Hello everybody,

Just a quick question. I have a twitter application I am getting developed for android and I was wondering when porting over this app will use it to the android api or will it use blackberry api?
    01-21-14 09:43 AM
    A combo of both really, depending on how you 'port' it. You'd be best served by reading the developer documentation - Overview - Runtime for Android apps - BlackBerry Developer
    01-21-14 09:51 AM
    Depends on how much work you want to put in.
    Converting and using the android runtimes and api will require little to no work. BB is making this process easier and easier. Rumor is in a few months they my even allow apk submissions to BBW
    Converting to BB api will give you far better control and far better user experience. However, even though there are ways to do this automatically to a certain extent, you still have to comb the conversion and fix bugs. This will definitely take longer, but is worth it in the long run
    01-21-14 10:00 AM
    thank you for that guide..
    "Port the application code directly and rebuild the app for BlackBerry 10" - this will let me use blackberry api?.

sorry for the noob questions...
    how long of process is this generally?
    01-21-14 10:01 AM
    thank you for that guide..
    "Port the application code directly and rebuild the app for BlackBerry 10" - this will let me use blackberry api?.

sorry for the noob questions...
    how long of process is this generally?
    Do you have a BlackBerry 10 device running 10.2.1? If so try directly running the apk. Then you can judge how well the app works without any effort. This will also show how well the app will integrate. Apps like tapatalk are even integrated well into the native share framework while not having any BlackBerry 10 optimizations.
    01-22-14 12:17 PM