I think I follow all the recommendation but probably have miss something... I can set bbm notification but I can't set for individual contact... Can you help?
    04-11-14 01:43 PM
    I think I follow all the recommendation but probably have miss something... I can set bbm notification but I can't set for individual contact... Can you help?
    the current version we have removed bbm contact because the headless app was crashing. we will try to add this back in the future releases.
    04-11-14 02:48 PM
    Has anyone else experienced inconsistency with this app? For instance, after I've charged my phone...Power Tools stops working, e.g. LED and sound notifiers stop. I've been having to reboot my phone at least once a day because of this. Randomly won't work. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 08:57 PM
    Has anyone else experienced inconsistency with this app? For instance, after I've charged my phone...Power Tools stops working, e.g. LED and sound notifiers stop. I've been having to reboot my phone at least once a day because of this. Randomly won't work. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted via CB10
    Yup I have... turn off and turn phone back on
    04-16-14 09:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    I know it's a bit old fashioned, but a battery pull did the trick

No lie.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 10:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do you have any charging sound set? I have not run into this bug. I charge my Z10 at least 3 times a day and Power Tools does not crash.
    04-16-14 11:14 PM
    I know it's a bit old fashioned, but a battery pull did the trick

No need to do a battery-pull on a BB10 device, in fact at this point most new BB10 devices have no removable battery anyway. Just hold down the power button, or both volume buttons simultaneously.

There are cases where a battery pull might cause data corruption, depending on the state of activity when the power is removed abruptly.

Power Tools Frustrating??-z10_ninja_dont_pull_battery.png
    04-16-14 11:27 PM
    No need to do a battery-pull on a BB10 device, in fact at this point most new BB10 devices have no removable battery anyway. Just hold down the power button, or both volume buttons simultaneously.

There are cases where a battery pull might cause data corruption, depending on the state of activity when the power is removed abruptly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z10_ninja_dont_pull_battery.png 
Views:	606 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	263722
    I was definitely hesitant, but I tried the holding down power method twice until restart with no results. Strangely enough, battery pull on the lucky third attempt made the app function in the background as intended. Could have just been a fluke, but thankfully it worked without any adverse effects to the OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 12:00 AM
    I was definitely hesitant, but I tried the holding down power method twice until restart with no results. Strangely enough, battery pull on the lucky third attempt made the app function in the background as intended. Could have just been a fluke, but thankfully it worked without any adverse effects to the OS.

If you hold the button down for a few seconds you should get a screen where you can either select restart or let the device power off. If you hold it down longer, it should just power off.

Or if you hold the volume up/down simultaneously for 20-30 seconds until the screen goes black and then the red LED comes on, it should restart.

If you HOLD the power button for at least 30 seconds and you see NO change in the display at all, then it would be justified to pull the battery - assuming your device even has a removable battery and the device isn't in the middle of an uninterruptible process - ie a security wipe.

But from what I can tell such a scenario is very rare.

If what you are saying re: "no results" actually means "did not fix the app issue after restart", then a POWER OFF will always be equivalent to battery pull because in both cases after it is powered-back up everything has to start from scratch. (Whereas the "restart" button option may be more of a "soft restart" where not all processes are restarted.)
    04-17-14 12:54 AM
    Power tools working ok still no wallpaper switch yellow and white light switched and random leds sometimes but overall it's ok

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 02:46 AM
    Power tools working ok still no wallpaper switch yellow and white light switched and random leds sometimes but overall it's ok

Posted via CB10
    If you have wallpaper set to do sequentially then change to random. there was a bug in that.

also the yellow and white led are switched. it has been fixed in our beta. sorry
    04-17-14 09:15 AM
    If you hold the button down for a few seconds you should get a screen where you can either select restart or let the device power off. If you hold it down longer, it should just power off.

Or if you hold the volume up/down simultaneously for 20-30 seconds until the screen goes black and then the red LED comes on, it should restart.

If you HOLD the power button for at least 30 seconds and you see NO change in the display at all, then it would be justified to pull the battery - assuming your device even has a removable battery and the device isn't in the middle of an uninterruptible process - ie a security wipe.

But from what I can tell such a scenario is very rare.

If what you are saying re: "no results" actually means "did not fix the app issue after restart", then a POWER OFF will always be equivalent to battery pull because in both cases after it is powered-back up everything has to start from scratch. (Whereas the "restart" button option may be more of a "soft restart" where not all processes are restarted.)
    Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I meant I did do the power off by holding down the button until the logo popped up, still to no avail as far as the app function was concerned. The battery pull was probably a fluke, but it made the app work headless as intended.

It's strange because I purchased the app (being that in very pleased with it overall I recommended it to her) on my gfs phone as well, and after having some issues initially, pulling the battery also worked on that occasion. And yes, I also attempted the power down restarts firstly, but the app remained stubborn.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 04:18 PM
    The app works very well.... recently started using the geofencing option.. so far, so good.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 03:24 AM
    Still can't get the wallpaper to change even if it's set on random. It must hate the choices...

Posted with my Z10
    04-18-14 04:08 AM
    The app works very well.... recently started using the geofencing option.. so far, so good.

Posted via CB10
    I tried that for a day and saw quite high battery drain. How's it been for you?

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    04-18-14 04:21 AM
    Same..just changes once picks one and then stays on that one... lol

Still can't get the wallpaper to change even if it's set on random. It must hate the choices...

Posted with my Z10
    04-18-14 06:31 AM
    Same..just changes once picks one and then stays on that one... lol
    Selecting random in stead of sequential, as mentioned, hasn't helped. Does the screen have to be on or something for it to change?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 06:22 PM
    I resynched it as Random it SEEMS to be working.

The way it is supposed to work is it will only work if its slept if you have that option checked or I think it will do it whenever.

Ill post again to confirm it was working I might have dreamed the screen changed wallpaper

Selecting random in stead of sequential, as mentioned, hasn't helped. Does the screen have to be on or something for it to change?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 07:57 PM
    I resynched it as Random it SEEMS to be working.

The way it is supposed to work is it will only work if its slept if you have that option checked or I think it will do it whenever.

Ill post again to confirm it was working I might have dreamed the screen changed wallpaper
    I've always had the sleep option checked, but just realized that when it's supposed to change at midnight, I have it on bed side mode so it's not fully asleep. I'll leave it unchecked tonight and see what happens.

Edit: OK, so finally the wallpaper changed, but now every time I unlock the device I get a toast that says the wallpaper has changed when it hasn't. I think I'm giving up on this app.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bruce73; 04-19-14 at 06:47 AM.
    04-18-14 08:18 PM
    I've done a hard reset a few times and the app is still buggy. I'll get a sound and LED notification for a second time when I go into BBM to check a message...even though I have it set to NOT repeat. Pretty annoying. It started doing this after the update. Before the update, the app worked pretty smoothly for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 10:18 AM
    I dunno i set it to 15 minutes and now its not changing and doing what you said with the toast, was working earlier when I had it set to 30 minutes gonna change it back to 30 and see if i can get it to work again.

It WAS working but I think it was only using 2/3 of my wallpapers... lol
    04-19-14 02:39 PM
    I've decided it's much simpler to just change them manually. Saves a lot of time, lol.

Sent from my Z10 via AT&T
    04-19-14 06:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 06:14 PM
    Well let's hope it's fixed lol

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 07:41 PM
    I hope it gets fixed too. I still get a second sound/LED notifier when checking BBM messages. And my phone will just randomly stop all notifications. If I didn't enjoy the diff colored LED notifiers and sound (e.g. Vespa Horn), I'd delete the App altogether. Still holding out to see if the developer fixes the bugs.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 01:20 AM
75 123