fishlevel,

Just wanted to give you props on the start of this browser. It's very functional already and even worked fully with no hiccups on a website that other browsers were giving me some compatibility issues with. Looking forward to the newest release. I hope it's right around the corner.

Posted via CB10
    fishlevel likes this.
    07-30-18 12:38 PM
    I have been using it also for access to sites that won't work anymore. Thank you and looking forward to more!

Posted via CB10
    fishlevel likes this.
    07-30-18 03:14 PM
    This is working well on my Q10. Excellent work thus far!
    fishlevel likes this.
    07-30-18 05:54 PM
    @fishlevel hope you don't abandon your great project.

Love Peace and Share
    fishlevel likes this.
    08-03-18 02:15 PM
    Thanks everyone! No I'm not abandoning anything, I have a regular job and there's a lot of warm summer days here in Berlin, but whenever there's some spare time and it's not insanely hot outside I'm working on the migration.
    08-05-18 05:40 AM
    Fishlevel,

Thank you for you ongoing efforts with this venture. I have just downloaded the browser and am running it on a Classic. I will continue to monitor this thread and your advances in this project.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-18 07:21 PM
    it would be good,if we can make beol as default browser

Posted via CB10
    08-09-18 04:51 AM
    I'm finding that it is much faster than all the Android based browsers I've used. I don't miss the bells and whistles. Please keep refining as needed! It's awesome!
    08-09-18 02:56 PM
    Yes beol is the most faster browser android on bb10 phone

Love Peace and Share
    08-09-18 05:45 PM
    God bless you, sir, for supporting BB10 OS.
    08-13-18 09:30 AM
    This thing is saving my life every time I travel. Thank you! It's as fast as the stock browser. I love how stripped down it is.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 06:37 AM
    It would be nice if we could clear the cache, and have a Private Browser.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    08-29-18 01:02 AM
    I just installed the BEOL browser because one of my most used sites (peets.com - great coffee beans!) just recently underwent a complete redesign, and I could no longer use it in any of my installed Q10 browsers. *sob* (The old site worked perfectly in the default BB10 browser too!)

Lo and behold! BEOL can display the new Peets site! I was able to log in with it too, although I had some trouble editing some other account information there - but that's ok. I can see the pages again!

BEOL is a huge improvement over the 4 other browsers I have installed here (BB10, Evolution, Zeus, Browsie), none of which can handle the Javascript on the new site. But BEOL can, so thank you, thank you, thank you @fishlevel, for sticking with this project and continuing to tweak it!

I have been using it also for access to sites that won't work anymore. Thank you and looking forward to more!
    Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    Jake2826 likes this.
    08-29-18 06:59 PM
    can we default beol?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-18 11:09 AM
    can we default beol?

Posted via CB10
    No but it can be set as "open with...." for web links etc depending on the situation.
    08-30-18 11:31 AM
    I just installed the BEOL browser because one of my most used sites (peets.com - great coffee beans!) just recently underwent a complete redesign, and I could no longer use it in any of my installed Q10 browsers. *sob* (The old site worked perfectly in the default BB10 browser too!)

Lo and behold! BEOL can display the new Peets site! I was able to log in with it too, although I had some trouble editing some other account information there - but that's ok. I can see the pages again!

BEOL is a huge improvement over the 4 other browsers I have installed here (BB10, Evolution, Zeus, Browsie), none of which can handle the Javascript on the new site. But BEOL can, so thank you, thank you, thank you @fishlevel, for sticking with this project and continuing to tweak it!

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    Finding its simply because json is not getting parsed as json. It will as text, or needs to be stored in the browser and stringified from there.
    Or, few lines to wrap old javascript that people no longer use are causing it to not work on th old browser.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-18 05:14 AM
    Does anyone else have this problem? I don't see any mentions of it here or on github.

https://app.box.com/s/e7fkn3vun7lqrti7gtmggrq1l3y1vd8f (sorry for poor quality, I need to go to work soon)

Basically, rotation causes the entirety of the UI to reset, no visible trace of what was just open. The previously opened content is still active though, just play a media stream with sound and you'll still be able to hear and control it. This problem isn't exclusive to rotation though, it also happened on a classic, but rotation will always cause it.
    @fishlevel any help would be appreciated.
    09-09-18 10:36 AM
    Does anyone else have this problem? I don't see any mentions of it here or on github.

https://app.box.com/s/e7fkn3vun7lqrti7gtmggrq1l3y1vd8f (sorry for poor quality, I need to go to work soon)

Basically, rotation causes the entirety of the UI to reset, no visible trace of what was just open. The previously opened content is still active though, just play a media stream with sound and you'll still be able to hear and control it. This problem isn't exclusive to rotation though, it also happened on a classic, but rotation will always cause it.
    @fishlevel any help would be appreciated.
    I have this issues to

Love Peace and Share
    09-10-18 05:05 AM
    I have this issues to. Wainting for the next update

Love Peace and Share

Love Peace and Share
    09-10-18 05:06 AM
    Was trying to see if uber works with this browser, but it won't get past "can't find geolocation" error

Anyone know how to fix this or is something the dev hasn't set up yet?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-18 02:26 AM
    Was trying to see if uber works with this browser, but it won't get past "can't find geolocation" error

Anyone know how to fix this or is something the dev hasn't set up yet?

Posted via CB10
    No autorisation Gps location folder access for upload are implemented at this moment. You must wait future update.

You can try kiwi browser it's work also fine on bb10 phone. (and you can have the url bar in the bottom like the native browser). It's an adndroid browser based on chrome

Love Peace and Share
    09-13-18 05:54 AM
    It's early day yet but this new browser is looking very promising.
    09-21-18 10:08 AM
    Is the developer keep on working on this project?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-18 12:35 AM
    Hi, yes I am, though I have to admit that I did not find much time the last months, a lot going on. Regarding the chromium update I got to the point where it should have worked, but doesn't because it runs in the wrong thread and therefore crashes. It's a solvable problem, but I'd need to dig further into the bootstrapping process as I want to cherry-pick only the minimal parts, not telemetry, custom tabs, ui from chrome etc., which is a somewhat frustrating task because the code is a tangle.
    Maybe it makes more sense to start working on the missing small features again and pause the chromium update, though finishing that would provide a significant performance boost.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-18 06:02 AM
    Hi, yes I am, though I have to admit that I did not find much time the last months, a lot going on. Regarding the chromium update I got to the point where it should have worked, but doesn't because it runs in the wrong thread and therefore crashes. It's a solvable problem, but I'd need to dig further into the bootstrapping process as I want to cherry-pick only the minimal parts, not telemetry, custom tabs, ui from chrome etc., which is a somewhat frustrating task because the code is a tangle.
    Maybe it makes more sense to start working on the missing small features again and pause the chromium update, though finishing that would provide a significant performance boost.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks with the actual version is it simple for you to support Gps access, folder share access for uploaling file

Love Peace and Share
    09-22-18 09:21 AM
303 ... 89101112 ...