I'm not sure whether this is a Facebook issue or BB10 issue.
    Is there a way to get only a FB notification when someone sends me a Private message and not with every single action related to me that happens in the timeline (specially the little world globe with red number) for example if someone likes my post or someone else shares something that I posted, etc.
    I don't want to receive all those notifications every 5 minutes. Only interested in private messages.
    Is this even possible?
    Thanks
    09-05-14 02:45 PM
    I'm not sure whether this is a Facebook issue or BB10 issue.
    Is there a way to get only a FB notification when someone sends me a Private message and not with every single action related to me that happens in the timeline (specially the little world globe with red number) for example if someone likes my post or someone else shares something that I posted, etc.
    I don't want to receive all those notifications every 5 minutes. Only interested in private messages.
    Is this even possible?
    Thanks
    In Facebook from the web (and I think even in the app), you can choose to stop notifications. There's a pull down arrow on each post and you can stop notifications.
    Also, in settings in Facebook, go to Notifications, and set them to off
    09-05-14 03:14 PM
    In Facebook from the web (and I think even in the app), you can choose to stop notifications. There's a pull down arrow on each post and you can stop notifications.
    Also, in settings in Facebook, go to Notifications, and set them to off
    Thanks but I don't think I made myself clear. What you are proposing will stop ALL notifications. I'm talking about receiving only PM notifications in my phone but not "likes" notifications or notifications of comments on a post.
    The web app is fine, I don't want to disable notifications there so that the red numbers still appear on the top banner icons by "Home".
    Only for the phone app, I'm trying to avoid filling my hub with all those notifications, but I still would like to know that I have private messages.
    09-05-14 03:40 PM
    Palosanto,
    That's how I have it set up with me.
    My Z10 only notifies me of direct messages. Only thing is I'm not sure how I got it like that but I believe I went on the main fb site and turned off all the notifications
    Then in the phone app, I adjusted the notifications buttons till I got it just how I like it, so yeah it can be done.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 05:29 PM
    Well, tnanks but for the life of me that I cannot find in the phone app a way to do that. If I go to settings under the top left menu (3 little bars) and under notifications, I only see notifications for Close friends activity, Birthdays, Friend life events, Group posts and notif. from apps, and under that one I don't see the Private messages app either ... do you mind looking into your phone Facebook app settings and see what you have ticked of ? Thanks
    09-05-14 05:53 PM
    I ended up scrapping the BB10 Facebook app and installed the Android version instead. All the options are there and really easy to configure. I have the feeling that these were there in previous FB BB10 versions and somehow disappeared in the latest one. In any case, I'm good now.
    Thanks anyways.
    09-05-14 06:50 PM