Greetings dear CrackBerry community!
    I proudly present you my app for managing your device's notification modes - Profiler.

Profiler - Long running headless notification mode manager-icon_114.png

Price: 1.99$
    You can download it here: BlackBerry World - Profiler

Profiler Free
    Full featured free version in now available at BB World. The only difference from full version - it is not headless.
    BlackBerry World - Profiler Free

Brief:
    Profiler is a long running headless app that lets you create a scheduled profiles and change notification modes based on your calendar events.

As it is Long Running, it supports OS 10.2.1 only!

Profiles:
    You can predefine a custom profiles with following options:
    Notification mode: Silent, Vibrate Only, Normal, Phone Calls Only, All Alerts Off
    Notification mode settings: Volume, Sound, Vibrate, Led, Preview
    Those custom profiles can be put on schedule, or can be binded to calendar events Busy Statuses.

Scheduled profiles:
    Based on your needs, you can schedule previously created custom profiles.
    Available options: Start/End time, recurrence, rollback profile

Calendar events:
    Calendar based profiles works just like scheduled profiles, with only difference, that they are based on your calendar events. You can set a custom profile for each of 'BusyStatuses' (Free, Busy, Tentative, Out Of Office).

As a real example of this app usage I'll provide you with my standart University day:
    Lectures start at 08:30 and ends at 19:40. Because I find my Z10 vibration too harsh, when device is lying on a desk, I prefer to use 'Silent' mode, but during the breaks it is not too convenient. So I have a scheduled profile with 'Vibrate Only' mode from 08:30 to 20:40, and using a calendar events, the app is switching notification mode to 'Silent' during each lecture.

NOTE:
    On profile timeout, the app will turn on 'Rollback profile', which you can set when creating a scheduled entry. If there is any other scheduled or calendar profile pending, then it will be activated.

App Permissions:
    Essential:
    Run in Background - as it is Long Running Headless
    Notification Control - for accessing/changing Global Notification Modes
    Not essential:
    Calendar - for accessing Calendar Events
    Shared Files - for Backup/restore

New in 1.2.1.1
    Totally reworked UI
    Memory leak issue fixed
    Dark/Bright theme support
    More memory and preformance improvements
    Backup/Restore

Known issues
    Calendar events doesn't work with Work account calendars

Unsure, whether buy it, or not?
    Right now a free version of this app is awaiting approval! So it should be available soon. It will be full featured copy of 'Profiler', with only difference, that it won't be headless.

Screenshots:
    Profiler - Long running headless notification mode manager-splash_768_1280.png Profiler - Long running headless notification mode manager-img_20140309_234434.png
    Profiler - Long running headless notification mode manager-img_20140309_234340.png Profiler - Long running headless notification mode manager-img_20140309_234412.png
    Profiler - Long running headless notification mode manager-img_20140309_234455.png Profiler - Long running headless notification mode manager-img_20140309_234618.png
    Profiler - Long running headless notification mode manager-img_20140309_234655.png Profiler - Long running headless notification mode manager-img_20140309_234707.png
    Profiler - Long running headless notification mode manager-img_20140309_234832.png
    Last edited by ksantor; 09-03-14 at 10:45 AM.
    01-19-14 10:28 PM
    Awesome app. Seems that if the current time is during the time you set for a new profile, the profile won't kick in.

-Posted from CB10 via Z10-
    01-19-14 10:52 PM
    Awesome, downloaded!
    How long do you plan it to be before this hits BlackBerry World?
    01-19-14 10:56 PM
    Wow. Looks pretty similar to my Profile Changer.
    01-19-14 11:04 PM
    Yes, the newly created profile won't be activated, if it's 'start time' is before current time, but I think it wouldn't be hard to fix it.

About BlackBerry World, I plan to make a list of bugs, you guys will find during this week, and after fixing them, I'll submit the app.

About similarities, it's hard to do something absolutely different with the same idea. The same way like all ToDo lists are similar.

From CB10 with Z10 STL100-1 on 10.2.1.1055
    01-19-14 11:12 PM
    As long as the ui is different and the name isn't too close you will likely get through vetting.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/isvp...BFB4-ONXN-GKQX

I have an app that I'm looking to get published ( a lot less useful than yours) but I'm waiting on approval to be a vendor. ( then I need to wait for the app to be reviewed and approved, and wait some more if i apply for BFB)

I'm Sure your app will be a great hit.

01-19-14 11:24 PM
    A couple suggestions for future updates.
    ?Ability to create a profile
    ?An option to show the events in a grid view

ksantor likes this.
    01-19-14 11:41 PM
    Good luck with your new app and as always, thanks for supporting the bb10 platform.
    ksantor likes this.
    01-20-14 12:11 AM
    A couple suggestions for future updates.
    ?Ability to create a profile
    ?An option to show the events in a grid view

Profiles with more custom features will be implemented.
    Grid view - may be tricky from UI point of view, but I'll keep in mind for sure.

From CB10 with Z10 STL100-1 on 10.2.1.1055
    01-20-14 12:20 AM
    Thank you for supporting BB10 with you work.
    ksantor likes this.
    01-20-14 12:33 AM
    Hey, I see you got it on BlackBerry World. Congrats!

ksantor likes this.
    01-21-14 03:35 AM
    Can I create a profile with your app where various notification types get different volume levels? Ex:
    Calls: volume10
    Bbm: volume8
    Email: volume6

Certain events are more important during different profile times so I would like to be able to adjust their individual volumes accordingly. Exactly like we used to be able to do it in BBOS

Posted via Q10 on CB10
    01-21-14 03:47 AM
    Can I create a profile with your app where various notification types get different volume levels? Ex:
    Calls: volume10
    Bbm: volume8
    Email: volume6

Certain events are more important during different profile times so I would like to be able to adjust their individual volumes accordingly. Exactly like we used to be able to do it in BBOS

Posted via Q10 on CB10
    It's just default notifications mode for now, but more custom features will come in future updates.
    Particulary 'Custom Profiles' is No. 2 in my ToDo list. (No. 1 - settings per each calendar account)
    01-21-14 04:13 AM
    It's just default notifications mode for now, but more custom features will come in future updates.
    Particulary 'Custom Profiles' is No. 2 in my ToDo list. (No. 1 - settings per each calendar account)
    Awesome! I will be following this app for sure. Keep up the good work! I'll gladly buy it when I can create custom profiles. Calendar integration doesn't matter to me as I do it all manually but I want to be able to pick between a few custom profiles. Not just slide the global volume up/down..
    Cheers!

Posted via Q10 on CB10
    ksantor likes this.
    01-22-14 02:27 AM
    Update 1.0.1.0 (BB World is not yet refreshed) - separate settings for each calendar.
    Next step - custom profiles.
    01-25-14 06:25 PM
    Wow. Looks pretty similar to my Profile Changer.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ?
    01-25-14 07:07 PM
    Calendar based profiles works just like scheduled profiles, with only difference, that they are based on your calendar events. you can set a notification mode for all 'BusyStatuses' (Free, Busy, Tentative, Out Of Office). Right now these settings are global. Settings per calendar account are coming in the future updates.
    Nice App. As there are a lot of things not working with LED apps and my BES based account, I would like to know if it is working with business calendar?
    01-26-14 09:28 AM
    Nice App. As there are a lot of things not working with LED apps and my BES based account, I would like to know if it is working with business calendar?
    Theoretically it should work with any calendar account as long as it (account) is synced with your device, but honestly, I haven't had a chance to test it, have no BES =(

If you can sideload the *.bar file, feel free to test it (see the link in the post above).
    01-26-14 11:19 AM
    Theoretically it should work with any calendar account as long as it (account) is synced with your device, but honestly, I haven't had a chance to test it, have no BES =(

If you can sideload the *.bar file, feel free to test it (see the link in the post above).
    Thanks. I will test it, as soon as I received my 10.2.1 update.
    01-26-14 11:55 AM
    Due to app major update and upcoming release of Profiler Free, *.bar file for Profiler have been removed.
    You can still PM/email me for older version (1.1.0.1) *.bar if you want.
    03-12-14 07:15 AM
    What permissions does this need to function, i.e what ones are not essential for it to work,will it work if I turn off calendar ? Any idea when the free version will be available to try?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 12:31 PM
    Calendar permission is not mandatory, unless you would like to use calendar events, others two (notification control and run in background) are essential.

Free version is already approved, but I'd like to take another week (maybe 4-5 days) to add some missing features and fix some minor bugs. Then I'll post it to BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 12:46 PM
    Calendar permission is not mandatory, unless you would like to use calendar events, others two (notification control and run in background) are essential.

Free version is already approved, but I'd like to take another week (maybe 4-5 days) to add some missing features and fix some minor bugs. Then I'll post it to BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    Brilliant thanks, I can't wait to try it.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 01:41 PM
    Posted a link to free (non headless) version. You can try it now!
    For those, who don't want to look in the first post, here is the link: Profiler Free
    FF22 likes this.
    03-18-14 04:39 AM
    I know it was on you 'to do' list, but did you ever get custom profiles to work?

Posted via Q10 on CB10
    04-15-14 04:02 AM
47 12