Thanks a lot for this release and your work. Gps is still issues.

Just question how can I compile your source. With android studio ?

Love Peace and Share
    Yes I didn't work on the gps yet (or any other new feature, for that matter) - that's upcoming, it was important to get the core straight first before adding new features.
    Yes, in theory it should work just by cloning the code, then opening the folder in Android Studio and building. Feel free to ask if it's not as easy as that, if something else is required I'd like to put it into the readme file which doesn't contain much help yet (https://github.com/jonathan-reisdorf...ster/README.md) so that other people benefit from it
    05-23-18 09:47 AM
    Yes I didn't work on the gps yet (or any other new feature, for that matter) - that's upcoming, it was important to get the core straight first before adding new features.
    Yes, in theory it should work just by cloning the code, then opening the folder in Android Studio and building. Feel free to ask if it's not as easy as that, if something else is required I'd like to put it into the readme file which doesn't contain much help yet (https://github.com/jonathan-reisdorf...ster/README.md) so that other people benefit from it
    thanks i never do developpement for android, i think i begin to use you code to make some webapps for single url.

I think you can use http://developer.blackberry.com/android/tools/ for bb10 add on to android studio
    Last edited by lolo9269; 05-23-18 at 12:16 PM.
    dpgo likes this.
    05-23-18 11:53 AM
    thanks i never do developpement for android, i think i begin to use you code to make some webapps for single url.

I think you can use Download for Windows - Runtime for Android apps - BlackBerry Developer for bb10 add on to android studio
    I'll also work on bookmarks and explore the possibilities of adding website shortcuts opened in beol to the global bb10 application list (or even open a PWA with it) soonish, but sure go ahead, you could just change the initial url given by navigation.js to achieve that.

About the BB10 Android Tools: Are there benefits of wrapping the apk into a bar file, is it smaller or performing better with this change? For emulation I currently use an android avd with a square display resolution (1440x1440), which comes very close to the experience on my passport, but yes, I could potentially use the bb10 emulator to test stuff specific to other BB10 phones I don't have, like the Classic's trackpad.
    05-24-18 02:23 AM
    Very good and it works fine!!
    Thanks for the effort!

Posted via CB10
    fishlevel likes this.
    05-24-18 06:41 AM
    Impressive its truly unfortunate that my old BB leap broke.
    05-24-18 07:17 AM
    It's very nice to see we have developper can still help community to keep their blackberry 10 phone.

Love Peace and Share
    05-24-18 08:09 AM
    I'll also work on bookmarks and explore the possibilities of adding website shortcuts opened in beol to the global bb10 application list (or even open a PWA with it) soonish, but sure go ahead, you could just change the initial url given by navigation.js to achieve that.

About the BB10 Android Tools: Are there benefits of wrapping the apk into a bar file, is it smaller or performing better with this change? For emulation I currently use an android avd with a square display resolution (1440x1440), which comes very close to the experience on my passport, but yes, I could potentially use the bb10 emulator to test stuff specific to other BB10 phones I don't have, like the Classic's trackpad.
    It will be a very good functionality to made url short cut pwa

Thanks.

Love Peace and Share
    05-24-18 08:38 AM
    Thanks. For the first time in months i can read my favorite website [link removed] on my passport
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05-24-18 at 12:16 PM. Reason: spammy link removed
    fishlevel likes this.
    05-24-18 10:05 AM
    Update: I've just finished the most basic navigation (backward and forward buttons). New download URL: https://crossnode.org/f/ad09213367314721adaf/?dl=1
    (I will attach new releases directly to github in the future to have a central point of reference)

In the future I'd also add an option to touch longer on one of the buttons and then get the full history of the tab, to directly jump back/forth to a specific history item, but that's postponed for now.

Please also note that I had some spare time this week which is why things are developing faster currently. Next weeks I'll be slower..
    lolo9269 likes this.
    05-24-18 11:42 AM
    Thanks. For the first time in months i can read my favorite website [link removed] on my passport
    Nice, glad to hear that!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-24-18 01:54 PM
    Nice, glad to hear that!
    Thank you for doing this and keeping the community posted! I certainly appreciate the effort and I hope you ignore the naysayers. Keep it up and I'll be testing this out soon.

Posted via CB10
    fishlevel likes this.
    05-24-18 04:38 PM
    Please how can i download it?
    05-24-18 05:22 PM
    Please how can i download it?
    Here.

https://crossnode.org/f/ad09213367314721adaf/?dl=1

Love Peace and Share
    05-24-18 11:21 PM
    Sorry, but how do you install this?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    05-24-18 11:47 PM
    Please add DuckDuckGo as a search provider, that'd be super sweet.
    dpgo likes this.
    05-24-18 11:47 PM
    Sorry, but how do you install this?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    Opening the downloaded file should open the application installer. Or do you get an error message?
    05-25-18 04:01 AM
    Will this fix issue of pages that won't load since it's Android based? That is the idea, right?
    05-25-18 04:04 AM
    Please add DuckDuckGo as a search provider, that'd be super sweet.
    Yes, I'm gonna work on the browser settings next, which is necessary for choosing the search engine. I'd also change the default search engine from google to DDG if it renders faster.
    05-25-18 04:04 AM
    Will this fix issue of pages that won't load since it's Android based? That is the idea, right?
    Yes that's exactly the idea. The engine of the default browser is pretty outdated and more and more websites will stop working in the future as they'll rely on features not supported by the native browser.
    05-25-18 04:08 AM
    Yes that's exactly the idea. The engine of the default browser is pretty outdated and more and more websites will stop working in the future as they'll rely on features not supported by the native browser.
    This is a brilliant idea then. I think many will be very grateful and would donate or pay for this solution.
    05-25-18 11:43 AM
    This is a brilliant idea then. I think many will be very grateful and would donate or pay for this solution.
    05-25-18 11:55 AM
    It works fine with the website that Browser doesn't display completely (Opera Mini doesn't either). Adding Web page to home page feature would be great. Don't know if possible with Android Player though. May be more valuable than to add settings, etc?
    Last edited by DonHB; 05-25-18 at 04:59 PM. Reason: To say thanks!
    brookie229 likes this.
    05-25-18 04:57 PM
    Thanks for contuing your work. Can you add localization,
    https://codepen.io/RJLeyra/debug/jxwbMM/
    https://codepen.io/RJLeyra/share/zip/jxwbMM/
    and register with the invokation framework? Ability to use javascript: and data: Also some browsers use their own 'about:','resources' pages. I had been working on pagelets to extend web works browser, webinspector and shockwave for my own use, result is a few debugging tools, interpreter, linter, and some js libraries and docs to implement many things mentioned. A lot of info. If you need any help, I would be happy to.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 05-26-18 at 02:34 PM.
    05-26-18 01:36 PM
    If you have ever seen or heard of mercury browser,
    which runs somewhat ok on BB10 but definitely does not receive updates. It uses something like a client and templates along side it for a file system and downloads folder.

Old Old jquery and ajax with Mercury. I find 3.3.1 works just fine in web applications on BB, Underscore and Backbone are great with it. In fact Anpho's devtools pro uses it. If you write an iframe to local with that console, and use its webview you will see.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 05-26-18 at 02:23 PM.
    05-26-18 02:04 PM
    It works fine with the website that Browser doesn't display completely (Opera Mini doesn't either). Adding Web page to home page feature would be great. Don't know if possible with Android Player though. May be more valuable than to add settings, etc?
    Yes that's the prerequisite of the settings, providing a sidebar or at least another view where miscellaneous things specific to the current page and some global actions/links e.g. to the settings can be added.
    05-28-18 02:16 AM
303 12345 ...