Hi there!

I just want to let you know, that my next app, called "Read Out! (TTS)", is now available in the BlackBerry World! As the "TTS" part of the name already suggest, the app is all about Text-to-Speech (TTS). For those who don't know me, I'm the developer of the most famous Pocket client for BlackBerry 10 and the BlackBerry PlayBook. It's name is "ReadItNow" and you can find some more details here (only if you're interested in): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...client-719122/

ReadItNow used SayIt! for TTS support. I implemented that integration more than a year ago. Sadly the integration made some problems with large texts, shared from my app to SayIt. I had contacted the developer of SayIt back then, and asked him to fix that issue. Based on my own experience I offered him support on how it would be solved. But sadly he had no interest in. To make it short: I've finally cut off the support for SayIt and developed my own TTS app. It's not comparable to SayIt, because SayIt offers much more as only TTS. But "Read Out! (TTS)" just focusses on TTS and nothing else. In my opinion it performs very well. I've tried a lot of TTS apps for BlackBerry 10, the last weeks. But I found nothing that satisfied me. "Read Out! (TTS)" can be easily integrated with other apps as well and some developers already indicated interest.

Right now you can share text from any app that supports sharing of text, to "Read Out! (TTS)". To mention some apps: BBM, WhatsApp, ReadItNow, ClipMan, BlackBullet and many many more.

"Read Out! (TTS)" automatically detects the language, but you can also select the language manually. And you can share the created mp3 file with your friends or save it to DropBox for example.

The app is available on all devices running BlackBerry OS 10.2 or higher. The app costs 0.99$ for a limited period of time! If you like it, you should support the further development by buying it!

You can grab your copy here:
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/59966912

I would love to hear your feedback, suggestions and questions. Everything is hearty welcome.

Best,
    Sven
    Attached Thumbnails Read Out! (TTS) - The awesome new Text-to-Speech app!-img_20150716_151331.png   Read Out! (TTS) - The awesome new Text-to-Speech app!-img_20150716_163224.png  
    Last edited by svzi; 07-27-15 at 03:51 AM. Reason: App available in BlackBerry World!
    FF22, amclanejr, Dave XII and 1 others like this.
    07-16-15 05:45 PM
    Sounds like it should be a terrific app. Thanks for your continued support of BB devices going all the way back to the Playbook.

Good luck with it.
    svzi likes this.
    07-16-15 08:21 PM
    Amazing app. I didn't know any such app available on BB OS.

Z30 10.3.2.2339 thru CB10
    svzi likes this.
    07-16-15 08:23 PM
    I pretty like the concept, let's see how it works once released. Well done!
    svzi likes this.
    07-20-15 01:53 AM
    Good luck, hope all goes well!

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    svzi likes this.
    07-20-15 02:03 AM
    Good news everyone!

Earlier today I've submitted version 1.0.0 to the BlackBerry World and I've sent it to BlackBerry for review. So hopefully everything is fine with the app, and BlackBerry will approve it soon.

I will post an update as soon as the version is available in the BlackBerry World!

Cheers,
    Sven
    QtHelex, amclanejr and BoyTanggol like this.
    07-20-15 01:17 PM
    Instead of NOT doing a SayIt like app, why not do a SafeDrive app instead? It would be more awesome!!

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    07-23-15 06:45 AM
    Instead of NOT doing a SayIt like app, why not do a SafeDrive app instead? It would be more awesome!!

There's already a SafeDrive app... Isn't it working as it should? (I didn't try it)

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 06:50 AM
    There's already a SafeDrive app... Isn't it working as it should? (I didn't try it)

Posted via CB10
    I believe it is no longer supported. Lots of bad reviews too

07-23-15 06:53 AM
    Oh, you're right! Only opened BlackBerry World to see a 4 star apps with lots of reviews, so I thought it was ok. But reading the latest reviews, it seems to be broken.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 06:57 AM
    Oh, you're right! Only opened BlackBerry World to see a 4 star apps with lots of reviews, so I thought it was ok. But reading the latest reviews, it seems to be broken.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, been like that for a while now

07-23-15 07:13 AM
    Hi BoyTanggol!

As I already stated, I'm doing NO SayIt like app. But what's the point about SafeDrive? That it can read out your email and sms or what do you miss most?

Best,
    Sven
    07-23-15 03:34 PM
    Hi BoyTanggol!

As I already stated, I'm doing NO SayIt like app. But what's the point about SafeDrive? That it can read out your email and sms or what do you miss most?

Best,
    Sven
    Yes, I think there's no alternative for SafeDrive in BlackBerry world. I'm not sure. But since you can already read strings of characters why not push the app on doing further like reading notifications, messages, emails and the like?

07-23-15 09:07 PM
    Reading emails and messages is already on top of my todo list for the first update.

So I'll keep your suggestion in mind. SafeDrive is an app that runs the whole team and reads out any new incoming messages or notifications?

Cheers,
    Sven
    07-24-15 08:49 AM
    Reading emails and messages is already on top of my todo list for the first update.

So I'll keep your suggestion in mind. SafeDrive is an app that runs the whole team and reads out any new incoming messages or notifications?

Cheers,
    Sven
    No, Safedrive doesn't run the whole time. It doesn't have background capability, so sad.

Yes, it reads the incoming notifications like what app the notification is coming from, who's the sender, first line of message, or reads the subject if it's an email.

svzi likes this.
    07-25-15 02:04 AM
    Thanks for your explanation! Will keep that in my mind and will think about it.

Cheers,
    Sven
    BoyTanggol likes this.
    07-25-15 02:07 AM
    Hi there!

I've updated the first post, because the app is finally available in the BlackBerry World: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/59966912

Please let me know what you think about!

Best,
    Sven
    07-27-15 03:52 AM
    Bad news everyone,

despite being an official and paying Google Developer, Google has cut all requests from my new app. To be honest I'm not sure why they block me. I've obtained an official API key, but Google still blocks the app.

As soon as the BlackBerry Vendor Portal is reachable again (It's currently down for maintenance), I'll remove Read Out from the BlackBerry World. At least until I fixed the issue. Sad day.

Let's hope I find a way to figure it out! Particular annoying is the fact, that I've tested the app already for quite some time with about 20 beta testers and everything was fine the whole time, until today it got launched...

I'm really sorry to cause such inconvenience!

Best,
    Sven
    sibeans likes this.
    07-27-15 08:46 PM
    Good news everyone!

I was finally able to work my way around those issues and I'm proud to say that the app is back in the BlackBerry World!

I'm really interested in any kind of feedback and suggestions. So please let me know what you think about.

Cheers,
    Sven
    07-31-15 04:30 PM
    Will you include more languages ?
    For example Greek?

Posted via my STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return
    08-01-15 11:08 AM
    Hi akavbb!

Will you include more languages ?
    For example Greek?
    Sorry, but I'm unable to add any languages. I'm using the Google TTS API and I can only offer the languages that they support. And that are the ones I listed in my description. Hopefully Google will add more languages in the future to their translations service.

Cheers,
    Sven
    08-01-15 11:11 AM
    Is there any way to read a plain text file? Say opening/viewing it in File Manager and then "sending/sharing/feeding" it to Read-Out?
    08-01-15 02:07 PM
    Is there any way to read a plain text file? Say opening/viewing it in File Manager and then "sending/sharing/feeding" it to Read-Out?
    Interesting question. How can I open a plain text file? Right with the file manager? I guess I did not try that.

updated post:
    I just tried it out and it's currently not possible to share a text file directly via share-menu. But I can at that feature in the next version, if you're interested in. Right now you can open the text file in the file manager, mark all text and copy it. Switch to Read Out and paste it inside the text field.

Best,
    Sven
    Last edited by svzi; 08-02-15 at 01:46 PM. Reason: tried it
    FF22 likes this.
    08-02-15 01:34 PM
    Interesting question. How can I open a plain text file? Right with the file manager? I guess I did not try that.

updated post:
    I just tried it out and it's currently not possible to share a text file directly via share-menu. But I can at that feature in the next version, if you're interested in. Right now you can open the text file in the file manager, mark all text and copy it. Switch to Read Out and paste it inside the text field.

Best,
    Sven
    Yup, I already did the COPY/PASTE method. The reading was quite clear. But a direct method would be pretty nice if you could implement it.

A "google" type querry if you know: What is google "capturing" when we let it read our text?
    08-02-15 03:55 PM
    Yup, I already did the COPY/PASTE method. The reading was quite clear. But a direct method would be pretty nice if you could implement it.
    Sure, It's already on my todo list for the next version. Shouldn't be hard to implement.

A "google" type querry if you know: What is google "capturing" when we let it read our text?
    Probably the text, but it should respect your privacy, because Read Out sends the data to my own server and that server interacts with the Google API, not your device directly. So Google has no knowledge from what device the text is coming from.

Best,
    Sven
    FF22 likes this.
    08-03-15 05:45 AM
71 123