Were you looking for an Api or sync like firefox, chromes bookmarks,
    Or storage?

Posted via CB10
    nope. it should still be a minimalistic browser in the end. no intention to sync anything. but as pointed out you can cover pretty much every use case you have in mind with user scripts later.
    06-07-18 03:29 AM
    nope. it should still be a minimalistic browser in the end. no intention to sync anything. but as pointed out you can cover pretty much every use case you have in mind with user scripts later.
    I had mentioned localStorage. 5mb is quite a bit for something like that. If that had an export feature like csv and warning before localStorage clears it would be pretty minimal.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-18 03:44 AM
    I had mentioned localStorage. 5mb is quite a bit for something like that. If that had an export feature like csv and warning before localStorage clears it would be pretty minimal.

Posted via CB10
    No it wouldn't. Syncing introduces a whole range of possible new problems like failing connections, other sorts of errors during the sync or security risks that then have to be dealt with. Also exporting or importing csv files requires stuff like the file chooser dialog to be implemented, which has to be done before it, and a csv parser. There are a lot of other dependencies to be taken into account. Trust me, you have a very specialized use case in mind that does not align with common use cases of other people here. Which is fine, we all have our own workflows and requirements, but as already pointed out I'm building this thing first and foremost for myself and for the large majority of users, and the problem it should solve in the end is make pages that do not work in the native browser work again. That is the primary focus of my development for now and I won't (maybe with some tiny exceptions) introduce features that do not serve that goal before it is reached. If you need this feature feel free to fork the project and make your own adaptions, ideally also starring my project on github. Being able to develop your own features building on another project is what open source is all about in the end (well that and collaboration, but that highly depends on the people contributing as well)
    06-07-18 03:56 AM
    Ok, localStorage is not sync though. And Ive already bookmarks working. JS can escape blob data to application/octet-stream which is also working. Ive also nearly emulated NodeJs. The only thing your browser did not cover was css grid, and flat icons. I can understand your concern for security but on an ailing and aging platform what is really the wiser choice there.
    Trusted Certificates not something I have however I do have a thorough blockchain which could be utilized in Base64. Which your browser could already generate for days.

Sorry if I am bugging. Just interested in the concept.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-18 04:07 AM
    By the way, people wanting to donate, please don't do that but star the project on github instead, that would be very nice Oh and I still need to implement a license for the project, I was thinking about the MIT license which allows any sort of modification or use without limitation. Should be fine as long as I also point out the license of chromium.
    06-07-18 04:11 AM
    Leyra B10 let's please stop the discussion at this point. As said, feel free to make your own thing. I never promised to fulfill everybody's need with this browser.
    06-07-18 04:13 AM
    I just published a new version 1.6.0 which adds a rudimentary bookmarks feature and a homepage selection setting to the browser. With the next release I'll make it easier to add pages to the bookmarks by adding an entry to the context menu of a page (the three dots on the bottom right), and I'll also add an edit feature to bookmarks, improve the design a bit and make them more visually distinguishable from the tabs overview. And I'll also add a bookmarks entry for just opening them to the context menu.
    06-08-18 05:30 AM
    Thanks this feature is great.
    Do you plan to fix or implement autorisation like localisation file share photo camera load or upload.

Love Peace and Share
    06-08-18 11:39 AM
    First of all I appreciate your attempt for a native browser.

Unfortunately even your browser can't show what I need, maybe it's tp special.

When I'm travelling I'm just using my BB Passport for blogging, using a serendipity blog. When I create a new entry I would first like to see the preview before publishing. After clicking on preview all browsers I've tried cannot show the inlet where the previewed entry should be.
    I'm not sure but maybe it's an iframe. I think you can just try it if you could access an serendipity blog.

Anyway, a browser who can show this on my Passport would be so much helpful.

Thanks for reading!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-18 12:02 PM
    Thanks this feature is great.
    Do you plan to fix or implement autorisation like localisation file share photo camera load or upload.

Love Peace and Share
    I'm planning on implementing all those things after I have finished the bookmarks feature and switched to using plain updated chromium. Not necessarily all in a row though, that depends on how easy they are to add.
    lolo9269 likes this.
    06-09-18 01:25 AM
    First of all I appreciate your attempt for a native browser.
    First of all it is not an "attempt".

After clicking on preview all browsers I've tried cannot show the inlet where the previewed entry should be.
    If all browsers are not able to show the preview it doesn't sound like a browser issue but more like a website issue imo, but I'll have a look into it, there ought to be a demo access to this particular blog software somewhere.
    Last edited by fishlevel; 06-09-18 at 01:43 AM.
    06-09-18 01:29 AM
    When I'm travelling I'm just using my BB Passport for blogging, using a serendipity blog. When I create a new entry I would first like to see the preview before publishing. After clicking on preview all browsers I've tried cannot show the inlet where the previewed entry should be.
    I'm not sure but maybe it's an iframe. I think you can just try it if you could access an serendipity blog.
    Posted via CB10
    Cannot reproduce the issue with the serendipity demo site, see attached screenshot.
    Prototype of an alternate BB10-optimized browser-img_20180609_083549.jpg
    06-09-18 01:40 AM
    on the crosswalk-24.53.595.0.aar you still have x86 architecture. for optimised the size i thing i think you can remove and keep only Arm architecture
    06-09-18 02:44 AM
    First of all it is not an "attempt".

If all browsers are not able to show the preview it doesn't sound like a browser issue but more like a website issue imo, but I'll have a look into it, there ought to be a demo access to this particular blog software somewhere.
    Please excuse my wrong English very much fishlevel, I didn't mean attempt, maybe commitment is a better vocabulary.

And thank you for trying it. With this demo software I'm successfully see the preview as well. So it's more about my serendipity version maybe (2.1.2). I'm going to ask in their forum.

Posted via CB10 & Passport.
    Attached Thumbnails Prototype of an alternate BB10-optimized browser-img_20180609_114508_edit.png  
    06-09-18 03:52 AM
    on the crosswalk-24.53.595.0.aar you still have x86 architecture. for optimised the size i thing i think you can remove and keep only Arm architecture
    afaik gradle takes care of extracting the required architecture(s) from the package. Or did you achieve a smaller apk size by removing it? Besides that I need the x86 architecture for development because I run an avd with x86 for the much improved performance, but of course if that really brings a benefit I could for example add a second package without x86 for release build. but I'd highly assume that android studio / gradle already takes care of that.
    06-09-18 03:55 AM
    Please excuse my wrong English very much fishlevel, I didn't mean attempt, maybe commitment is a better vocabulary.

And thank you for trying it. With this demo software I'm successfully see the preview as well. So it's more about my serendipity version maybe (2.1.2). I'm going to ask in their forum.

Ok, yes thanks, I know it's not always easy with vocabulary, I'm German and occasionally experience the same with other people
    About the problem: I'll also add a remote debugging option into the browser settings at some point, which would help a lot finding the exact issue.
    06-09-18 03:58 AM
    I also don't think it's necessarily a 2.1.2 issue, just tested another demo setup with 2.1.2 and it works.

Prototype of an alternate BB10-optimized browser-img_20180609_120919.jpg
    06-09-18 05:12 AM
    I also don't think it's necessarily a 2.1.2 issue, just tested another demo setup with 2.1.2 and it works.
    Thanks for your understanding and second test. I tried to solve the problem with some blog software settings but couldn't figure it out, so I asked in the s9y board for help.

06-09-18 06:33 AM
    Latest file aso gives me an "unable to install" error....any idea what could be done?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.3204
    06-09-18 07:43 AM
    Are you planning to implement short key like the native browser
    And specific button of classic for accessing to menu.
    beol is very speed and lite with very good html5 score compare to other browser android. So we can use our bb10 phone for few years

https://help.blackberry.com/en/black...896291451.html

Love Peace and Share
    06-09-18 02:35 PM
    BEOL shows version 1.0.0.10 in App Permissions. Shouldn't it be 1.5.0 or something like that?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    06-09-18 03:27 PM
    BEOL shows version 1.0.0.10 in App Permissions. Shouldn't it be 1.5.0 or something like that?

No---that's the installer of BB10 changing to conform to it's standard. You will notice that for all .apk's being installed.
    06-09-18 03:29 PM
    Latest file aso gives me an "unable to install" error....any idea what could be done?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.3204
    Does installing this work for you? https://crossnode.org/f/d94947e78e1742ccb80b/?dl=1
    That's the debug build of version 1.6.0, it contains the same code but less optimizations and contains also x86 support, also it is not signed but flagged as debug build.
    06-10-18 02:42 AM

Android apks have two version numbers, an internal and an external one. The internal one is just a number to be incrementally increased with every release, which is converted to 1.0.0.x I guess until x has reached some maximum, then bounced up to sth like 1.0.1.x. The external version is freely choosable by the developer. Currently that corresponds to 1.6.0 or 1.0.0.11.
    06-10-18 02:45 AM
    Are you planning to implement short key like the native browser
    And specific button of classic for accessing to menu.
    beol is very speed and lite with very good html5 score compare to other browser android. So we can use our bb10 phone for few years

https://help.blackberry.com/en/black...896291451.html

Love Peace and Share
    There are some short keys I use frequently that I'd add to the browser, such as t, b, p and n. But that might be difficult depending on how easy it is to get key inputs out of the webview. Also it might be a security concern for some people as effectively reading keyboard input is something also a keylogger would do, so the feature would at least be hidden by a disabled-by-default setting. Of course that people could look into the source code and find out that no harm is done, but on the other hand people like you and me could also toggle a setting. Apart from that, lolo9269, of course we can continue talking about what I might or might not implement in the far future, but wouldn't it be more productive to just let me finish what I'm planning right now and then come up with additional feature suggestions?
    Last edited by fishlevel; 06-10-18 at 05:35 AM.
    lolo9269 likes this.
    06-10-18 02:50 AM
303 ... 45678 ...