Hi guys, I have a beautiful q10, and i would like to change my profile pic on WHATSAPP.

I choose my new pic, i edit it, and when i touch "SAVE" the pic upload herself just a second and then it doesn t change it.

Anyone the same problem?

When i wanna change my profile pic with a picture not Edited it works..when i cut it, change darkness or something like that..it doesnt upload the new profile pic.. HELP !!!
    antikorr likes this.
    06-24-13 05:44 AM
    Hi guys, I have a beautiful q10, and i would like to change my profile pic on WHATSAPP.

I choose my new pic, i edit it, and when i touch "SAVE" the pic upload herself just a second and then it doesn t change it.

Anyone the same problem?

When i wanna change my profile pic with a picture not Edited it works..when i cut it, change darkness or something like that..it doesnt upload the new profile pic.. HELP !!!
    I'll tap your thread up and see if we have a user with a Q10 that has some suggestions that may help.
    07-02-13 10:01 AM
    I also have a problem with whatsapp profile photo on my q10. Whichever photo i chose it says Photo error - the selected photo could not be loaded. I tried using several photos i had on my bb, i tried taking a photo directly with the cam and i have sent various photos via email and saved them..always the same problem appears. Any solutions?
    07-17-13 04:41 PM
    Second that.

Strangely enough, but WhatsApp allows me to set up some images as my profile pic, while rejecting others. Can't figure out the reason. Anyways, it's frustrating.

Q10, OS 10.1.0.4687 running the latest version of WhatsApp available.

UPDATE!

I was able to avoid the issue by downgrading the size of the image I want to set as my profile picture. The one I had problems with was 350 KB. When I made it 150 KB (by reducing the image quality a bit) WhatsApp accepted it as my profile pic with no flaws.

Still, a very strange issue as we all know that WhatsApp compresses the images itself.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by antikorr; 08-06-13 at 01:56 AM.
    08-04-13 12:53 PM
    Hi, l don't know how to go about changing my whatsapp status & profile pic on my Z10. If someone has an idea Please Help....
    09-21-13 03:51 AM
    Hi, l don't know how to go about changing my whatsapp status & profile pic on my Z10. If someone has an idea Please Help....
    Are you serious about not knowing how to change status? Have you tried swiping from the left of the screen? (basic BB10 gesture). There should be an option there.

If you want to change profile picture you need to access the app setting by swiping down from the top (also basic BB10 gesture for any app settings)

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 01:30 PM

Anyone the same problem?

I have a similar problem with whatsapp on my Z10 with the latest 10.2.1.1055 leak...haven't tried to see if it's limited to non edited or edited pics though. It was working fine until I installed the leak.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 12:45 PM
    I have problems changing my dp too on my z10. I temporarily solved it by editing the pic size via photo studio (free) and reduced it to a square of 460x460 and the file size was about 25kb.

In the past WA automatically reduced the quality....so wth is going on is beyond me...

I flick! Do you?
    11-22-13 01:40 AM
    I'm on 10.2.1.1055 too and have the same issue, not only I'm not able to change the pic but also places a new copy of that pic in the gallery. I'll try to reduce the size.

Ps: don't know if it happens on my Z10 as well as on my Q10 as I deleted whatsapp already XD

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 03:02 AM
    I'm on 10.2.1.1055 too and have the same issue, not only I'm not able to change the pic but also places a new copy of that pic in the gallery. I'll try to reduce the size.

Ps: don't know if it happens on my Z10 as well as on my Q10 as I deleted whatsapp already XD

Posted via CB10
    I have the identical issue

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 03:32 PM
    I just wanted to make a comment on the whole profile pic debacle. There actually is a bug after all (v2.11.134 and earlier), and it will be fixed in the next version. The bug is that if the photo (after cropping) is too big, its not auto-downscaled by the app, doesn't meet our photo data size limits, and gets rejected.

The workaround is to start with a much smaller photo, or simply make sure you've prepared a 640x640 image before selecting it.
    11-26-13 02:41 PM
    forget the profile pic, you Q10 guys have a normal orientation camera?

its so hard taking a picture lol
    11-27-13 10:24 AM