Recycle Bin for BlackBerry 10
    your files when you need them...

A native BlackBerry 10 application that serves as a recycle bin / file vault. It also allows you to recycle and protect files on your device or memory card
    * when you don't need them or
    * when you want to get rid of them and you don't really want to delete them or
    * when you want to hide and protected them from unauthorized access.

Features:
    - You send any file to the Recycle Bin app through the 'Share' menu option in other apps
    - You can send single or multiple files at a time
    - You can restore one or all your recycled files to their original location through the Recycle Bin app
    - Application is password protected

Price: $1.99

http://http://appworld.blackberry.co...tent/28976891/

More features coming...

Comments and suggestions are welcome...
    Last edited by tonyblaze; 07-31-13 at 02:24 AM.
    Workingmen likes this.
    06-03-13 12:20 PM
    great idea, hopefully there are people in need of this application.
    tonyblaze likes this.
    06-03-13 12:29 PM
    This may be the best "hide files" application. Might want to market it as that even more! Good job!

Posted via CB10
    tonyblaze likes this.
    06-03-13 06:25 PM
    Is there a way to move an entire folder to the recycle bin? Second question how about a folder that contains subfolders?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 08:11 PM
    Is there a way to move an entire folder to the recycle bin? Second question how about a folder that contains subfolders?

Posted via CB10
    I would be interested in the answer to this as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 12:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Currently, the app supports moving single or multiple files at a time as allowed by the BB10 framework.

Recycling and restoring of entire folders with sub folders will be added in the next update.

Thanks.
    06-05-13 07:21 AM
    Currently, the app supports moving single or multiple files at a time as allowed by the BB10 framework.

Recycling and restoring of entire folders with sub folders will be added in the next update.

Thanks.
    Thank you for the quick response and the app. I thought it might be a BlackBerry 10 OS issue when share was grayed out when a folder was selected. Waiting for your update. With a 64 GB card, I keep a lot of sometimes used documents and really like the idea of them not being synced or showing up in docs to go.

Posted via CB10
    tonyblaze likes this.
    06-05-13 08:04 AM
    Version 1.0.2 of Recycle Bin for BlackBerry 10 has been submitted to BlackBerry World for approval...

More exciting features coming your way!!!

07-19-13 11:06 AM
    Recycle Bin for BlackBerry 10 version 1.0.2 is now available on BlackBerry World!
    BlackBerry World - Recycle Bin for BlackBerry 10

New features include:
    * Recycle files and/or folders from within the app
    * Restore files and/or folders from within the app
    * Delete files and/or folders from within the app
    * Recycle single or multiple files using the invocation framework
    * Separate files and folder views
    * Fast thumbnails for picture files
    * Password recovery options (forgot password & security question and answer)
    * Choice of vault location (don't care, device, memory card)
    * Options for prompt before overwriting files on restoring
    * Option for disabling password
    * Option for logout timeout
    * Improved UI for Z10, Q10, and Q5
    * More settings
    07-22-13 07:41 AM
    New screenshots!!!

07-25-13 04:04 AM
    Hi, this is not related to your app. But I see you are quite a dedicated BB10 dev. And all your apps are native cascades apps right? May I ask if you could consider making an app to back up local calendar entries? I don't use any online service like outlook or gmail for this. I only use the BlackBerry calendar. Without proper BlackBerry Protect functions, I can't back up my calendar entries. I use the evernote integration in remember for my notes and intouchapp for my contacts but I don't have a solution for calendar entries. So is this a silly idea?
    tonyblaze likes this.
    07-25-13 10:31 AM
    Hi, this is not related to your app. But I see you are quite a dedicated BB10 dev. And all your apps are native cascades apps right? May I ask if you could consider making an app to back up local calendar entries? I don't use any online service like outlook or gmail for this. I only use the BlackBerry calendar. Without proper BlackBerry Protect functions, I can't back up my calendar entries. I use the evernote integration in remember for my notes and intouchapp for my contacts but I don't have a solution for calendar entries. So is this a silly idea?
    Its actually a great idea, i'll be considering integrating the feature in my existing apps Recycle Bin, or Listy or making a separate app depending on how it pans out.
    07-26-13 02:05 AM
    Good to hear. Hopefully it's a separate app. Thanks for considering it

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 09:38 AM
    Version 1.0.3 of Recycle Bin for BlackBerry 10 is now available on BlackBerry World...

new features include:
    bug fixes and minor improvements... etc
    Last edited by tonyblaze; 09-09-13 at 01:51 AM.
    09-09-13 01:35 AM
    If this is storing files on the SD card is it just renaming the files to hide them?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 06:43 AM
    If this is storing files on the SD card is it just renaming the files to hide them?

Posted via CB10
    the files are first renamed, compressed, encrypted with a password and then moved to the vault location.
    09-09-13 09:24 AM
    the files are first renamed, compressed, encrypted with a password and then moved to the vault location.
    So if I transferred the files to my pc and opened them with a photo application if I knew they were originally a jpg file would this fail?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 11:42 AM
    So if I transferred the files to my pc and opened them with a photo application if I knew they were originally a jpg file would this fail?

Posted via CB10
    yes, it will fail
    09-09-13 03:13 PM
    Interesting, as I mainly want to use this app to keep photos of my kids safe.

Posted via CB10
    tonyblaze likes this.
    09-10-13 01:48 AM
    Hide your files with easy...

check out the new Recycle Bin for BlackBerry 10 version 1.0.4 now available on BlackBerry World

09-18-13 10:20 AM
    Hide your files with easy...

check out the new Recycle Bin for BlackBerry 10 version 1.0.4 now available on BlackBerry World

Thanks, what changes have been made?
    09-18-13 11:35 AM
    Thanks, what changes have been made?
    some bug fixes and minor improvements...
    09-19-13 03:07 AM
    Would it be possible to allow folder creation within recycle bin and to be able to add multiple files to those folders at once?

Also would it be possible to play videos and photos from within the app?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:36 AM
    Would it be possible to allow folder creation within recycle bin and to be able to add multiple files to those folders at once?

Also would it be possible to play videos and photos from within the app?

Posted via CB10
    I'll add folder creation and option to add files in the next update.

instant preview for videos, photos and other documents are also in the pipeline.
    bobo616 likes this.
    09-23-13 03:52 AM
    I'll add folder creation and option to add files in the next update.

instant preview for videos, photos and other documents are also in the pipeline.
    Great news, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 04:11 AM
33 12