Guys, until recently the app was working perfectly fine in BlackBerry World. Now it seems I get this 'connection failed' error. Does anyone else have this issue? Before, I was able to email the developer, but now the option to email has been taken away from the store. I just need a native app for radio streaming from all over the world. Any alternative would be great. I used to have 'TUNE IN' radio. But now that too doesn't appear in the blackberry world. What in the world is happening to all our beloved apps in the BlackBerry store??

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 09:18 PM
    Recent reviews paint the same picture. As well, the app hasn't been updated since February 2014. I think they changed something that (knowingly or unknowingly) blocked access from BB10.
    08-05-16 10:49 PM
    Rad.io is one of the best native BB10 music apps. Just checked my fave stations and they work fine. False alarm!!!!

The app hasn't seen an update in near 3 years. I think whatever was gonna go wrong already would have. Long live rad.io!

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 10:59 PM
    Rad.io connection failed!-img_20160806_093517.png I have tried every other radio stations and nothing seems to work! This ain't no false alarm. I have been using this for quite a while. But, now it is falling apart. None of the radio stations work. Sad...

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 11:06 PM
    Finally, I just added the tunein radio website to my homescreen! Who cares about apps. We have the best OS and the native experience we already need. Frankly speaking, I don't like to have any android apps in my device. So, even if the developers don't care, we have what it takes to keep lovin the beloved OS of ours.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 12:42 AM
    Works fine for me, including the exact bbc site that you having trouble with.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 12:55 AM
    Those guys at rad.io are just awsome! Fortunately, they raised my complaint and had my issue solved! They said they still support rad.io for BlackBerry. The only thing is that, as of now they are focused more on android and iOS! But, they said if we have any issues with the app, they will do the needful. Reminds me of BB10 and blackberry, LOL.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 05:23 AM
    Those guys at rad.io are just awsome! Fortunately, they raised my complaint and had my issue solved! They said they still support rad.io for BlackBerry. The only thing is that, as of now they are focused more on android and iOS! But, they said if we have any issues with the app, they will do the needful. Reminds me of BB10 and blackberry, LOL.

Posted via CB10
    They remain committed to BB10.

*C5303
    08-06-16 06:03 AM
    They remain committed to BB10.

*C5303
    And to the BBOS as well ;-)

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 09:56 PM
    And to the BBOS as well ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Nah, that ship had sailed a long time ago.
    BB10 at least still has 2 maintenance updates and NIAP certification... coming soon!

*C5303
    08-06-16 11:03 PM
    Nah, that ship had sailed a long time ago.
    BB10 at least still has 2 maintenance updates and NIAP certification... coming soon!

*C5303
    Yeah, but that ship is still worth holding to, considering the Bold 9900 and it's access to BlackBerry world and BIS services. I wonder how long they will keep maintaining the platform.

Posted via CB10
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    08-06-16 11:31 PM
    BlackBerry World apps: Radio Player+, ReRadio UK, Star Player.
    Webpage players: Shoutcast.com, Radiooforest.net.
    08-06-16 11:43 PM
    BlackBerry World apps: Radio Player+, ReRadio UK, Star Player.
    Webpage players: Shoutcast.com, Radiooforest.net.
    Hey buddy thanks a lot for the alternatives you have suggested. Star player looks awesome with all the built in capabilities. And it's certainly one heck of a deal.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-16 01:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    Does this still work? Wasn't updated.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 10:07 PM
    Does this still work? Wasn't updated.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it still works. They changed something on their end hence the app didn't need to be updated.

Via Pasta CB10
    12-15-16 09:37 AM
    OK thanks... tried it the other day with no dice.. tried it again and voila!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-16 09:42 AM
    Is rad.io recommended over nobex?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 05:59 AM
    For those of us on passports, I found TuneIn 7.3 pro works great. Smooth lightweight and doesn't try to update itself in the play store. I didn't try it on my q10 because blackberry world has TuneIn for that but not the square of power. Go figure

Posted via CB10
    12-16-16 11:26 AM
    Recently Rad.io app has been acting up. I was able to resolve by uninstalling, restarting and reinsalling. However, today I have done this several times along with refreshing BBW.

I was able to use the Web version with the native BlackBerry browser, but even that needed a prodding to get working as it said connection failed.

Anyone else having issues? I really like this app and have installed on an iPad for my parents too. Selection has decreased, but that is due to corporate radio politics choosing to pull the plug on streaming providers and forcing people to use their in-house developed apps. I guess it means one more lost listener for them.

Thanks,
    Anders

Posted via CB10
    12-25-18 11:07 AM
    Recently Rad.io app has been acting up. I was able to resolve by uninstalling, restarting and reinsalling. However, today I have done this several times along with refreshing BBW.

I was able to use the Web version with the native BlackBerry browser, but even that needed a prodding to get working as it said connection failed.

Anyone else having issues? I really like this app and have installed on an iPad for my parents too. Selection has decreased, but that is due to corporate radio politics choosing to pull the plug on streaming providers and forcing people to use their in-house developed apps. I guess it means one more lost listener for them.

Thanks,
    Anders

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried Nobex Radio app? It is pretty good.... Maybe it could help. I will give it a try later on Rad.io on my BB10.
    12-27-18 06:47 AM

Thanks,
    Anders

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried contacting their customer support? They've always felt very carrying to my requests.

I stopped using that app when left OS10. TuneIn is really a lot better and has more capabilities (stream bitrate options, more stations, fluenter playback etc.). It's not life important but gets handy from time to time.
    12-27-18 09:16 AM
    It all of a sudden started working again. I had sent a report to the development team, but they must be on holiday.

I have Nobex, but the experience isn't as smooth as using Rad.io.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-18 10:56 AM
    Sadly, Rad.io just stopped working in the past week. Thought I would check in here . . .

Great app, for me much better, more international, and more stations than others. Have deleted, re-installed, nothing seems to work.
    11-30-20 05:42 PM
    Sadly, Rad.io just stopped working in the past week. Thought I would check in here . . .

Great app, for me much better, more international, and more stations than others. Have deleted, re-installed, nothing seems to work.
    Did you see this thread? http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1188378

Posted via CB10
    11-30-20 05:45 PM
    Thank you.

When I did a search, I was admittedly lazy - just clicked on the top response. My bad.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    12-02-20 10:00 PM