Okay, here are some more thoughts, after using this app extensively for a few weeks.

The "Saved" screen is as close as this app comes to a playlist. Consequently, it would be good for the user to have some control over how this list is sorted. Currently, the most recently added download is at the top, and the player plays from top to bottom. The user should have the option of having newest downloads put at the bottom of the list, so the player is always going in the direction of less recent to more recent downloads.

Another possibility would be to sort them in actual episode release date order. This would usually correspond with download date, for automatic downloads, but sometimes episodes might be manually downloaded out of order. This would matter most for podcast series.

Anyway, in the "Saved" settings, it would be good to add the options:

1. Newest downloads at bottom of list.
    2. Newest releases at bottom of list.
    04-24-13 01:29 PM
    Does any one else notice that the currently playing podcast will start over at time zero if it has been paused for a long time? I don't know the exact cause but after I wake and try to resume an episode that was playing last night, it always goes back to the beginning.
    04-24-13 03:19 PM
    I think the downloading can be improved. When you have a bunch of podcasts downloading, and if you have a gigabyte left on the card it says almost out of memory often. Also I noticed many downloads stopping in the late 90%
    04-24-13 03:22 PM
    Sorry for triple post I wish I could edit these on CB10!
    Edit: It works!! Thx!

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what is wrong with this podcast url:

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingwor...Broadcast.html

The source shows that it has a valid RSS link. This url works fine in BlackBerry 5.0 podcasts as well as antenna pod

Btw antenna pod used to work in general on my z10 but now it is toast. It hangs every time I open it. I guess I'll have to reinstall
    Last edited by keyboard_cat; 04-24-13 at 11:41 PM.
    04-24-13 03:26 PM
    Okay, here are some more thoughts, after using this app extensively for a few weeks.

The "Saved" screen is as close as this app comes to a playlist. Consequently, it would be good for the user to have some control over how this list is sorted. Currently, the most recently added download is at the top, and the player plays from top to bottom. The user should have the option of having newest downloads put at the bottom of the list, so the player is always going in the direction of less recent to more recent downloads.

Another possibility would be to sort them in actual episode release date order. This would usually correspond with download date, for automatic downloads, but sometimes episodes might be manually downloaded out of order. This would matter most for podcast series.

I know I already e-mailed you this suggestion but I'm going to +1 it here to.
    04-24-13 04:08 PM
    Sorry for triple post I wish I could edit these on CB10!

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what is wrong with this podcast url:

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingwor...Broadcast.html

The source shows that it has a valid RSS link. This url works fine in BlackBerry 5.0 podcasts as well as antenna pod

Btw antenna pod used to work in general on my z10 but now it is toast. It hangs every time I open it. I guess I'll have to reinstall
    Not related to the thread, but you can edit them. Simply tap and hold your post, and then glide your ginger to the right. the menu on the right has a pencil icon. That's edit.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:04 PM
    Does any one else notice that the currently playing podcast will start over at time zero if it has been paused for a long time? I don't know the exact cause but after I wake and try to resume an episode that was playing last night, it always goes back to the beginning.
    have noticed this happening, but for me it seemed to be when other audio or video media was played elsewhere (via browser or music app) before resuming the podcast.
    04-25-13 04:30 AM
    Is there a way to see episode info before playing it?
    would like this ability also, especially for unsaved/not downloaded episodes. there are some 'casts i listen to selectively and some episodes i may just not yet be ready to listen to, so being able to read the episode description without auto play is preferred.

(and there are always occasions when you may not have headphones plugged in...)
    04-25-13 04:48 AM
    what about a merge of these two? the gray man with blue rays on the green/orange levels could be a keen icon. it would certainly stand out against most icons which tend to stick to blues and purples.
    04-25-13 04:56 AM

i like this suggestion very much.

under My Library (both Grid and New), the show order seems to be based on when each feed was added/subscribed, rather than a more standard alphabetical sort. i would prefer (at least under New) that this be alphabetical, and possibly grouped by those with saved episodes and those with none. this would assist in finding a show more quickly (to select particular episodes), as well as for maintenance to monitor stale shows that haven't posted for some time.
    04-25-13 05:07 AM
    Seems that the app doesn't think I have wifi connectivity when I am connected to wifi with a VPN profile applied.
    When selecting to download a podcast, it remains at "cellular downloads disabled" until the vpn profile is removed.
    04-25-13 06:51 PM
    Ok, here is a problem.. whenever I seek in a podcast, either by using the -10s/+30s buttons or just touching anywhere on the seek bar, the round indicator that indicates where on the seek bar the current time is will briefly go to zero before going to the proper location. This means that if you try another seek operation during that time when it is at zero, it will then stay at zero and the audio will start at the beginning

So you can't use the seek buttons to quickly go forward or backward multiples of 10 and 30.. you must wait a few seconds after each press

I also have major beef with the downloading. There needs to be a progress meter in the now playing view because I never know when the entire podcast has not downloaded. I keep getting most downloads to be only partial but it seems to think that the entire file is downloaded. So bit stops playing when I don't expect it. Also when this weirdness happens often the state of downloaded is just wrong, or so it seems. I have to restart the app or delete files and start over re downloading them. If it's an sd card memory issue, there needs to be more diagnostic info and the app needs to properly handle this in terms of what to do when it encounters no more memory, reporting how much of the file has downloaded, being able to either start over download or resume, perhaps a warning that says how much memory is left... etc.. Perhaps a message in the download active queue that says "Put of Memory" if it in fact is why it stalled, though I prefer being able to see a progress meter beneath each episode in the lists (not just in the active downloads list, since you have to take the extra step to go there) . More apps need to minimize the number of steps to get information

I think that to duplicate this confusion, Josh you could use a 2gig sd card, subscribe to 10 podcasts and set it to download the last 4 ep each.

I'm general is there any way to tell how u change mem is left on the media? Windows said I had a gigabyte left butane it is reserved or something!? I can't believe that you can't even do this with the file manager app!
    Last edited by keyboard_cat; 04-25-13 at 10:00 PM.
    04-25-13 08:26 PM
    New bug: when you remove an episode that has been already downloaded, you will see a "Deleted "Message but the play icon to the left remains green as though it is still downloaded. This kind of thing is bad because it's feedback that lets the user know things are working properly. Otherwise I think it contributes to doubt in the other things I'm seeing.

When you restart, it does go gray as expected.

There is another UX thing that bugs. When you select between Episodes and Description, the highlighting (white vs gray) is the opposite for computer convention. Normally you'd expect the tab that is active to be the one that is highlighted, but it is the opposite. I find myself hitting the wrong one out if habit almost every time.
    04-25-13 09:51 PM
    This app is not, so far, well behaved in OS 10.1. It tends to freeze the phone and cause reboots. I hope an update will soon remedy this.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:28 PM
    New bug: currently playing song stops often. Then when you hit play, it starts 30 seconds forward from where it was. And I mean often!

It didn't do this to me last week. Is the episode completely downloaded? Well the episodes list says no
    No green icon at the left of the episode. OK so is it streaming? Fine, but why is it that I can download the entire episode in 25 seconds but it stops when streaming? Why not just tell it to go ahead and download the entire thing?
    04-27-13 01:49 AM
    Lots of general unresponsiveness when the internet connection is not solid... and other times that I haven't nailed down yet. Needs more testing and fixing of details to improve user experience before adding any new features in my opinion..any plans for an update?

Also would be nice when the app gets into a confusing state to know what filenames are what podcasts. The random name is problematic, as is the lack of file extension.
    04-28-13 10:11 PM
    Seems i'm not the only one having issues with this app. It's essentially unusable right now as it's constantly crashing and freezing

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 06:59 PM
    Are you guys saving your Podcasts to microSD? Is it encrypted? I found doing large file operations on a encrypted microSD would basically crash the app and the phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 07:03 PM
    I would like to see:

-push notifications in the hub when a new episode becomes available, like nobex does

-being able to read a description of the episode before you download it. So if you hold down your finger on the episode one of the options would be description

-a new app icon.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 01:47 AM
    Podcasts is the main app I use which does any downloading of files at all. I previously had a 2gb card which filled up quickly with "other data," even though the hundreds of small podcast related files on the card did not add up to more than 50mbyte or so. Most of my previous issues might have been due to having a full sd card.

It seems that this app does not properly handle file operations, specifically (i believe) deleting of files. And as well it does not behave when available memory is low.

What happened to the developer? He went ask for a while now
    05-31-13 09:51 PM
    I emailed him yesterday but no reply yet. He probably got an android hehe

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 02:45 AM
    I've uninstalled this app until I hear back from the developer. The frequent freezing means it's unusable and is just taking up room on my SD card. Hope this gets an update soon because I'm really liked it.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:07 AM
    I am having some serious lag/performance issues with this app. Just downloaded it today, let it run its course on downloading the podcasts ive selected, however its just a slug. Almost unusable. Is/has anyone else experienced this?

Z10 OS: 10.1.2xxx
    06-01-13 08:24 PM
    A few people are experiencing the same thing, including myself. I had to uninstall the app

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:49 PM
    A few people are experiencing the same thing, including myself. I had to uninstall the app

Posted via CB10
    That sucks, I paid for this one too
    06-01-13 09:51 PM
108 12345