Try Color LED Messages cheaper and simple to use

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 11:58 PM
    Okay here's something new.

I've been using my wife's BBM contact so far (only) while trying to get the LED customization process straight and was not comfortable with what seemed to look like Power Tools creating it's own contact for her rather than adding an additional customizable field to the original contact.

All of a sudden now I've noticed that her contact item which had multiple fields of information in it previously is now gone. Only the BBM contact which only has 'BBM' noted along with her PIN remains.
    I thought that possibly Power Tools was causing her usual Contact entry (which was previously there in addition to the BBM one which remains) to not be visible for some reason so I uninstalled Power Tools hoping that after a restart that my wife's full Contact entry would be restored but it remains missing!
    WTF?!

If Power Tools did not cause this contact entry to be replaced or overwritten then this is an awfully strange coincidence.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 12:30 AM
    ^^^

That is weird.

What happened to me was power tools not even associating a new BBM message with a contact at all.

I wouldn't even get a notification.

Then when.i checked my CPU in device monitor, voila!! Power Tools was not running at all.

Many updates still needed for it in terms of ease of use, and functionality.

Once done I will 100% re download.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 01:27 AM
    I feel frustrated too because it always crashed(Power Tools not shown in memory tab inside Device Monitor) in the background and causes the notification sounds and LED totally not working at all unless I restart my Q10.
    Please fix it ASAP or the 3.99 is totally a waste.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 07:05 AM
    The only reason I bought Power Tools over the other LED apps is because of the wave feature. I like how the native LED you can simple click the top botton and the LED turns off but I find that (and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) with the other apps you need to actually open the message for the LED to turn off... Sometime I want to answer later and I just want the LED to go off. (I hope I was clear lol I can re-explain)

Anyhow I find that the LED does NOT always come on and it definitively doesn't go on forever as advertise (which is an other reason I bought the app)

Im not saying the LED never comes on, Im saying it doesn't ALWAYS come on and for sure its not forever.

(The only thing I didnt do on the check list is change the sound... I wanted to keep the old/original sounds from BB but I doubt that has any effects on the LED does it?)
    03-24-14 04:46 PM
    Moreover, if I restart my phone, I need to turn it OFF then back ON otherwise the wave feature does NOT work.

I also find that if I have an email, an SMS and a FB notification, the 3 different LEDs wont flash back to back to back, only one will flash most of the time.
    03-24-14 11:50 PM
    I actually like the level of customization it gives me and I don't find it difficult to set up. It's been working fine, and the only glitch that threw me off was that BBM was taken out of Messages and put into Apps...so I wasn't getting notifications from bbm for a few hours until I played with it. It's all good now, and I haven't had a crash on it whole on the latest official OS.
    03-25-14 01:10 AM
    Not one thing in this app has worked for me... yes I have done everything mentioned.

Crap.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 10:53 PM
    Not one thing in this app has worked for me... yes I have done everything mentioned.

Crap.

Posted via CB10
    which feature are you trying to use? the app has all the functions laid out. you just pick the item that you want to use and configure it.

one thing you MUST do is allow all the permissions requested by the app. If the app is not running in the background then it WILL not work. You can check the settings->app manager->device monitor->cpu and see if power tools is running. If not then reset your BB.
    03-30-14 12:23 PM
    which feature are you trying to use? the app has all the functions laid out. you just pick the item that you want to use and configure it.

one thing you MUST do is allow all the permissions requested by the app. If the app is not running in the background then it WILL not work. You can check the settings->app manager->device monitor->cpu and see if power tools is running. If not then reset your BB.
    Well, I only bought it for 3reasons.... bbm contacts led ,profile changer and lock screen wallpaper change. None of these 3 work

Bbm contacts doesnt show any contaacts.

Profile changer didn't do anything (yes I set it up correctly)

Screen lock wallpaper changed it to the pic I selected (along with my regular wallpaper) 3 hours later. I don't want to change both. Only the lock screen wallpaper.

Yes all permissions are allowed. Yes I have reboot my phone about 100 times after installing it

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 01:41 PM
    Ok well I'm glad I'm not the only one, I thought I was because everyone seems to be shouting nothing but praises for this app.

I emailed support, it was pretty quick but not helpful.

1) Ensure all permissions are provided (check)
    2) Ensure 10.2.1 for headless (check)
    3) Reboot phone (check)
    4) Ensure relevant options are switched on in settings (check)
    5) Check app is running in the background (check)
    6) Uninstall app, reinstall (done 3 times)

For #1, #2, #5, I can imagine this being hell to figure out for the very simplest of BB users.

What doesn't work for me:

1) The wave
    2) Geofencing (worked once, hasn't since)
    3) Schedule profiles

What works for me:
    1) Schedule email & sms

Haven't rated the app yet, I try and exhaust all possibilities before rating an app.
    03-30-14 01:49 PM
    LED does NOT stay for ever

LED do not stack

LED do not ALWAYS flash (FB for example will only show when I open the message...)
    03-30-14 09:08 PM
    Smiley, I downloaded the app for my girlfriend's phone today (it's on sale and I couldn't resist) since it works perfectly on my phone. It took a bit of fidgeting around with it to get it to work, which I thought was odd being that I already have the app installed on my phone and figured that would be the ideal blueprint to follow for setups.

Anyway, point or rather idea I was trying to bring forth is that maybe you can make a sort of video tutorial on how to set up the multiple features on this app, along with the small tweaks that need to be made within the actual OS notification settings (such as turning off led for each respective app you set up so that they don't conflict). The visual presentation might be worth your time and ultimately very useful troubleshooter for some encountering issues.

Just an idea.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:47 PM
    I use it for spam blocking and encryption, both seem to work well. I tried the leds too, but I much prefer hub++ for that

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 12:26 AM
    Some help for those being frustrated with the LED not working or being inconsistent as I've played with it for a day or so now

1. Make sure that you understand that BBM, text, emails can be configured by adding accounts. The others (including bbm contacts) sorta have to be configured once you get a message.

2. Make sure to go into each app you want to configure the LED for and turn OFF the sound, LED and and vibrate or whatever. This is in the settings notifications section and Power Tools will prompt you. If you don't do this things won't work properly or will overlap and you might end up with duplication LEDS, etc. Be aware this is exactly the opposite of the main notifications page where these settings should be left on or nothing will work.

3. In order to configure facebook, what's app, etc etc you need to make sure that inside the Power Tools application settings, BBM and App notifications these are set to ON, notifiy new application and new bbm contact if you want that. If not enabled your hub will never get a new configurable message and you will end up on here crying how power tools isn't working

4. In Power Tools application settings, general, you can configure the blink speed to whatever you want the light to do as by default it's going really fast. You an scroll down and set it even up to 5 seconds which I think is around the regular one from blackberry but I could be wrong.

5. I emailed on this but I figured out that you can do one of a few things to avoid the "ghost" notifications. If you leave the setting inside Power Tools , Application settings, STOP LED and ringtone, first option checked. As soon as you read any message I believe (waiting for answer) ALL your LEDS will shut off even if you haven't gone in and touched say for instance email but you checked a BBM or something. Not sure everyone wants it to turn them all off but rather just the one you checked.

Below is how I have it setup currently with the above option default and unchecked so that each LED is going to be handled independent.

I notice that blackberry notifications don't care if you actually go in and check the "email" or whatever you were notified by it just recognized that you went into the hub or application and will turn off the LED. It seems powertools will not be that smart yet as it will expect you to actually click on the message or whatever in order for it to turn off the LED.

I had 80 to 100 or so messages left over when I installed power tools so I couldn't figure out why and well its because when the notify LED goes on Power tools won't shut it off because it sees those 80+ emails i never bothered to touch and keeps it on. I fixed it by clicking the date there and telling it to make all messages as read.

I guess it's up to you on what you prefer not sure if there is a way yet to make it so that it will just turn off the LED once you go in or if it's all that big a deal now just have to make sure you click the message OR if you want can check the option in settings but it will turn them all off once you read one.

Anyway I have talked too long. Just wanted to unfrustrate some persons a bit
    03-31-14 01:31 AM
    Some help for those being frustrated with the LED not working or being inconsistent as I've played with it for a day or so now

1. Make sure that you understand that BBM, text, emails can be configured by adding accounts. The others (including bbm contacts) sorta have to be configured once you get a message.

2. Make sure to go into each app you want to configure the LED for and turn OFF the sound, LED and and vibrate or whatever. This is in the settings notifications section and Power Tools will prompt you. If you don't do this things won't work properly or will overlap and you might end up with duplication LEDS, etc. Be aware this is exactly the opposite of the main notifications page where these settings should be left on or nothing will work.

3. In order to configure facebook, what's app, etc etc you need to make sure that inside the Power Tools application settings, BBM and App notifications these are set to ON, notifiy new application and new bbm contact if you want that. If not enabled your hub will never get a new configurable message and you will end up on here crying how power tools isn't working

4. In Power Tools application settings, general, you can configure the blink speed to whatever you want the light to do as by default it's going really fast. You an scroll down and set it even up to 5 seconds which I think is around the regular one from blackberry but I could be wrong.

5. I emailed on this but I figured out that you can do one of a few things to avoid the "ghost" notifications. If you leave the setting inside Power Tools , Application settings, STOP LED and ringtone, first option checked. As soon as you read any message I believe (waiting for answer) ALL your LEDS will shut off even if you haven't gone in and touched say for instance email but you checked a BBM or something. Not sure everyone wants it to turn them all off but rather just the one you checked.

Below is how I have it setup currently with the above option default and unchecked so that each LED is going to be handled independent.

I notice that blackberry notifications don't care if you actually go in and check the "email" or whatever you were notified by it just recognized that you went into the hub or application and will turn off the LED. It seems powertools will not be that smart yet as it will expect you to actually click on the message or whatever in order for it to turn off the LED.

I had 80 to 100 or so messages left over when I installed power tools so I couldn't figure out why and well its because when the notify LED goes on Power tools won't shut it off because it sees those 80+ emails i never bothered to touch and keeps it on. I fixed it by clicking the date there and telling it to make all messages as read.

I guess it's up to you on what you prefer not sure if there is a way yet to make it so that it will just turn off the LED once you go in or if it's all that big a deal now just have to make sure you click the message OR if you want can check the option in settings but it will turn them all off once you read one.

Anyway I have talked too long. Just wanted to unfrustrate some persons a bit
    Yea but in theory what you are saying is useless if it is inconsistent... how can it sometimes work properly while other times not properly? Nothing to do with settings... if there was a problem in the way I (or anyone else saying they have inconsistency issues) it would NEVER work, not sometimes and sometimes not.

Say LED forever... how can I get this one wrong?? (And please dont ask him if I did set it to forever...)
    03-31-14 01:34 AM
    My advice on there was for people having trouble and so far after I spent some time with it and figured out a few times, it's flawless I will let ya know if I have any other issues lol
    03-31-14 02:18 AM
    Ok, still not one thing in this app has worked for me and I'm not doing anything wrong.

Just simply doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 09:12 AM
    There has to be a ROOT CAUSE. I would be willing to help you with it. PM me. Just doesn't make sense.
    03-31-14 01:21 PM
    heres how i solved it. turn off LED for everything in settings. then vip everything in power tools. worked for me. figured out by accident
    03-31-14 10:05 PM
    heres how i solved it. turn off LED for everything in settings. then vip everything in power tools. worked for me. figured out by accident
    Thanks for the tip, Ill give this a try and let everyone know!
    04-01-14 12:05 AM
    Uninstalled until the Headless module gets more work as it keeps quitting or not loading on my device and having to reboot the device constantly to get it working is not a solution in my eyes as other headless apps work fine to load on every boot. OS 10.2.1.2947.

Reverted to Hub++
    04-04-14 07:59 AM

What about BBM permissions if you are not using it for BBM functionality?

I am currently running OS 10.2.0 on my daily driver (planning to install 10.2.1 soon) so the version of Power Tools for my device does not support BBM notifications.

I have found that 99.9% of apps that ask for BBM permissions that don't actually have BBM functionality just use it to spam out stupid advertising for their apps, so I remove that permission unless there an actual app feature that needs it.
    04-07-14 02:17 AM
    I've yet to get wallpaper changer to work even once. Geofencing is somewhat reliable. Vibrate on phone connect/disconnect always works, but I find this feature basically worthless to begin with.

Posted via CB10 with my Q10 on AT&T
    04-07-14 10:43 AM
    Since the update, I've had to add BBM for custom notifications since the setup has now changed. However, it's not back to normal like before the update. I notice I get a repeat tone and LED flashing when I have already set it to NOT repeat. For instance, I'll get a notification I have a BBM message, and then when I go to check it...the tone and LED flashing will repeat. Super annoying. I've restarted my phone to no avail. Anyone else experiencing something similar recently?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 11:46 AM
75 123