I have this problem and I just reinstalled it, but everytime I add a contact it doesn't see it. Bit of a pain.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 09:30 AM
    Is there a way to remove contacts from Whatsapp? When I installed it, the app went through my contacts and added everyone with Whatsapp to my favourites. I have about 1500 contacts (most work related) and it largely removes the BBM equivalency if I have to scroll through hundreds of contacts to send a message. I also want to remove the possibility of accidentally sending a personal message to a business contact.
    03-15-13 09:34 AM
    Is there a way to remove contacts from Whatsapp? When I installed it, the app went through my contacts and added everyone with Whatsapp to my favourites. I have about 1500 contacts (most work related) and it largely removes the BBM equivalency if I have to scroll through hundreds of contacts to send a message. I also want to remove the possibility of accidentally sending a personal message to a business contact.
    You can't edit the Favourites list. It isn't that easy to make the accidental mistake. In case you don't know, if your business contacts have had your mobile number saved on their phones, when they refer to their own Favourites list, they can see that you have WhatsApp too. So they can message you, if they wish.

The only workaround I can think of, is that you add them to your Blocked Contacts. You would have a lot of work to do.
    NightSlayer likes this.
    03-15-13 09:40 AM
    I have this problem and I just reinstalled it, but everytime I add a contact it doesn't see it. Bit of a pain.

Posted via CB10
    Refresh. Refresh. Refresh.
    03-15-13 09:40 AM
    You can't edit the Favourites list. It isn't that easy to make the accidental mistake. In case you don't know, if your business contacts have had your mobile number saved on their phones, when they refer to their own Favourites list, they can see that you have WhatsApp too. So they can message you, if they wish.

The only workaround I can think of, is that you add them to your Blocked Contacts. You would have a lot of work to do.
    That's the only way I could find, too. It's so *** backwards I figured I was missing something. Clumsy program, isn't it?
    03-15-13 09:57 AM
    Hello..

.I can't see my contacts at all!! I've tired deleting, uninstalling, rebooting...nothing work!! help
    Attached Thumbnails Problems with WhatsApp-img486.jpg   Problems with WhatsApp-img487.jpg   Problems with WhatsApp-img485-1-.jpg   Problems with WhatsApp-img486-1-.jpg   Problems with WhatsApp-img487.jpg  

Problems with WhatsApp-img485.jpg  
    03-15-13 10:08 AM
    Hello..

.I can't see my contacts at all!! I've tired deleting, uninstalling, rebooting...nothing work!! help
    What Im wondering in these pics, is why do you still have that plastic still on the screen? =S
    bert106 likes this.
    03-15-13 10:18 AM
    Are your contacts on the sim or on the phone? Maybe that can cause a problem(just speculation though)
    03-15-13 10:19 AM
    Amazing that this release is so buggy, constant problems and to be honest, for me, it's almost useless. Spend more time deleting, reinstalling, rebooting just to have a convocation with someone. Well tested whatsapp, guys, well tested.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 11:09 AM
    I found having contacts linked with different mobile numbers created problems. I couldn't see my other half on there, then I unlinked as the phone kept wanting to put the telephone number linked to fb on top, rather than the one she was using.
    And now, after a refresh it works. Pain in the a*** though having unlinked accounts!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 11:53 AM
    Check the app permissioning, some people have found the access to contacts turned off.

But aside from that, this application version is total crap. Weak effort, and I'll keep mentioning it until the developer acknowledges it or that reviewer that posted a video recently says so. It's is a better version in OS 6/7 - total insanity!!

Hello..

03-15-13 12:13 PM
    I'm having problems with the contact list too, only shows the first 15 contacts with no name, and the chat list shows numbers and no names!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 01:11 PM
    Contacts disappeared after reboot. Deleted app and reinstalled. Now ok again.

Something weird going on.

Posted via CB10
    Yep same thing with mine but whatsapp have said that they are looking into it and will provide an update for that issue.

Tempted to re-install, but I currently have 'Lifetime service' - the Yorkshire man in me doesn't want to risk having to pay a yearly sub....
    Ive deleted and re-installed Whatsapp about 5 times now and everytime i still have a lifetime sub. Whatsapp is tied into your number so if you have lifetime service then it will automatically put you on that when you put your number in again when its setting up.

And even if you had to pay a yearly sub, its only a buck or a quid..depending on where you live...hardly bank busting is it??
    03-15-13 01:15 PM
    I see 0 contacts
    03-15-13 03:43 PM
    I see 0 contacts
    Keep refreshing/reinstalling, contacts come and go. It's really looking like the developers released this prematurely. Probably because they got sick of the endless emails wanting to know when it would be released.

This has been my first exposure to the program, and to say it's tragic at the moment seems an understatement. I'm trusting in the fact that people who are familiar with it speak highly. Nothing to do but patiently wait.... and ***** incessantly on CB, or course.
    03-15-13 04:29 PM
    Keep refreshing/reinstalling, contacts come and go.
    My understanding is that it's best to refresh contacts, then wait a few minutes, then do the same with favorites. Key being: be patient. The developer has stated that they will fix the contacts disappearing on restart in a subsequent update.

Whatsapp app is awesome (post #8133929)

This is just bullll......i am unable to get the upgraded Os cause it keep telling me I have the latest one already which is not cause its the 10.0.10.261 I have.....and without the new and upgraded Os I can't install whatsapp......This is very lame and poor
    See the post linked below for minimum OS requirements.

Whatsapp Available Today! (post #8133894)
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-15-13 07:20 PM
    I'm using whatsapp with the same number for 3 years on my first bb storm 9530 and on the next one torch 9860 and now on the Z10 everytime when the year will finish and whatsapp is going to work only if i paid they renew it for me for one more year with out paying anything.. don't know if that happened to someone else but it's great for me

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 07:54 PM
    ok this is a fix for the missing contacts problem.

1) Refresh Contacts list, Be patient because it is slow, give it 5 mins max

2) Refresh Favourites List

Your contacts have returned
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-15-13 10:16 PM
    I hear an echoooo....
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-15-13 11:09 PM
    i had to reinstall my app, it worked great for like 2 hours then it broke again.. contacts, favorites etc etc, bleh.
    03-15-13 11:11 PM
    i had to reinstall my app, it worked great for like 2 hours then it broke again.. contacts, favorites etc etc, bleh.
    My WhatsApp is stable. There is not need to reinstall. Really. Refresh your WhatsApp Contacts, which will pull contacts from your Z10, and {WAIT} then refresh your Favourites, which will pull in contacts who are using WhatsApp. {WAIT}

Just say you go on and add a few more contacts in your Z10. And you don't see the new contacts in WhatsApp. What do you do? Refresh WhatsApp Contacts again, and refresh Favourites again.
    03-15-13 11:49 PM
    For those having problems and who has the side loaded version too ... I would also suggest go try deleting the side loaded version. I notice that it tends to mess up the notifications

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 11:58 PM
    As a person who has never even seen, much less used, this app - the following is pure speculation, but:

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason things are quite a bit different on BB10 compared to other platforms (and previous Blackberry platforms) is all the linking that is done with contacts and all the social media services and so on. It's not just looking at a static contact list on the device, it has to go out to the internet and update all those inter-relationships.

I'm guessing that WhatsApp updates all those links on boot or restart or app launch, to make sure they're current. It's not just a simple address book, it's an addressbook, linked to LinkedIn, linked to Facebook, linked to BBM, linked to WhatsApp...
    03-15-13 11:59 PM
    ive done this refresh thing you speak of like 5 times at least. still not workin.
    03-16-13 12:02 AM
    ive done this refresh thing you speak of like 5 times at least. still not workin.
    Did you wait? Did you refresh whatsapp contacts first then favourites ?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 12:13 AM
103 12345