Hello Crackberry users! I have been following this site from the shadows for quite some time now, always finding useful info and nice people sharing their experiences and ideas. Now it has come to this... desperation... that's why I've decided to come out of the shadows and join the forum.

Here is my conundrum : Got separated and now I need to take care of myself like a grown and idependent individual. I find going to the grocery store daunting and scary... I tend to walk up and down the aisles like a zombie, dragging a basket, looking around for something to eat. I always end up with a couple of donuts, lemonade, a box of hot pockets and a cheesy movie from redbox.

In a perfect world I would love to have an app that I can type up what I want to eat and it will spit out recipes with the ingredients needed. I've started test driving apps but I wanted to put the word out just in case any of you have a suggestion.

Thanks in advance!
    08-22-13 12:28 PM
    You can try this one. Not really sure where you live.

BlackBerry World - Recipe Box for BlackBerry 10
    08-22-13 12:41 PM
    Use your browser and try spark people.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 01:46 PM
    I will tell you what I do, it may not be what you looking for, but this is how I do it. The process includes my calendar app, and a grocery list app. I use Groceries Made Easy, and occasionally the list function in BBM groups.
    First thing I do is set up recurring event in my calendar for all my meals/snacks I want to eat through out the day. For example I set up a reoccurring event for "Breakfast:" at 6:30. Once I have them all set up I go through and pick a meal to add to each event. So for my breakfast example I would edit the event, choose edit occurrence not series, and have it read: "Breakfast: Bacon, Eggs, Orange Juice". Do this for each meal for as long as you want your groceries to last you. A good thing about doing this, besides helping create a grocery list is you don't have to try to remember what you are suppose to eat each day. Just check your calendar and you know.
    Once I set up my meal plan for the week I go through and input the ingredients into my grocery app. Then I remove anything I already have enough of, and I'm ready to go. I really like the Groceries Made Easy app. It remembers previous entries and details such as categories and price. They also allow you to arrange the categories in which ever order you like. This allows you to create a list that flows properly with the grocery store.
    There's a bit of set up work to this method, but I've been using this method for a few years now and it's worked really well for me. Good luck with everything!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 08:27 PM
    You could also try the app Stuff I Need you have to input all the items but it works for me

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 Oreo
    08-22-13 08:46 PM
    Try Lazy Lists. Is free for one list so if all you need it for is grocery shopping then you are good to go.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 09:05 PM
    08-22-13 09:31 PM
    Hey OP, what's your ex girlfriend's PIN?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 10:08 PM
    Our Groceries and Recipe Box. Recipe Box will give you the ideas and the ingredients. Our Groceries will let you list then and save recipes so you can easily repeat them again.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 09:45 AM
    Hey OP, what's your ex girlfriend's PIN?
    Check your Mom's wallet, I wrote it on a dollar bill and gave it to her last night...
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    08-24-13 05:54 AM
    You sir are a beacon of hope for us victims of domestic ineptitude. Thank you!
    08-24-13 05:57 AM
    Now would be a good time to follow some basic coocking classes, just to learn the basic ingredients. For your learning curve it would be better to write the ingridients down with pen and paper, that way you will learn it much faster then depending on some brainless app. Good luck and enjoy your coocking.
    08-24-13 06:05 AM