i believe Joshua is a student, so hopefully he has just been busy of late and will rejoin us soon.

this is my most used app on my Z10, running for six to eight hours a day. i would say that i've put it through its paces but haven't had the freezing issues many of you have posted above. i have a 16GB microSD (~half filled currently) that has been in use for years, over many devices (always cleaned out and reformatted when going to its new home). i close the app when done and it gets a fresh start each morning (and sometimes once or twice more per day) to grab new 'casts, with a 40+ sub list. not running 10.1, but i would say this is heavy use without freezing. not trying to discredit, just trying to provide feedback to compare environment and behavior.

the only bad thing that has happened - just this morning actually - is i think it forgot the sub list, but i believe i caused this by closing it during a download refresh. so a back up or import/export option would be a nice addition to a future release version.
    06-03-13 05:05 AM
    @Penk as you're not running 10.1, that may be why you're not experiencing the freezing issues. I hope that the developer being a student isn't the reason for the lack of a response. After all, this isn't a free app.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 05:38 AM
    Anyone heard from the developer? I've sent emails and haven't gotten a response.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 08:10 AM
    I ended up side loading the latest BeyondPod Beta. I'll be using that until this App gets an update.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 12:54 AM
    I went ahead and installed nobex for the time being. Works great
    06-06-13 01:14 AM
    I like Nobex but it does store on SD card
    Also can't figure out how to automatically delete podcasts once i'm done listening to them.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 08:29 PM
    Nobex doesn't save to SD Card but instead to the phone. I got this from a direct email from them.

Also they said that ability "may" come in a future release. Would be a massive oversight if it didnt
    06-07-13 02:45 AM
    Thanks. Meant to write "doesn't "

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 08:01 AM
    This week the developer answered an email I sent him about the app a few weeks ago.

So I guess he's still working on it.
    06-14-13 04:44 PM
    Thank you!
    06-14-13 04:54 PM
    I'll post it
    06-14-13 05:00 PM
    My email

Podcasts - UPDATE-img_00000211_edit.png

His response

Podcasts - UPDATE-img_00000212_edit.png
    06-14-13 05:09 PM
    I like Nobex but it does store on SD card
    Also can't figure out how to automatically delete podcasts once i'm done listening to them.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not 100% sure but I think when you download a new podcast from the same source it deletes the previous episode.
    My reason for saying is yesterday before leaving on a trip I used Nobex to download 7 episodes of a podcast. I watched the download status bar of each to finish to start the next.
    When I went to listen to one of them there was only one available. The last episode downloaded.
    I searched both device and SD card. It's the only one I could find.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 05:14 PM
    I've had some problems with this app, including a seeming failure to delete at least some of the downloaded files after listening. I've also had problems when orientation lock is off and I happen to put the phone into landscape.

And as I've mentioned before in this thread, the "saved" list really should put new episodes at the bottom, so it functions as a queue--or at least have this as an option.
    06-19-13 12:15 PM
    Anyone know if there's be an update to thus app yet?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 07:05 PM
    Seems like app is dead
    07-13-13 01:36 AM
    Seems like app is dead
    The app is fine, I use it at least once a week.

The dev though, has been really quiet....
    07-17-13 07:24 PM
    App is dead to me because it's unusable and the developer hasn't made any updates. I've gone to Nobex for audio podcasts and sideloaded version of Podcasts Addict. Maybe someday this app will get an uodate.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 07:38 PM
    Nobex ftw!
    07-17-13 07:42 PM
    Yup Nobex here too...
    07-17-13 11:19 PM
    App is dead to me because it's unusable and the developer hasn't made any updates. I've gone to Nobex for audio podcasts and sideloaded version of Podcasts Addict. Maybe someday this app will get an uodate.

Posted via CB10
    Unusable how? It fetches me my podcasts, plays them... Deletes them after I am done. What issues are you having?

And yes, I'm on 10.1...
    07-17-13 11:36 PM
    I've posted my issues earlier and I've been in contact with the developer. After the 10.1 update it constantly crashes during playback and does not delete episodes even though i've selected that option. The developer said there would be an update. That was over a month ago.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 10:20 PM
    I have had no such issues on any of the 10.1 releases I loaded. 0.o

Did you try different releases? Reboots and wipes?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 10:49 PM
    I'm really annoyed. This app will start to stream the podcast, but after a minute or two it will freeze. It's definitely not related to my connection, because my data is super fast. I constantly bike and sometimes get the urge to listen to podcasts, which is why I specifically got it because it could stream podcasts without downloading them. Lame.

Are there any suggestions for a good podcast app that can stream without saving any podcasts? I read a few people above saying Nobex, but can it stream audio?
    07-19-13 02:56 AM
    @diegonei, not sure what you mean by other releases. I'm using the version available in App World. Yes, i've rebooted, etc.

I'm glad you're not having the same issues because they are very annoying. If you read this entire thread, you'll see a few other folks are having the same problems.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 05:41 AM
108 ... 2345