a go. (really had never heard of it before until I got this device)

Does anyone here prefer one to the other???

Also is there a way to pull all of my Blackberry remember folders into evernote? I haven't created my evernote account yet. But the whole access from pc thing is something I might like and use.

I appreciate all feedback and commentary. Thanks.

Essentially looking for feedback and integration comments between the two apps from people using it.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    02-17-14 12:10 PM
    you can move notes & folders very easily within the Remember app. you can also have your Evernote "notebooks" sync'd inside your Remember App. I tend to use both, Evernote for recording ongoing things (like mileage for work) and Remember for small notes, that eventually i could move into an Evernote notebook from the same app. So in essence it can be the same app, but some people prefer Remember's interface to Evernote's. I prefer Evernote's UI but still use both. Evernote Beta 4 is available in the BB Beta Zone, which was made an actual app for BB10 :-) hope this helps.
    drfever likes this.
    02-17-14 12:24 PM
    Used Remember briefly, but I switched to Evernote. It's available on most devices and online, easy to compose notes, add pictures to notes and ability to create notebooks. I use Evernote solely for personal and work. Definitely a great app! Definitely worth it just for the syncing factor between devices!

Posted via CB10
    drfever likes this.
    02-17-14 12:44 PM
    Thanks for the great replies so far. Much appreciated

02-17-14 12:51 PM
    Just remember you can not refile and move notes create in Remember over to Evernote folders. Just like in the calendar app, if you create an appointment with your local calendar you can not move it over to sync with an online service.

Need some POW? Follow POW on BBM channels C004634C3 and find all the big snow spots.
    02-17-14 12:52 PM
    Just me:

Would it be prudent to stick with one v the other? Don't want to congest my device with all these notes

02-17-14 01:15 PM
    Nope. I use both, I like to sync some notes and don't care about others. Just remember you are going to have to copy and paste notes to move it over to Evernote, you can not refile. You can sync notes with other services as well, Windows Live also works. Remeber works as a note aggregator, it is one place where you can see Evernote, Windows Live and local notes.

Need some POW? Follow POW on BBM channels C004634C3 and find all the big snow spots.
    02-17-14 02:05 PM
    Just remember you can not refile and move notes create in Remember over to Evernote folders.
    thanks for clarifying this, i don't know if i did on my original post. what i wanted to say was you can create an Evernote file/notebook within the Remember app, but if you create just a simple note/task in Remember it cannot be moved (to Evernote). However you can just copy whatever you have and paste/create an Evernote note. I really like the Evernote Beta 4 app so i've been using that a lot more. I also like that I can just e-mail a note/file/picture to my dedicated Evernote address and it will post it in the app for me. I love that.
    02-17-14 02:06 PM
    Can I copy and past complete folders from remember into evernote? I have multiple categorized folders in Remember or does each note within the folder need to be copied and pasted?

How does the sync feature actually work then?

Thanks again to all that take the time to rely. It is much appreciated.

02-17-14 02:10 PM
    Just tried to copy a folder in remember. Can't be done. Looks like I'm going to have to do it the long way and do each entry within each folder manually. Is there an import feature in Evernote that I'm not seeing (missing) ?

02-17-14 02:13 PM
    Just tried to copy a folder in remember. Can't be done. Looks like I'm going to have to do it the long way and do each entry within each folder manually. Is there an import feature in Evernote that I'm not seeing (missing) ?

it'd be nice to have an extraction tool for the Remember app that can spit out say an .xml or .txt file with your note so you can just copy/paste that way. if you do have (and make) a lot of notes, i suggest to stick with just using Evernote. However, if you do like the Remember app UI better, just remember when you create something to make it an Evernote entry. You will see all your notebooks (in green) from your Evernote account within your Remember app.
    drfever likes this.
    02-17-14 02:37 PM
    Can I copy and past complete folders from remember into evernote? I have multiple categorized folders in Remember or does each note within the folder need to be copied and pasted?

How does the sync feature actually work then?

Thanks again to all that take the time to rely. It is much appreciated.

First, I'm assuming that you've created an Evernote account.

Second, did you set up Evernote to sync with Remember? (Settings, Accounts, Add Account, Evernote)

When you do this, they sync automatically.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 04:02 PM
    I find it annoying that neither Remember nor Evernote can be used to make a To Do List which allows an item to have a reminder date/Time attached to it with an alarm. There are many things from making a tel call to someone to remembering to meet a train which could do with an alarm which would ring. Anyone any ideas or solutions?
    02-17-14 05:17 PM
    First, I'm assuming that you've created an Evernote account.

Second, did you set up Evernote to sync with Remember? (Settings, Accounts, Add Account, Evernote)

When you do this, they sync automatically.

Posted via CB10
    Got it

So to be clear, notes created in Evernote will be visible in remember. Notes created in remember won't show in Evernote. Am I right?

Any way other than copying and pasting every note in remember to get all my remember folders and their contents into evernote?

Thanks again. I'm slowly getting this.

02-17-14 05:18 PM
    Got it

So to be clear, notes created in Evernote will be visible in remember. Notes created in remember won't show in Evernote. Am I right?

Any way other than copying and pasting every note in remember to get all my remember folders and their contents into evernote?

Thanks again. I'm slowly getting this.

Almost correct. Notes created in a local folder in remember won't show in Evernote. If you want to create an Evernote note in remeber you can do it, you just need to select that option before creating the note.

drfever likes this.
    02-17-14 07:14 PM
    Just me.....

Thanks for all your help.

I've searched but can't find a way to create an evernote entry in remember. Where would I find it? Much thanks. You've been great so far.

02-17-14 07:49 PM
    Once your Evernote account is linked you will see your folders and be able to create new ones.
    Remember and Evernote questions-img_20140217_201347.png

drfever and extisis like this.
    02-17-14 10:14 PM
    Just me...

But that's done in Evernote right? That image looks like the Evernote ui. I can't find that in Remember. My account is linked because I see my evernote entries in remember but I can't make a note in remember and have it available in Evernote correct? It has to be made in Evernote am I right?

02-17-14 10:56 PM
    Oh I got it... in remember I select the notebook I created in Evernote and it appears in the Evernote notebook (folder)

All good now

Thank you so much

extisis likes this.
    02-17-14 11:03 PM
    ...I tend to use both, Evernote for recording ongoing things (like mileage for work)
    Extisis,
    What do you use for the mileage recording? Is there an excel template or something? I've been looking for a mileage tracking app since coming to BB10 and have not seen a decent one (I used Exgis mileage tracker on my old Bold). Thanks for any input.

Posted via CB10--Z30 in route
    02-18-14 06:31 AM
    Extisis,
    What do you use for the mileage recording? Is there an excel template or something? I've been looking for a mileage tracking app since coming to BB10 and have not seen a decent one (I used Exgis mileage tracker on my old Bold). Thanks for any input.

Posted via CB10--Z30 in route
    it's funny that you mention it because no, Evernote does not have those capabilities (as far as i know) and i just really input the numbers as i get to them daily and add the totals for each month. I've been wanting to make an excel sheet with the math equations already in there all i gotta do is add the mileage for the day of the month. And with that shortcut app on BB10, i can make a shortcut of the .xml file on my homepage of apps and keep updating it that way. I only started recording mileage this year. Other than that, I don't know of an app that records mileage specifically but I'll be checking for it. But this .xml file with equations would probably be the best bet, unless there's an app that does it super well. If you want a .xml like this let me know and I can pass you my template.
    02-18-14 07:21 AM
    I created folder with entries in Evernote and I see them in Remember. When I edit the note on Remember I don't see the change in Evernote. Is this normal? I have synced the accounts. Can this be done?

02-18-14 02:46 PM
    Noelw even though accounts are synced I'm not seeing changes I make in Evernote when I open the folder in remember.

Any help?

02-18-14 03:46 PM
    Noelw even though accounts are synced I'm not seeing changes I make in Evernote when I open the folder in remember.

Any help?

which version of Evernote are you using?
    02-18-14 09:19 PM
    which version of Evernote are you using?

Version 5.2.1.394

I created the folders in Evernote. I see them in Remember. If I make a change to the note in Rember it won't update in Evernote.

02-18-14 10:44 PM
27 12