Would it be possible in a future versions to directly invoke BB10's built-in Bedside Mode? That way we get the notifications and the "night-time"clock to run at the same time.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-15-14 06:41 AM
    I know it was on you 'to do' list, but did you ever get custom profiles to work?

Posted via Q10 on CB10
    If you mean custom profiles for different apps (BBM, e-mail, Twitter etc.) - then no, haven't managed to implement it yet.

Would it be possible in a future versions to directly invoke BB10's built-in Bedside Mode? That way we get the notifications and the "night-time"clock to run at the same time.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately there is no API for triggering bedside mode yet, so can't be implemented =(
    04-15-14 02:08 PM
    Re bedside mode ... that's too bad. Hopefully a bunch of api's will open up soon. Thanks for reply.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 05:58 PM
    If you mean custom profiles for different apps (BBM, e-mail, Twitter etc.) - then no, haven't managed to implement it yet.
    Yes, that it what I was curious about.
    I'd like a profile when I can set call volume to 10, bbm to 8, text 7, emails 5, etc... I dislike everything being the same volume as some things are more important to have loud vs the mass emails that come in
    Maybe I will have to download the notification sounds to my computer and edit them individually to have different respective volumes...

But I still would like 'loud' 'normal' 'quiet' 'vibrate' etc profiles to choose from instead of a mass volume up/down control. Like bbos has. That is beyond the scope of your app development though (if it's even possible to do?)

Posted via Q10 on CB10
    04-16-14 03:04 PM
    I'd like a profile when I can set call volume to 10, bbm to 8, text 7, emails 5, etc... I dislike everything being the same volume as some things are more important to have loud vs the mass emails that come in
    Maybe I will have to download the notification sounds to my computer and edit them individually to have different respective volumes...

But I still would like 'loud' 'normal' 'quiet' 'vibrate' etc profiles to choose from instead of a mass volume up/down control. Like bbos has. That is beyond the scope of your app development though (if it's even possible to do?)

If I'm not mistaken, RIM/BlackBerry removed that functionality or APIs that used to exist in BBOS from BB10. For example, you used to be able to set per-tone volume in the legacy version of BerryBuzz/BeBuzz, but no notification apps for BB10 that I've ever seen can do that, including Bebuzz 10 Pro.

There are some really cheesy attempted workarounds - like how Hub++ apparently tries to raise the media or notifications volume shortly before firing a notification tone, and then lower it back to the previous level. (But doesn't work right 3/4 of the time, and sounds awfully strange if some other process triggers a sound during that window of 'adjustment')
    ksantor likes this.
    04-16-14 07:27 PM
    Yea I wondered if that functionality was removed... too bad. I really liked that. I guess I'll have to edit the sound clips to adjust their volumes individually.

Posted via Q10 on CB10
    04-16-14 11:59 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, RIM/BlackBerry removed that functionality or APIs that used to exist in BBOS from BB10. For example, you used to be able to set per-tone volume in the legacy version of BerryBuzz/BeBuzz, but no notification apps for BB10 that I've ever seen can do that, including Bebuzz 10 Pro.

There are some really cheesy attempted workarounds - like how Hub++ apparently tries to raise the media or notifications volume shortly before firing a notification tone, and then lower it back to the previous level. (But doesn't work right 3/4 of the time, and sounds awfully strange if some other process triggers a sound during that window of 'adjustment')
    Exactly.
    Current API give no options to set volume per notification type. Even native BB10 notifications menu doesn't let you do it. So the only workaround (at least in my mind) is to catch an incoming notification (BBM, email, call etc.), and trigger predefined volume for that notification (setting it back, when notification event is finished). But this is quite a dirty workaround, and it can be quite buggy, if two, or more notifications will occur simultaneously. I wouldn't like to implement anything like that in my app.
    04-17-14 11:31 AM
    Makes sense.. I don't blame you for not wanting to integrate a buggy workaround feature like that into your app.
    Thanks for looking into it! and the clarification why it won't work
    Cheers

Posted via Q10 on CB10
    ksantor likes this.
    04-17-14 11:37 AM
    I'm puzzled by the app's behavior, but I'm probably doing something wrong.

I have two profiles set, "night" and "day". The first has notifications set to "silent", the second to "normal ". The schedule has "night" running from 9pm to 7am, with it rolling back to "day" on timeout.

When I start Profiler (free version, so no headless) during the day it immediately runs the "night" profile. Shouldn?t it wait until 9pm?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 03:09 PM
    I'm puzzled by the app's behavior, but I'm probably doing something wrong.

I have two profiles set, "night" and "day". The first has notifications set to "silent", the second to "normal ". The schedule has "night" running from 9pm to 7am, with it rolling back to "day" on timeout.

When I start Profiler (free version, so no headless) during the day it immediately runs the "night" profile. Shouldn?t it wait until 9pm?

Posted via CB10
    PM'd you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-17-14 05:34 PM
    Thanks ... I'm not at my pc and I don't think I can read the pm on the crackberry app, but I think I figured it out. The night profile was set as the default. Was wondering what the star meant :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 05:52 PM
    What is the best way to upgrade from the free version to the paid version without losing the profiles and schedule I've already defined?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 08:30 AM
    What is the best way to upgrade from the free version to the paid version without losing the profiles and schedule I've already defined?

Posted via CB10
    Just make a backup in free version and then restore it in the paid one. Backups are fully compatible.

And as they are a separate apps, you can have both installed simultaneously.
    04-20-14 08:59 AM
    By the way, good news is, that I'm working on an update, that will include GPS based profiles!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    katesbb and Akuji_ism like this.
    04-20-14 09:00 AM
    Thanks. Done and upgraded.

Posted via CB10
    ksantor likes this.
    04-20-14 09:54 AM
    Profiler - Long running headless notification mode manager-img_20140421_181251_384_640.jpg

A little sneak peak of what is coming in the future update.

Posted via CB10
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    04-21-14 10:17 AM
    Looking for volunteers to test the latest update (Geo profiles, some bug fixes)
    If interested, please PM me, and I'll explain everything.

P.S. only 10 accounts are allowed for testing (BlackBerry World limitation).
    04-23-14 05:09 AM
    For those, who are interested:
    Latest update 1.3.1.2 features GEO profiles, and, what is more important, the app is now Built for BlackBerry approved!
    Yay!
    05-07-14 01:38 PM
    Congrats on ur app!! I haven't tried it yet, but it appears to be quite a sleek one.

I too was building a calendar integrated profile changer, but since you have beaten me to it, here are some features you might find interesting:

1) include a buffer time for events, like the profile changes 5 minutes before the event starts and reverts back 10 mins after the event ends... usually professor drags on the lecture for extra 10 mins

2) use keywords to filter events, like on events marked 'study hydraulics', even tho I am marking it as busy, I still want my phone to ring....

Best of luck

Posted via CB10
    ksantor likes this.
    05-08-14 07:03 AM
    Congrats on ur app!! I haven't tried it yet, but it appears to be quite a sleek one.

I too was building a calendar integrated profile changer, but since you have beaten me to it, here are some features you might find interesting:

1) include a buffer time for events, like the profile changes 5 minutes before the event starts and reverts back 10 mins after the event ends... usually professor drags on the lecture for extra 10 mins

2) use keywords to filter events, like on events marked 'study hydraulics', even tho I am marking it as busy, I still want my phone to ring....

Best of luck

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your suggestions!

About the first one - I'll look into it for sure! But for myself, I set up one 'Quiet' scheduled profile to be active during whole day of studies, and then calendar events are triggering 'Silent' profile during lectures.

About the second one, you can mark this event as, for eg., 'Tentative', and set a different profile for 'Tentative' events in app settings. This is pretty much why I didn't implemented keywords. Can't really imagine, how 4 busy statuses (and as a possible result 4 different profiles) can't be enough during the day. But, maybe, it is just because I'm not using calendar so much =)

Maybe this tips will come handy to you, if you decide to try out my app. =)
    Utkarsh likes this.
    05-08-14 08:54 AM
    Sorry for going off topic on your thread, but since you have already implemented geo feature to decide profile, can you implement something like when ever the positions are being changed at a fast rate, (ie I am driving) turn my bluetooth on and turn it off when the location becomes constant... ie stopped driving, not in car....

I think apis to switch bluetooth are available...

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 11:52 PM
    Sorry for going off topic on your thread, but since you have already implemented geo feature to decide profile, can you implement something like when ever the positions are being changed at a fast rate, (ie I am driving) turn my bluetooth on and turn it off when the location becomes constant... ie stopped driving, not in car....

I think apis to switch bluetooth are available...

Posted via CB10
    GPS by it's nature is a battery killer. The feature you are talking about will be very battery hungry!
    Theoretically there is a possibility to implement similar feature, but it may not be as good as you would like it to be.

P.S. Some users already reported extremely high power consumption after the last update (1.3.1.2), so the new update is coming shortly. It will be a bugfix, so no new features.
    Utkarsh likes this.
    05-09-14 02:43 AM
47 12