I have to admit I was on Android and iOS. I know I'm not alone. You know, downloading a $h!t ton of apps you really have no intention of using. Though it's true, in my situation right now, I'm glad to say I'm not. I've embraced web apps on my Q10 and I'm enjoying it. I have a lot of webapps bookmarked and I must say it kind of makes me feel like I'm using a regular app. The downside is that you clearly know it's not a native solution but you have to admit the icons make beautiful place holders for them should they eventually come.

Page 2: Fancy, Gmail, Google Maps, and GQ.
    Randomness: App hoarder...-img_00000044.png

Page 3: Lift and MLB.com
    Randomness: App hoarder...-img_00000045.png

Page 4: Pinterest, Realtor.com, and SoundCloud.
    Randomness: App hoarder...-img_00000046.png

Page 5: TV Guide, Vimeo, and WAPA.tv
    Randomness: App hoarder...-img_00000047.png

Page 6: Wunderlist and YouTube.
    Randomness: App hoarder...-img_00000048.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cbeez1100; 06-20-13 at 03:05 PM.
    06-20-13 02:20 AM
    Now how will poor developers like me sell you apps if you just use the Web for free?
    06-21-13 10:30 AM
    Now how will poor developers like me sell you apps if you just use the Web for free?
    Gief native apps and we pay! meanwhile, web shortcuts do the trick for a lot of us.

Sent from the Dark Side
    06-21-13 10:41 AM
    Gief native apps and we pay! meanwhile, web shortcuts do the trick for a lot of us.Sent from the Dark Side
    Lol, apps are there. There's just a few big names that haven't made a BlackBerry app yet; indie devs such as myself can't usually help much there. But yes, Web shortcuts work well too. C
    06-21-13 11:28 AM
    Yeah, absolutely. BlackBerry made their browser work so well with HTML5 in hopes that people could use it to fill some of the app gap that's available on the web, so this is by no mistake. I'm actually gonna go and bookmark Google Maps, good idea! Just wish there was some way to hide the bottom bar in the browser, like pulling down from the top or something :P

PS. Thanks for downloading my app (:
    frankly1100 likes this.
    06-21-13 12:24 PM
    Bpw

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 02:27 PM
    Yeah, absolutely. BlackBerry made their browser work so well with HTML5 in hopes that people could use it to fill some of the app gap that's available on the web, so this is by no mistake. I'm actually gonna go and bookmark Google Maps, good idea! Just wish there was some way to hide the bottom bar in the browser, like pulling down from the top or something :P

PS. Thanks for downloading my app (:
    Though I use the stock BlackBerry Maps while driving, Google Maps just has way more to offer when it comes to local search so it's a no brainer, but I use both side by side quite often. Yeah I wish the nav bar would disappear in the browser like it does when you're browsing posts via the CB10 app. And no problem, thank you for making the app, it's a great resource and study tool. Quality app.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 05:42 AM
    Lol. The web works fine for apps that aren't available. I need Google Maps so I bookmark Google Maps. If you were to make a decent Google Maps app I would gladly pay for it.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 05:47 AM
    Though I use the stock BlackBerry Maps while driving, Google Maps just has way more to offer when it comes to local search so it's a no brainer, but I use both side by side quite often. Yeah I wish the nav bar would disappear in the browser like it does when you're browsing posts via the CB10 app. And no problem, thank you for making the app, it's a great resource and study tool. Quality app.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, honestly.. They should just make it when you scroll down, it hides.. And when you scroll up, it comes back out, just as it does in every single cascades app ever built for BlackBerry 10. But guess what? If they go and make it do that in the browser now, guess who they will get accused of identically copying? That's right.. iOS7. Won't be surprised when they start saying that BlackBerry stole from iOS7 in regards to back swiping to go back too.. Meh.. Now that iOS7 put that feature in their browser (which I honestly feel like they stole from the Q10), not sure BlackBerry can go and add that feature, might add too much drama everywhere, not sure.

Anyways, I really hope they atleast make it an option, would love if you could just turn it on/off in settings. Would be awesome on the Z10, but would help immensely on the Q10 and arguably needs it quite a bit.

And absolutely (: That's what I focused on, learning native coding and making it as nice as possible, glad it's of use!
    06-22-13 11:16 PM
    Rather than this solution, I recommend getting Shortcutme and adding in shortcuts to the websites

But I guess it's kinda cool to have the icons as though it's a real app

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 11:23 PM
    I think they should really put those features in the browser. It just seems to make sense with the interface

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 11:25 PM
    Yeah used to download a ton of apps without using them much. Still doing the same for BB to test them out eventually. However, native apps are always a plus. Hope BB developers give us some useful apps. Not apps that Alicia Ehrlich reviewed once, was a colour or so app. It seems that these days tons of apps hit the App world store that are useless. Back in the day there were few apps but at least they were actually there to help you. These days you find a lot of rubbish in the store.
    06-23-13 09:11 AM
    If you want to add Web and speed dial to the HomeScreen then get my Short Cut Creator app here

BlackBerry World - Short cut Creator

you can customize your own icons and replace those ugly web icons created by the Browser app. Just make your own 114x114 icons.

06-23-13 09:15 AM
    If you want to add Web and speed dial to the HomeScreen then get my Short Cut Creator app here

BlackBerry World - Short cut Creator

you can customize your own icons and replace those ugly web icons created by the Browser app. Just make your own 114x114 icons.

Though it's a good solution, I just don't need it. I'm not all ancy about the icons. I personally don't see anything wrong with the web created icons. They're great for me. I prefer the sqaure icons to the rounded off iOS-like icons that are there in the screenshot.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 02:07 PM