Hello all,

Just thought I would throw idea into the main stream. The last few months apple have said at there release events and press conferences they have the best productivity apps and i was thinking "why doesn't blackberry now put more work into there productivity apps, now they have this awesome os?" they could upgrade StoryMaker into a better video editing studio, add more projects into DocsToGo or even just add new apps for these things?

Has anyone else thought about this or am the first?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:12 AM
    I have the iPhone 5 and there is nothing in the app store that comes even to close to the Remember app.

Hello all,

Just thought I would throw idea into the main stream. The last few months apple have said at there release events and press conferences they have the best productivity apps and i was thinking "why doesn't blackberry now put more work into there productivity apps, now they have this awesome os?" they could upgrade StoryMaker into a better video editing studio, add more projects into DocsToGo or even just add new apps for these things?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 11:22 AM
    Im not saying BlackBerry are 100% missing an app all of the basics are at least there the apps we have just need more functionality to match apps such as imovie and other productivity apps

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 12:14 PM
    that's interesting. how would you use imovie for productivity?

Im not saying BlackBerry are 100% missing an app all of the basics are at least there the apps we have just need more functionality to match apps such as imovie and other productivity apps

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 03:28 PM
    I have the iPhone 5 and there is nothing in the app store that comes even to close to the Remember app.
    I don't believe. with all the talk about their eco system there has to be something.
    10-27-13 03:47 PM
    I hope they have something new, people won't buy blackberry just for the os, they need to be able to work on the go with there device.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 03:52 PM
    Agree BB needs to put some back into a comprehensive suite of productivity apps. Is this not the direction that they are hinting they want to go to?
    10-27-13 03:56 PM
    iMovie? Video editing on my water-cooled, overclocked quad core running a minimal Slackware environment with a GTX 780 (also overclocked and water-cooled) is already slightly sluggish (16GB STT overclocked memory as well). This type of productivity is best reserved for the desktop.
    10-27-13 04:02 PM
    Totally agree

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 04:47 PM
    Hello all,

Posted via CB10

That's because a BlackBerry IS a productivity "app". It's built to get things done out of the box, without having to continually purchase apps

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 04:49 PM
    believe me, i've spent a year on apple forums looking for something similar to "add to calendar" from the bbos days. i can't even find an app that moves text, emails, etc over to the calendar.

I don't believe. with all the talk about their eco system there has to be something.
    10-27-13 04:55 PM
    i can't even find an app that moves text, emails, etc over to the calendar.
    You ever heard of tempo?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-27-13 05:07 PM
    iMovie? Video editing on my water-cooled, overclocked quad core running a minimal Slackware environment with a GTX 780 (also overclocked and water-cooled) is already slightly sluggish (16GB STT overclocked memory as well). This type of productivity is best reserved for the desktop.
    Yes.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    10-27-13 05:30 PM
    That's better than the native iPhone calendar app, but no where near Remember. The Remember app is not a calendar. It's an all in one organization app and one of it's features lets you basically take anything on your phone (text, missed calls, emails, events, websites, photos...anything, and click it into your calendar with a time and date reminder.

10-27-13 06:10 PM
    That's better than the native iPhone calendar app, but no where near Remember. The Remember app is not a calendar. It's an all in one organization app and one of it's features lets you basically take anything on your phone (text, missed calls, emails, events, websites, photos...anything, and click it into your calendar with a time and date reminder.
    Nothing I send to Remember ends up in my calendar. It does generate a reminder, if I choose to add one, but that us in the Remember notes/task function.

IIRC, Rex wireless now supports the iPhone. If that is the case, their program will do all that you've listed and a lot more.

Remember has potential, but currently is only fair at notes and tasks and doesn't work with the calendar at all.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:15 PM
    Nothing I send to Remember ends up in my calendar. It does generate a reminder, if I choose to add one, but that us in the Remember notes/task function.

IIRC, Rex wireless now supports the iPhone. If that is the case, their program will do all that you've listed and a lot more.

Remember has potential, but currently is only fair at notes and tasks and doesn't work with the calendar at all.

Posted via CB10
    "Doesn't work with the calendar at all"?!?

It's fully integrated into the calendar. You can basically put any kind of data into remember and add a due date/time. I'm confused, how much more can it "work with the calendar"? I suppose you could add a start time/date, but beyond that I'm at a loss.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:29 PM
    I don't think the poster before your has 10.2 yet. 10.2 was a game changer for Remember. Nothing I have ever seen comes close to it.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:35 PM
    One thing I dearly miss on Android is something that will allow me to add an event directly to calendar. Worth gold!!!
    10-27-13 08:36 PM
    10.2 allows a start time and date. Even with 10.1 you could set a date and it would integrate with the calendar. But it shows up like a FB birthday at the bottom of the day.

10.2 adds the time, which makes the app fully integrated with Calendar.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:38 PM
    Tre, you talking about a Facebook event?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:39 PM
    10.2 allows a start time and date. Even with 10.1 you could set a date and it would integrate with the calendar. But it shows up like a FB birthday at the bottom of the day.

10.2 adds the time, which makes the app fully integrated with Calendar.

Posted via CB10
    I've been using 10.2 for a couple months. Haven't noticed a "start time". Only due date and time.

I'll look again v

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:51 PM
    Tre, you talking about a Facebook event?

Posted via CB10
    Emailed events.

On legacy BBOS, it was a cinch. Sounds like Remember handles it on BB10. With Gmail on Android, it's not as smooth to my knowledge.
    10-27-13 09:12 PM
    EDIT: Nevermind. To get the entry to show at the right time in your calendar, you have to use the "reminder" function and either not use a due date, or have the due date be due on a date after the date of the reminder. At least that is what it looks like.

The "reminder " time is the start time, but has to be a "task". Not sure how to do that as I just realized some of my entries have a start time and some don't.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by waterfrontmgmt; 10-27-13 at 10:31 PM.
    10-27-13 09:39 PM
    yes, if anything is emailed, you simply flag it and it goes in the remember app.

Emailed events.

On legacy BBOS, it was a cinch. Sounds like Remember handles it on BB10. With Gmail on Android, it's not as smooth to my knowledge.
    10-27-13 10:31 PM
    "Doesn't work with the calendar at all"?!?

It's fully integrated into the calendar. You can basically put any kind of data into remember and add a due date/time. I'm confused, how much more can it "work with the calendar"? I suppose you could add a start time/date, but beyond that I'm at a loss.

Posted via CB10
    A reminder is not integration with the calendar.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 10:39 PM
34 12