Every time I open reddit in motion, I have to wait from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. The app allows me to look around, but suddenly nothing is clickable, pictures don't load and it overall just stops.

After that it works again no problem. Why though? Can I fix it?

Q10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    03-05-14 07:34 AM
    Yup, happens to me too. I just make sure I keep the phone "awake" until everything is loaded, which as you said can take up to 5 minutes.
    03-05-14 07:44 AM
    It's a memory issue. That app, as good as it is, gets fatter and fatter over time. In the options there is a button to clear the cache but it doesn't help at all. The only thing that fixes it is deleting and reinstalling the app. At least the only thing you need to do after to set it up again is to sign in. It takes a month or so to start lagging again.
    nappp and Q10Bold like this.
    03-05-14 08:01 AM
    Reddit in Motion Long Startup-img_20140305_104013.png

sqn100-1 10.2.1.2141 | sta100-3 10.2.1.2141
    03-05-14 01:40 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140305_104013.png 
Views:	731 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	252988

sqn100-1 10.2.1.2141 | sta100-3 10.2.1.2141
    This does not help with the lag

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 02:18 PM
    Eddy_berry is right. The app has to be deleted and reinstalled. Thank goodness there isn't many setting to configure and it's a small sized app. I contacted the dev (not about this issue) and he said that is still developing the app but has been working on other projects. Contact him through the email in BlackBerry World. He does get back to you. I love this app also. Native Reddit app cannot be beat

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    03-05-14 02:30 PM
    But..if we uninstall the reddit in motion app, in order to re install, will all our favorite subreddits need to be added again?

Posted from my Q. The tuxedo of smartphones.
    03-05-14 05:23 PM
    But..if we uninstall the reddit in motion app, in order to re install, will all our favorite subreddits need to be added again?

Posted from my Q. The tuxedo of smartphones.
    Not at all my man. They are saved to your account. Only the settings of the app would need to be set. Ex. Night mode, links in browser, etc. Your reddit settings, saved threads, your selected subs, etc stay the same. Just log in with your same account

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    eddy_berry and OkieBloke like this.
    03-05-14 06:30 PM
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the informative reply, nappp!

Posted from my Q10. The tuxedo of smartphones.
    nappp likes this.
    03-05-14 08:07 PM
    Hey guys, I am the developer!

Honestly, I don't know what is causing the app to lag after prolonged use. I've been busy lately working on my other apps, but I plan to take serious look at this issue in the near future. Like others here have mentioned, the easiest way to fix this issue is to uninstall and reinstall the app, which is relatively painless albeit inconvenient.

I will try to keep you guys updated. At the moment I am in a bit of a crisis with my app SoundNine so I am giving it my full attention. Within a week or two though, I will begin working to solve this issue with Reddit in Motion. I hope you guys enjoy the app otherwise!

Thanks,
    TM
    Domisy Dev
    nappp, Deathcommand and eddy_berry like this.
    03-09-14 09:10 PM

Honestly, I don't know what is causing the app to lag after prolonged use. I've been busy lately working on my other apps, but I plan to take serious look at this issue in the near future. Like others here have mentioned, the easiest way to fix this issue is to uninstall and reinstall the app, which is relatively painless albeit inconvenient.

I will try to keep you guys updated. At the moment I am in a bit of a crisis with my app SoundNine so I am giving it my full attention. Within a week or two though, I will begin working to solve this issue with Reddit in Motion. I hope you guys enjoy the app otherwise!

Thanks,
    TM
    Domisy Dev
    I love you.
    <3

Q10
    flaminSaganaki likes this.
    03-09-14 10:41 PM
    I hope no one minds if we use this thread to submit requests for new features. The ability to read all of a user's posts would be amazing

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    03-23-14 12:09 AM

Thanks,
    TM
    Domisy Dev
    Its one of my main personal usage apps
    Thanks. Great work

Posted via BlackBerry Q10Bold
    03-23-14 02:46 PM

Thanks,
    TM
    Domisy Dev
    Love this app. Thank you. I think perhaps making sure cache gets cleared automatically after closing the app? I don't know. It's only after a few months that the startup lag starts to get noticeable. Upon fresh install it loads posts in a split second. After a week of use it is a few seconds. After a month it is a more noticeable 10-15 seconds of loading before you can actually use the app.
    03-23-14 04:51 PM