01-02-14 09:20 PM
32 12
tools
    Alright guys, the app is available for all of you to test. It's a "Version 1", so please report any bugs you find.

App Thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=787383

Original Post:
    I couldn't wait for the official Rdio app for BB10, so I wrote one. The app is simple: you can login, view your collections, playlists and top albums.

It's a webapp, but it's quite snappy on the Z10. I will be wrapping this app and submitting it to the store this week.

http://html5man.com/apps/bb10player/

Some screenshots:

Attachment 144053

Attachment 144054

Attachment 144056

Note: As with Rdio itself, if you don't have an account, you will only be able to hear 30 second song previews.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails RDIO app for BlackBerry 10-img_00000062_edit.png  
    GrG_Organics likes this.
    03-26-13 12:59 PM
    "Report Issue" doesn't seem to work for me, so here are a few comments:

1. Nice job. I'm very grateful that you put this together. I will pay you for this app, and I'm sure others will as well so don't put it up for free.

2. There doesn't seem to be a way to remotely control playback on another device. So if I'm playing off my desktop and I want to change the song, it'd be cool to do that from this app.

3. When playing a playlist, there doesn't appear to be a way to randomize the playback.

4. During playback, there is currently no way to access the menu.

I'm sure you're probably aware of all of this already, but figured I'd mention it in case you are not.

Thanks again!
    03-27-13 08:13 AM
    "Report Issue" doesn't seem to work for me, so here are a few comments:
    Yeah, I probably should not have kept that menu in there. It was more of a experiment. I'll see a bit fixing it.

1. Nice job. I'm very grateful that you put this together. I will pay you for this app, and I'm sure others will as well so don't put it up for free.
    I'm flattered, but the app will be free. Rdio does not allow developers to charge for client apps. I might add a donate button if they allow that.

2. There doesn't seem to be a way to remotely control playback on another device. So if I'm playing off my desktop and I want to change the song, it'd be cool to do that from this app.
    Very true! There is a way to support this in the API, so I will definitely add it as a feature. Out if curiosity, would this be something you would want on by default?

3. When playing a playlist, there doesn't appear to be a way to randomize the playback.
    Yes. This is number 1 on my list, I use shuffle 100% of the time in desktop Rdio.

4. During playback, there is currently no way to access the menu.
    You can hit the music note in the upper left to open or close the playback screen at any time, but I agree there should be a menu button on both. I may just end up removing the menu, unless there are more things that can find their home within it.
    On a related note, I think it might be nice to show something more obvious useful than a music note foe the playback screen. The native Music app on BB10 does a nice job of this by switching between album art and a button graphic.

I'm sure you're probably aware of all of this already, but figured I'd mention it in case you are not.
    Feedback is always appreciated. Now I have a reason to push out an update quickly, haha.

Posted via CB10
    jabf2006 likes this.
    03-27-13 03:48 PM
    Out if curiosity, would this be something you would want on by default?
    If I'm currently playing something through my desktop browser, if I open this app on my BlackBerry, I would like it to default to remote control.
    03-28-13 09:28 AM
    I should be able to work that in in the next update.

Posted via CB10
    jabf2006 and robkd like this.
    03-28-13 04:46 PM
    You just made my night! Love your app, thanks for adding music to my BB Z10 ..
    01-02-14 08:55 PM
    Can you get BBC. Essex included? Thx

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    01-02-14 09:20 PM
32 12