I had a problem of my contacts vanishing
    I must to deleted and reinstalled the app and they were back again.
    When fix it?
    03-16-13 01:32 AM
    I had a problem of my contacts vanishing
    I must to deleted and reinstalled the app and they were back again.
    When fix it?

This has been answered here many times. Please scroll back and read the answers from the last 6 hours prior to your post.
    pandapurple and NightSlayer like this.
    03-16-13 04:18 AM
    I suspected the same thing but the hypothesis doesn't hold up when openwhatsapp has no such issue.

Openwhatsapp initially loaded my contacts (large list) quickly, and regular startup is near instant. WhatsApp took over 20 mins for initial load and hangs for several minutes on every regular startup.

As a person who has never even seen, much less used, this app - the following is pure speculation, but:

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason things are quite a bit different on BB10 compared to other platforms (and previous Blackberry platforms) is all the linking that is done with contacts and all the social media services and so on. It's not just looking at a static contact list on the device, it has to go out to the internet and update all those inter-relationships.

I'm guessing that WhatsApp updates all those links on boot or restart or app launch, to make sure they're current. It's not just a simple address book, it's an addressbook, linked to LinkedIn, linked to Facebook, linked to BBM, linked to WhatsApp...

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 06:38 AM
    I suspected the same thing but the hypothesis doesn't hold up when openwhatsapp has no such issue.

Openwhatsapp initially loaded my contacts (large list) quickly, and regular startup is near instant. WhatsApp took over 20 mins for initial load and hangs for several minutes on every regular startup.

Right but OpenWhatsApp is an Android app, not a Blackberry 10 app. So it has no link to the Blackberry Hub at all, just like an Android app. So it's no surprise it works just like the Android version, because it is the Android version.
    03-16-13 06:48 AM
    Says the guy who has used neither...

No, openwhatsapp is native, or least as native as can be, certainly more so than whatsapp. It doesn't have access to the hub but neither does whatsapp. Openwhatsapp will be able to use the workaround thru notifications, same as whatsapp did. Hopefully they introduce it in a coming update.

Right but OpenWhatsApp is an Android app, not a Blackberry 10 app. So it has no link to the Blackberry Hub at all, just like an Android app. So it's no surprise it works just like the Android version, because it is the Android version.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 07:21 AM
    All true blue BlackBerry fans should support apps that are via BB World. Make it a world of difference for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 07:38 AM
    Says the guy who has used neither...

No, openwhatsapp is native, or least as native as can be, certainly more so than whatsapp. It doesn't have access to the hub but neither does whatsapp. Openwhatsapp will be able to use the workaround thru notifications, same as whatsapp did. Hopefully they introduce it in a coming update.

Posted via CB10
    Uhhh whatsapp does have access to the hub, as when you get a message you will get a notification in the hub. Not only that whatsapp doesn't need to be running all the time ie you don't need to have it as an active frame, which open WhatsApp needs in order to receive messages. That in itself proves that whatsapp is native albeit a poor native version. Openwhatsapp as far as I know cannot use push technology as they don't own it, whatsapp do. So that's why it needs to run as an active frame to get notifications etc. Unless they have fixed that, I wouldn't know as I don't use Openwhatsapp anymore.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 07:59 AM
    Please help! I cant see any of my contacts statusses? Is it maybe a setting?
    03-16-13 08:16 AM
    Well perhaps I was mistaken, I thought that OpenWhatsApp had to be sideloaded on a Z10..

Sideloaded apps, by definition, are not native apps.
    03-16-13 08:26 AM
    Well perhaps I was mistaken, I thought that OpenWhatsApp had to be sideloaded on a Z10..

Sideloaded apps, by definition, are not native apps.
    I've sideloaded native apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 08:32 AM
    I've sideloaded native apps.
    Yep, I just looked that up. Talking out of my b*tt again.
    03-16-13 08:33 AM
    Please help! I cant see any of my contacts statusses? Is it maybe a setting?
    It might just be one of the many contact based issues people are experiencing. If it's not a settings issue, maybe just wait for the next update, and it may get resolved.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 08:35 AM
    No worries. I'm a dirty thieving pirate.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 08:36 AM
    All true blue BlackBerry fans should support apps that are via BB World. Make it a world of difference for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    So you download all the garbage that's available in bb world? A "True Blue BlackBerry Fan" would...

I've informed BlackBerry of my thoughts on whatsapp, and that I hope they consider openwhatsapp for approval when it is submitted. I've provided as much support to blackberry over the years as I could, but I will never support software that doesn't work properly and is half effort. That sends the developer the wrong message and does blackberry no good.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 09:55 AM
    You made the same point twice. It's not true integration but gets the job done, and I believe openwhatsapp can do the same.

WhatsApp servers are open for developers. Openwhatsapp is just a front end, whatsapp still gets the revenue stream.

Uhhh whatsapp does have access to the hub, as when you get a message you will get a notification in the hub. Not only that whatsapp doesn't need to be running all the time ie you don't need to have it as an active frame, which open WhatsApp needs in order to receive messages. That in itself proves that whatsapp is native albeit a poor native version. Openwhatsapp as far as I know cannot use push technology as they don't own it, whatsapp do. So that's why it needs to run as an active frame to get notifications etc. Unless they have fixed that, I wouldn't know as I don't use Openwhatsapp anymore.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 09:58 AM
    Usually android apps but apparently some apps aren't approve by BlackBerry world or at least quickly. Though I find it hard to believe. Judging by some of the quality I've seen, they seem to allow everything. (yeah yeah, same bs as the others but I was hoping BlackBerry might be different)

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 10:05 AM
    So you download all the garbage that's available in bb world? A "True Blue BlackBerry Fan" would...

I've informed BlackBerry of my thoughts on whatsapp, and that I hope they consider openwhatsapp for approval when it is submitted. I've provided as much support to blackberry over the years as I could, but I will never support software that doesn't work properly and is half effort. That sends the developer the wrong message and does blackberry no good.

Posted via CB10
    No, I don't download nonsense. There are a lot of ridiculous apps on BB World. Then again, that's my opinion.

I was referring specifically to OpenWhatsApp and WhatsApp from BB World. So don't take me out of context.

I hardly have apps on my Z10. Never been a apps junkie and never will.
    03-16-13 10:05 AM
    Yes, I didn't mean to suggest you downloaded the "70k Apps" (wonder how many weather apps we're up to)

You may be one of the group that doesn't have technical issues with whatsapp but there are many of us. I don't consider that to be quality. And the missing features from past versions is shocking. Maybe it's just mine, but when you open a contact from whatsapp, you see their phone number but can you call them without opening a link back to BlackBerry contacts?

No, I don't download nonsense. There are a lot of ridiculous apps on BB World. Then again, that's my opinion.

I was referring specifically to OpenWhatsApp and WhatsApp from BB World. So don't take me out of context.

I hardly have apps on my Z10. Never been a apps junkie and never will.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 10:30 AM
    Maybe it's just mine, but when you open a contact from whatsapp, you see their phone number but can you call them without opening a link back to BlackBerry contacts?
    Posted via CB10
    I hadn't tried it before to be honest, because I always go to my Phone App and I've already set up all my Quick Dials there. As a result, I hadn't even ventured out of the Phone App to call anyone. The Z10 Contacts are integrated with the Phone and that would be what I would use, to call anyone outside of my Quick Dials.

That said, I went into WhatsApp's Contacts by your prompting, and realised that I can't even open up a Contact. It's just a mirror list of my Z10 Contacts. Nothing more. So I don't know how you manage to open up a contact in WhatsApp as described. ????
    03-16-13 10:41 AM
    Did you wait? Did you refresh whatsapp contacts first then favourites ?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. I pressed refresh and then closed the app down all together. /sarcasm

Tried it again this morning and presto it worked. Would have been nice if it worked the first 8 times I had done it. Wont be surprised if they vanish again as they have already done 3 times now.
    03-16-13 10:50 AM
    Tried it again this morning and presto it worked. Would have been nice if it worked the first 8 times I had done it. Wont be surprised if they vanish again as they have already done 3 times now.
    Well, I don't know what else to say .... good luck. Be warned that if you shut down your Z10 & reboot, the list will be zero again. BUT it will automatically be restored. Give it a little time. If you have 1000 Contacts list, it will take more than someone who has under 500 contacts.
    mikeycollins13 likes this.
    03-16-13 10:55 AM
    And for what it's worth, the developer has already stated that the "contact loss on restart" is a known issue that they will be issuing a fix for.
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-16-13 04:13 PM
    I had the same problem with contacts after rebooting the device. Un/reinstall fixed it so far, but I'm not quite sure if it solved the problem.
    07-31-13 03:12 AM
    I don't see an option for broadcasting message...is the functionality not there?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 01:00 PM
    My notification for WhatsApp is not working... anyone experience that? I actually tried upgrading to another leaked OS but still the problem exist. No alert tone nor the LED notification as well.

Also the loading of chat is laggy especially when the chat history is long...
    08-01-13 08:02 AM
103 ... 2345