I have flipped back and forth between your app and Nobex. I sure like the sdcard support that you have now added as well as the skip ahead 30 secs.

2 more things it needs:

1. Skip back 30 secs
    2. Indicator for 'Listened To' or 'Not Listened To'
    04-14-13 06:00 PM
    Oddly, today the "My Library" screen is empty under the "New" tab, although the downloaded episodes are still in the "Saved" tab. There's no longer a "load more" option present.

So how does it work? The "New" tab shows all subscriptions only when there are new episodes in some of them?

I think the main buttons at the bottom should be "Now playing," "Subscriptions", and "Downloads," with new downloads added to the bottom of the list, so that playing through the list goes from top to bottom. Episode information and downloading should be available from the "Subscriptions" screen.
    diegonei likes this.
    04-15-13 01:40 PM
    Unfortunately I've decided to delete this app. The last update in the app store was a mess and made it unusable for me. I'm hoping BlackBerry release their own App as they did for older devices.
    From the scattered bits I've been gathering from both BlackBerry and a few podcasters I know that is unlikely to happen.

BlackBerry has shutdown the catalog they used to keep and are no longer taking subscriptions (if you're a podcaster, you can't add youf feed - if you're a listener, you can't search for shows from within the app). The app on OS5/6/7 devices only allows you to add feeds by URL now.

The app on the PlayBook, forgotten as it has been, still allows access to the catalog, but it is easy to see how outdated it is and you won't find new stuff there.

So... I suggest you tell the dev what you'd like to see, like we're doing (I am not particularly happy with the latest update myself, I prefered the previous version really I am particularly happy with 10.10.0.50). You already forked the cash, might as well, eh?

EDIT: 10.10.0.45 is out. I wonder which suggestiosn made it into it.

EDIT: And to my surprise, updating to 10.10.0.45 triggered an update to 10.10.0.50...

Yes yes yes yes yes! And the icon is bigger.

Podcasts - UPDATE-img_00000010.jpgPodcasts - UPDATE-img_00000011.jpg

This is just awesome! Joshua Netterfield, you got yourself a jewel here!

But.. Well, hmm.. erm... If I may... How about that when you hit one of the podcasts in the grid, it goes to Episodes instead of Description? Icon could get a bit bigger as well, same as the Twitter app. That's all really, and even if this doesn't make it into the app, it is great as it is!

EDIT: Boy, are we picky!
    Last edited by diegonei; 04-15-13 at 05:40 PM.
    Joshua Netterfield likes this.
    04-15-13 04:02 PM
    I really like this app! Nicely coded and it's great that the author is very open and accessible.

I disagree that the back button should default to 30 seconds. Three quick taps does that and I think 10 seconds is more useful.

My biggest hope is that the author adds the facility to access paid subscription podcast sites. To be fair, he has told me back channel that this is on his to do list.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 06:40 PM
    I've gotten quite a few requests for a better icon. I'm not really an icon designer, but if someone makes an awesome icon, I would switch to it. I'd need consensus on this thread and my beta group. I'd also give a $20 reward via Paypal.
    diegonei likes this.
    04-15-13 07:42 PM
    Was wondering if this app has Ricky Gervais Podcasts? As I would like to purchase it if they have some of my favorite podcasts.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 07:56 PM
    I've gotten quite a few requests for a better icon. I'm not really an icon designer, but if someone makes an awesome icon, I would switch to it. I'd need consensus on this thread and my beta group. I'd also give a $20 reward via Paypal.
    You can probably get one at Fiverr.com. Should only set you back $5-20. Worth checking out.

Was wondering if this app has Ricky Gervais Podcasts? As I would like to purchase it if they have some of my favorite podcasts.

Posted via CB10
    I'd be worried about there being one too many... Off to BlackBerry World you go...

Podcasts - UPDATE-img_00000012.jpg
    Last edited by diegonei; 04-15-13 at 10:16 PM.
    PH1L likes this.
    04-15-13 10:03 PM
    Note, The Ricky Gervais Podcast works, but not the Ricky Gervais Show. I'm looking into it.
    diegonei and PH1L like this.
    04-15-13 11:32 PM
    Thank you very much for the updates, no longer reboots my z10 playing some of my subscriptions, especially maccast enhanced.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 12:09 AM
    Thank you Joshua for listening and implementing the changes.
    The episodes dates, even though a small thing, made the app so much more practical. Great app.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 01:27 AM
    When I go to My World on BlackBerry World and into Podcasts, it still shows version .45 and it won't show me the. 50 upgrade when hitting check for updates. Anyone else?

Update : interesting, when i hit rate from inside the app, it shows version
    .50 and installed on the top right...

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 01:37 AM
    You can probably get one at Fiverr.com. Should only set you back $5-20. Worth checking out.

I'd be worried about there being one too many... Off to BlackBerry World you go...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000012.jpg 
Views:	491 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	151615
    And I'm away! Hopefully The Ricky Gervais Show Podcast gets up and running soon!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 09:44 AM
    The updated version is looking good.
    04-16-13 10:27 AM
    Have you had any customers inquire about certain podcasts causing the Z10 to automatically reboot?

It's happened to me for certain podcasts. As soon as I open it, it will reboot my Z10.

Thanks.

EDIT: Update fixed the issue!!!
    Last edited by bluetroll; 04-16-13 at 11:27 AM.
    diegonei likes this.
    04-16-13 10:35 AM
    Have you had any customers inquire about certain podcasts causing the Z10 to automatically reboot?

It's happened to me for certain podcasts. As soon as I open it, it will reboot my Z10.

Thanks.
    How about telling us which podcasts?
    04-16-13 10:57 AM
    How about telling us which podcasts?
    It happened on either the Hardwell On Air and/or Nicky Romero Protocol

nevermind! I think the update fixed it!!!

Thanks Dev!
    04-16-13 11:26 AM
    Hi Joshua,

David here from the first beta run - loving the app still and the big improvements of late.

One additional comment - is there any way to be able to see the full podcast title? When under the 'Episodes' tab, its hard to see what a specific episode is about if the title is too long (esp if they use the format: [PODCAST NAME] podcast title for each episode). To have all the titles constantly scrolling might be too painful on the eyes... maybe a 'more info' option in the overflow to drill down? Or scrolling only happens with long press (alongside menu pop-up)? Or...? Would be helpful if some solution could be found though.

Also, in terms of entering into a specific show, it makes sense to me that if you are coming from 'Discover', the first view should be 'Description', then you can click the tab to see episodes (think I originally made this suggestion vs. going right to episodes). However, if you have already subscribed to a particular show, the first view should perhaps be 'Episodes' (as you'll presumably also know the description).

Thanks again!
    04-16-13 01:53 PM
    Just throwing ideas around.

Podcasts - UPDATE-3.jpg
    Podcasts - UPDATE-blackberry-app-world-blackberry-podcasts.jpg

The one below is the podcast app for previous BB.
    diegonei and DocDRM like this.
    04-16-13 08:06 PM
    I just bought this app, and I love it so far. The only thing I would change now would be for the -10 sec, +30 sec buttons to be a bit larger or removed from the bottom bar. If I miss the +30, I usually hit the next button. That BIG splash screen of the podcast name takes up half the screen. I suggest to make that a bit smaller and increase the size of the jump buttons
    04-16-13 08:24 PM
    Looking forward to checking this out and seeing if the forward / back buttons on my BT headset work with the 30 second skip. Thanks!

Posted from my Z10.
    04-16-13 08:30 PM
    Hi Joshua,

David here from the first beta run - loving the app still and the big improvements of late.

One additional comment - is there any way to be able to see the full podcast title? When under the 'Episodes' tab, its hard to see what a specific episode is about if the title is too long (esp if they use the format: [PODCAST NAME] podcast title for each episode). To have all the titles constantly scrolling might be too painful on the eyes... maybe a 'more info' option in the overflow to drill down? Or scrolling only happens with long press (alongside menu pop-up)? Or...? Would be helpful if some solution could be found though.

Also, in terms of entering into a specific show, it makes sense to me that if you are coming from 'Discover', the first view should be 'Description', then you can click the tab to see episodes (think I originally made this suggestion vs. going right to episodes). However, if you have already subscribed to a particular show, the first view should perhaps be 'Episodes' (as you'll presumably also know the description).

Thanks again!
    Yep, we mentioned that in previous posts. Totally agree.

Just throwing ideas around.

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	798 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	151870

Name:	BlackBerry-App-World---BlackBerry-Podcasts.jpg 
Views:	798 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	151871

The one below is the podcast app for previous BB.
    This is pretty good...

EDIT:
    OK! I admit I am just being mean, picky and demanding.

Any chance the -10/+30 can move over the progress bar? And the progress bar... look like the one on the default media player?

Podcasts - UPDATE-img_00000014.jpgPodcasts - UPDATE-img_00000015.jpg
    Last edited by diegonei; 04-16-13 at 09:09 PM.
    04-16-13 08:52 PM
    The new update is awesome Joshua. Thank you for listening to us users.

Features I'm still longing for are being able to skip ahead and back and pause with the buttons on the side or top of the phone.

Basically I miss being able to manipulate the app without taking my phone out of my pocket
    diegonei likes this.
    04-16-13 09:43 PM
    I would like to make a couple suggestions. When I am in my library and choose a podcast it brings me to the Description page, which I like. Would it be possible to be able to swipe left to get to the Episodes Tab instead of tapping on the actual tab? So on the Podcast Description Tab, swipe left to get to Episodes Tab, swipe right to go back to Description, swipe right again to go back to My Library (normal operation). Would it be possible to recieve notifications of when new podcasts are available so we can go into the app to download new episodes?
    Thanks for making yourself available to your customers and listening to our requests. Then app has come along very nicely.

@Alex_Hong, I do like that Icon.
    04-22-13 07:52 PM
    A fine-tuned logo concept. Adjusted the colour slightly so it is less purple-ish. Also the previous one I uploaded had some artefacts in the icon when resized to 114 x 114 px (according to BB10 Icon guideline), fixed that too. The icon itself is 106 x 106 px with a drop shadow of 2px in size and 2px distance at 90 degree top down (most native apps use this). There is a subtle 90 degree top down lighting as well. Also the icon uses a "paper" finish.

Podcasts - UPDATE-5.png

I tried to follow the guidelines as closely as possible. Application icons - BlackBerry Developer

Since the symbol in the icon has thin lines, I went with a slightly larger size for better visibility. If I follow the size recommended by the Guidelines, it would be kinda hard to see.

---

Also, I tried a BB10 Native Media App Style, in this case, a style similar to the Music app, just for fun. Same lighting, gloss effect, drop shadow, the whole nine yards.

Podcasts - UPDATE-bb10ui.png

---

How it looks: 1st concept to the right of the FaceBook app at the bottom, the later is placed to the left of the Music app.

Podcasts - UPDATE-bb10.jpg

---

If the developer wishes to use any of the logo, feel free to do so.

EDIT: More Options
    Also, i have version without the Music app visualiser graphics on the icon.

Podcasts - UPDATE-jff-copy-copy2.pngPodcasts - UPDATE-jff-copy.png

Podcasts - UPDATE-bb10-1.jpg
    Last edited by Alex_Hong; 04-22-13 at 11:36 PM.
    diegonei and ubizmo like this.
    04-22-13 11:09 PM

Name:	BB10UI.png 
Views:	698 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	154100
    This. Is. Better. Than. Skype.

Ok, maybe not, but it's one fine piece of work!
    04-24-13 11:46 AM
108 1234 ...