Thanks a lot for your support Fishlevel!!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-18 05:55 PM
    Thanks with the actual version is it simple for you to support Gps access, folder share access for uploaling file

Love Peace and Share
    Just speculating, but seems like its just a permission that is not enabled right now, it can be used with navigator but is being denied. File system also however I managed a fill for that before, also a data:mime/type,base64; string can find its way in...
    vConsole, and Eruda.
    Good debuggers that work on the mobile. Should be able to get most of the browser stats and where the code leads. Its looking good so far appreciate his effort.

Posted via Z10
    09-22-18 10:01 PM
    Hi, yes I am, though I have to admit that I did not find much time the last months, a lot going on. Regarding the chromium update I got to the point where it should have worked, but doesn't because it runs in the wrong thread and therefore crashes. It's a solvable problem, but I'd need to dig further into the bootstrapping process as I want to cherry-pick only the minimal parts, not telemetry, custom tabs, ui from chrome etc., which is a somewhat frustrating task because the code is a tangle.
    Maybe it makes more sense to start working on the missing small features again and pause the chromium update, though finishing that would provide a significant performance boost.

Posted via CB10
    Performance seems very good to me at least. I would focus on features first unless there is a reason to do it differently.

Thanks for working on this. It's really key to keeping all these BB10 devices alive.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-18 11:32 PM
    How do I install this?
    After downloading the file, and opening it, it just says 'processing'

I'm using a blackberry classic.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-18 09:57 PM
    How do I install this?
    After downloading the file, and opening it, it just says 'processing'

I'm using a blackberry classic.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Posted via CB10
    First thing to try is a normal reboot, prior to installation. Hold power for menu then select restart.
    09-24-18 01:31 PM
    First thing to try is a normal reboot, prior to installation. Hold power for menu then select restart.
    You nailed it, Zeddepher! Simply had to reboot my device and it works nicely! Thank you all once again for extending the life of these non android qwerty's!

Now I need to figure out how to turn a bookmark with this browser into a one touch icon.
    09-24-18 02:30 PM
    You nailed it, Zeddepher! Simply had to reboot my device and it works nicely! Thank you all once again for extending the life of these non android qwerty's!

Now I need to figure out how to turn a bookmark with this browser into a one touch icon.
    Not possible on BB10 as far as I know. Only the native browser can have homescreen shortcut icons. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.
    09-24-18 02:57 PM
    Now I need to figure out how to turn a bookmark with this browser into a one touch icon
    Just navigate to the web page you want (either by bookmark or url), tap on overflow menu (3 vertical dots bottom right), and tap "Add to Home Screen". Then you can name the icon whatever you like, then finally tap save at top right.

STRIKE ALL THIS---wrong browser after all I am in the BEOL thread.......duh! There is no way to create that desktop shortcut using ANY other browser other than native.
    09-24-18 03:20 PM

Thinking it should already, just another form field the apk needs. I couldnt get a launch as but App Ninja will launch BEOL. Have not compared them with a ported and registered application in detail though.

Host a webpage or full site, set it as your home for the browser. Lot of free ways to do that such as google sites. Fairly simple.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-18 04:19 PM
    Hi, just published a new release, 1.8.0, which adds support for gps/geolocation. Unfortunately when a website requests the geolocation, the browser will not ask the user to grant it but will just provide it. That is because crosswalk does not provide an interface for it. Solvable when I manage to switch to plain chromium at some point.

Posted via CB10
    Jake2826, brookie229 and gouger05 like this.
    09-27-18 01:16 AM
    Hi, just published a new release, 1.8.0, which adds support for gps/geolocation. Unfortunately when a website requests the geolocation, the browser will not ask the user to grant it but will just provide it. That is because crosswalk does not provide an interface for it. Solvable when I manage to switch to plain chromium at some point.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks a lot for this enhancement if you have some time could you have autorisation for upload file.

The link for the last release
    https://github.com/jonathan-reisdorf...owser/releases

Love Peace and Share
    09-27-18 01:25 AM
    Any way to turn the GPS feature off? I have zero interest in this sort of functionality in a web browser.

Outside of that, thanks for BEOL, I plan on submitting a few tickets on Github when I get around to it.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-18 11:11 AM
    Any way to turn the GPS feature off? I have zero interest in this sort of functionality in a web browser.

Outside of that, thanks for BEOL, I plan on submitting a few tickets on Github when I get around to it.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, as long as I use crosswalk, there's no way to do that. Maybe I could however create permissionless builds as an alternative to download in the future. Need to find out how feasible that is. Until then, you can use the previous version, which does not grant geolocation access to the browser.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-18 02:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    App permission settings, just flip the switch for geolocation.

:I just realized you cant.. sorry man.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 09-28-18 at 01:44 PM.
    09-28-18 12:03 PM
    Unfortunately, as long as I use crosswalk, there's no way to do that. Maybe I could however create permissionless builds as an alternative to download in the future. Need to find out how feasible that is. Until then, you can use the previous version, which does not grant geolocation access to the browser.

Posted via CB10
    Thats an ok idea. Would it just be a matter of supplying different xml files with the permissions you need to access webkit and other areas with specific installations?
    Id really recomend templates with return function to getById, querySelector is newer but speed difference is fairly large and would probably benefit BB10's older cpu.
    https://jsperf.com/getelementbyid-vs-queryselector

Either way thanks, was wondering if you could enable the data: and javascript: uri's in the address bar.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 09-28-18 at 05:20 PM.
    09-28-18 12:07 PM
    nobody would ever be able to notice any performance difference for a single getElementById vs querySelector operation. maybe if you had hundred of those at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-18 03:48 AM
    nobody would ever be able to notice any performance difference for a single getElementById vs querySelector operation. maybe if you had hundred of those at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    Yea Ive heard that argument, and you're probably right for the most part concerning a single use. I noticed a difference where the DOM method does not update as fast as the recursive iteration. I just felt it was worth a mention. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 10-05-18 at 02:51 AM.
    09-29-18 04:52 AM
    Don't wanna be intrusive, but is it possible to put beol browser in OPEN IN list?

It would be such an improvement

Posted via CB10
    09-29-18 09:41 AM
    If we can have a full screen mode for beol browser hide url bar possibilty.

I test it for instagram mobile it is work fine only for view because actuaLly we can't upload fron beol

Love Peace and Share
    09-30-18 03:39 PM
    @fishlevel i find this a fork of crosswalk if that can help you
    https://github.com/Arva/cordova-plug...sswalk-webview
    10-02-18 10:46 AM
    @fishlevel i find this a fork of crosswalk if that can help you
    https://github.com/Arva/cordova-plug...sswalk-webview
    Hi, thanks, but that's just a fork of the cordova plugin for crosswalk, not of crosswalk itself. all this fork does is using the native webview of android instead of crosswalk if the system has a newer one. since our bb10 devices use android 4.3, there's no chromium-based webview at all, so this fork would bring no benefit (the forked plugin uses crosswalk 23, we have the inofficial crosswalk 24). also, I've eliminated cordova some releases ago which provides a nice performance benefit.
    10-03-18 04:51 AM
    Hi, thanks, but that's just a fork of the cordova plugin for crosswalk, not of crosswalk itself. all this fork does is using the native webview of android instead of crosswalk if the system has a newer one. since our bb10 devices use android 4.3, there's no chromium-based webview at all, so this fork would bring no benefit (the forked plugin uses crosswalk 23, we have the inofficial crosswalk 24). also, I've eliminated cordova some releases ago which provides a nice performance benefit.
    Thanks for this precision

Do you read my other post

I test it for instagram mobile it is work fine only for view because actuaLly we can't upload fron beol

Posted via CB10
    10-03-18 09:42 AM
    Posted via CB10
    I'll evaluate that, though it might be difficult to implement performance-wise as explained in an earlier post.
    10-05-18 04:44 AM
    I just published version 1.8.1 which brings file upload support. Didn't tackle the "permissionless" topic yet - ideally I can find a way to properly ask the user for gps permission in one of the next versions.
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-05-18 04:46 AM
    I just published version 1.8.1 which brings file upload support. Didn't tackle the "permissionless" topic yet - ideally I can find a way to properly ask the user for gps permission in one of the next versions.
    Thanks do you implement so file dowmload ?

Love Peace and Share
    10-05-18 05:15 AM
303 ... 910111213