Apart from the obivious ones I read about over and over - official versions of Netflix and Instagram.

I just read an article regarding the top 10 apps on Apple (iphone and ipad)
    'Heads Up!' top paid iPhone app in Canada - Brandon Sun

...and to be honest, I didnt see one on there that I was like "Man - We need that!!!"

I've sideloaded Netflix on my Z10 - haven't used it once. It would be a definite nice to have on the playbook, but I've uploaded so many movies on my playbooks that it gets me by when my two sons need a digital soother on long car rides etc etc.

What other apps out there on other platforms are missing on BB10???

I don't count apps like Fat Booth, Zombie Booth, Action Movie apps - I call those juicy-fruit apps... like the gum, after a couple bites, you're done and spitting out the gum.

One app I feel is missing (personal opinion only) is a quality business card scanner. I've seen an app on the iphone that is able to scan the card and fairly accurately place the details in their contacts. Haven't found a quality one on BB10 yet.

But I am curious as to what other critical apps people feel that are missing from BB10???
    Djlatino, DJRikko and Geeoff like this.
    05-30-13 12:38 PM
    It would be nice to get some hotel apps such as Marriott and Expedia, etc. although the browser works fine right now.

It would also be nice for some banking apps to come on board. I know TD is working on an app but it sure feels like it's taking forever.
    05-30-13 12:42 PM
    Sugarsync. Skydrive. ABCmouse.com. Jumpstart. Those and any premium/paid service with no app available, which forces users to either use the browser if they can or migrate, and that's not always an option. So to answer the thread question, we're missing any app not available to the platform. If someone looks for it and it isn't there, it's "missing".

Can't count workarounds either, the majority of people are seriously not interested with spending the time and effort to try tricks and conversions - they want software accessible and usable from step one or it's a non-starter for them.
    Donvald and Djlatino like this.
    05-30-13 01:07 PM
    I agree with the TD app.

I've tried accessing the Td website directly via the browser but it's a bit painful.

Posted via CB10
    erodenero and Savior4Life like this.
    05-30-13 01:19 PM
    05-30-13 01:33 PM
    Quite a few, actually.

Endomondo has arrived, but has some real limitations.

BlackBerry Traffic

MyFitnessPal

Evernote

A dedicated RSS reader that works like BlackBerry News did

Wunderlist

Voxer

To name a few.

Posted via CB10
    cocobrow likes this.
    05-30-13 01:45 PM
    Mostly agree with OP but would love to see Citrix Receiver
    05-30-13 01:52 PM
    Ditto on MyFitnessPal. I'm really missing that, especially having used it on my Bold 9780 for years. I also really miss Social Feeds for my RSS feeds. I haven't been able to find a good one IN BB World yet. AS for Evernote, it's native. Just add your account and you're good to go!
    05-30-13 02:00 PM
    Quite a few, actually.

Endomondo has arrived, but has some real limitations.

BlackBerry Traffic

MyFitnessPal

Evernote

A dedicated RSS reader that works like BlackBerry News did

Wunderlist

Voxer

To name a few.

Posted via CB10
    Traffic is now integrated with Maps and has turn-by-turn. Evernote is also baked in.

Really - what Apps are we really missing??-img_00000174.png

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 02:09 PM
    i would like to see geovisions a app thats lets me see my cameras at my bakery and only this app works with my system i had the z10 and q10 but the sideloaded app doesnt work any more since the update
    05-30-13 02:21 PM
    I thought they intergrated Blackberry Traffic with Blackberry Maps - the only thing missing out of Blackberry Maps is the notification sms or email to a point of contact at the destination... I thought that was useful.

I used the micoach from addidas on my torch, but Endomondo has filled that gap for me.

Would like to see a native microsoft communicator app - but office talk free which can be sideloaded fills that gap.
    05-30-13 02:21 PM
    Apart from the obivious ones I read about over and over - official versions of Netflix and Instagram.

I just read an article regarding the top 10 apps on Apple (iphone and ipad)
    'Heads Up!' top paid iPhone app in Canada - Brandon Sun

...and to be honest, I didnt see one on there that I was like "Man - We need that!!!"

I've sideloaded Netflix on my Z10 - haven't used it once. It would be a definite nice to have on the playbook, but I've uploaded so many movies on my playbooks that it gets me by when my two sons need a digital soother on long car rides etc etc.

What other apps out there on other platforms are missing on BB10???

I don't count apps like Fat Booth, Zombie Booth, Action Movie apps - I call those juicy-fruit apps... like the gum, after a couple bites, you're done and spitting out the gum.

One app I feel is missing (personal opinion only) is a quality business card scanner. I've seen an app on the iphone that is able to scan the card and fairly accurately place the details in their contacts. Haven't found a quality one on BB10 yet.

But I am curious as to what other critical apps people feel that are missing from BB10???
    I couldn't agree with u more,some people just like to complain for no reason,btw do we have an app that pays all your bills with some billioner's money ?

Go Sens Go!!!!!!
    euphemy likes this.
    05-30-13 02:26 PM
    Would blackberry's voice command feature be answer to Voxer? I've never used Voxer, but I've been using BBM with the voice command feature. I nearly wet myself with some of the translations.... my friend thought I had a stroke.

Most times when I'm driving and I say "BBM (bbm name)" and state my message it's usually bang on... but yesterday I had the window open so it must of been catching some wind noise which messed up the message. But normally its' pretty good.

You can still send voice notes....

Considering I've never used Voxer I'm not sure what Blackberry has stock in BB10 is suitable subsititute.
    05-30-13 02:32 PM
    Google Maps, ZipCar, HSBC banking, Shazam, HotUKDeals, Dropbox, London Bus Times

If I could have any one of those tomorrow it would be Google Maps

Posted via CB10
    BLu likes this.
    05-30-13 02:41 PM
    I would like slingplayer, Instagram, bank of america, wellsfargo, words with friends, the list goes on but very simply put, the apps thing is a huge problem that blackberry must find a way to solve.. bottom line
    Savior4Life and StephenUSA like this.
    05-30-13 02:43 PM
    Sugarsync. Skydrive. ABCmouse.com. Jumpstart. Those and any premium/paid service with no app available, which forces users to either use the browser if they can or migrate, and that's not always an option. So to answer the thread question, we're missing any app not available to the platform. If someone looks for it and it isn't there, it's "missing".

Can't count workarounds either, the majority of people are seriously not interested with spending the time and effort to try tricks and conversions - they want software accessible and usable from step one or it's a non-starter for them.
    Skydrive is integrated into "Files & Folders" along with Box, Dropbox and Google Drive. All in one convenient place. As an added bonus you can also access your Link drives too.
    jaydee5799 and web99 like this.
    05-30-13 02:50 PM
    I think it's wrong to try and figure out which apps we "really" need. I love my z10 but what I really need at some point is the same choice as anyone else. I don't want to have to ask if an app is available for me. I expect it. If I get a car and there's an app to start it then I want it too. If I go to an event and there is a sign download our app then I want to be included. So what we really need is parity. Where there's an app I nay find useful I don't want to ask is it available for BB10? I expect it at least most of the time. I can wait to get to this point but it must be the objective.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 02:52 PM
    Google Maps, ZipCar, HSBC banking, Shazam, HotUKDeals, Dropbox, London Bus Times

If I could have any one of those tomorrow it would be Google Maps

Posted via CB10
    My Z10 came with Dropbox preinstalled. Should be available in Blackberry World if you don't have it.
    05-30-13 02:52 PM
    I would like tsn app, bell mobile TV, tdct and that's about it. Bell is the one that I am most mad at, because they said it would be 6 to 8 weeks, from the launch date, and I think I was the first person in Brandon to have the Z10.
    05-30-13 03:00 PM
    Flipboard, Zite, Google - maps, hangouts, translate, earth, shazam, polycom telepresence, bluejeans, starbucks and many more... and I'm talking about native apps not android ports.
    glennster28 likes this.
    05-30-13 03:04 PM
    What bb10 is really missing are the niche professional apps for various specialty professions. For example there are a few extremely important medical apps, or even anesthesia apps that my wife uses every day on her iphone. Until those are available on something else (android doesn't even have them) she won't even consider switching.
    ubizmo likes this.
    05-30-13 03:13 PM
    A majority of banking apps and no the mobile browser isnt sufficient enough.
    Savior4Life and StephenUSA like this.
    05-30-13 03:18 PM
    QUALITY over Quantity. Just the major ones that will put us in the game with iOS and Android. Instagram, the major banking and travel apps, Netflix would be nice (but to hell with them), tumblr, basically the major ones that most ppl use on a day to day basis. they say 120,000 now, well maybe 200,000 is enough if they are the "right" ones
    05-30-13 03:35 PM
    There are a ton that I can think of...

Hotel apps, most major bank apps, Shazam/Soundhound, Skydrive, Dropbox, Sugarsync, Car Control apps, TV/DVR apps, Kijiji, Amazon, Ebay... Should I go on. I won't mention the many more people are sick of hearing about... How about a "real" Youtube app as well. For being a business proficient phone they are also lacking in business and professional apps as well.

Then there's the social networking apps for BB10 that are just horrible (Facebook 2/5 stars, Twitter 2.5/5 stars, Skype 3/5 stars). At least Skype sqeezed out a 3/5. take a quick stroll through BB World and read some of the review comments on these apps if you haven't experienced the problems first hand yourself.

The best-selling mobile game devs and video streaming companies won't even touch a BB10 device let alone develope an app for it. I'm talking 2013, not games from three years ago. (*cough* Angry Birds *cough*). Like good God! BB10 just got Super Stickman Golf recently and the second one has been released for more than a month on competing company devices. It's a joke.

Quantity means nothing to me, and when it comes to quality, BB World is seriously lacking.

There are plenty missing, and there are plenty that need to be fixed that they may be on par with their counterparts from other devices.
    Last edited by Savior4Life; 05-30-13 at 04:42 PM.
    rnhld and kevinnugent like this.
    05-30-13 04:03 PM
    I agree with the TD app.

I've tried accessing the Td website directly via the browser but it's a bit painful.

Posted via CB10
    isnt the mobile site the same format as the app?
    05-30-13 04:08 PM
123 123 ...