Hi folks,

This thread will have beta versions available. Please feel free to leave comments about the Podcasts app for BlackBerry 10 here.

Get the app here.

New in Version 50:
    - Fix a crash and slowdown

New in Version 47:
    - The grid is back!
    - Episode dates are now shown
    - Bugfixes and performance fixes

New in Version 40:
    - Automatic support for downloading to SD cards
    - Support for most podcasts with embedded graphics
    - Location-specific featured podcasts
    - Support for the BlackBerry Q10 (and Dev Alpha C)
    - A streamlined library page
    - Huge speed improvements, especially for large libraries
    - Support for some podcasts which require service identification
    - An option to disable streaming on cellular
    - The ability to double-tap the play button to skip 30 seconds
    - UI enhancements...

Let me know if there any issues or if you have any feedback.
    Last edited by Joshua Netterfield; 04-15-13 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Version 47
    04-06-13 06:06 PM
    Did you add episode date next to each one on the lists?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 07:10 PM
    Hmm... I thought about it, but with the description and the status there isn't any room left. I could add an option to show that instead of the description. Would that help?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 07:31 PM
    Yes, I think it would be useful so you can keep track of when podcast episodes were posted.
    04-06-13 07:57 PM
    Thanks for the great app. When do you think the update will push to BBW? Any downsides to sideloading the update?
    04-06-13 09:23 PM
    Hmm... I thought about it, but with the description and the status there isn't any room left. I could add an option to show that instead of the description. Would that help?

Posted via CB10
    I think having episodes dates is crucial, we can see the description when we go into each episode so that's fine for now. Episodes dates really what's needed. Thanks for showing up here and keep up the good work.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 10:19 PM
    Any update on this update?
    04-10-13 10:25 AM
    Hey dev!

Bought your app the previous release and was very happy with it. Now, this new release... not so much.

Active Frame: Used to give me 4 logos, randomly, that would fill the active frame nicely. Now it gives me a few micro logos for all podcasts and leaves a lot of blank space.

My Library: Interesting concept, but it doesn't work for me. Maybe a switch to enable this new UI or the old one? Throw us a bone and let us choose. I personally prefer to go My Library and see all the logs and from there pick what episode I wanna listen to. If you must have the Load more, then skip the Description page...
    04-12-13 10:38 AM
    Got the update and I'm glad we got SD support.
    04-12-13 01:48 PM
    I hear you! In the next update, you'll have an option for grid view and episode dates by default.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 03:18 PM
    I'm really enjoying the app, thanks for making it! I concur with the others about episode dates, but other than that I'm quite content.
    04-12-13 03:44 PM
    I really love this app! Take a look at PocketCasts for Android if you're looking for a top of the line benchmark for am amazing podcast app or if you're looking for ideas. Either way great work, keep it up!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 03:54 PM
    And if anybody out there was looking for an excuse to pull the trigger on this app, here you are: Direct line to the developer!

Can't get better than this!
    04-12-13 04:29 PM
    Does this app let you stream podcasts over wifi without having to download the actual podcast?

If so I'm going to be using this all the time once I get my Q10.
    04-12-13 05:17 PM
    Does this app let you stream podcasts over wifi without having to download the actual podcast?

If so I'm going to be using this all the time once I get my Q10.
    Yes it does. I love it. Got it the first hour I had my Z10. Gotta have my pods.

I like the new designs, and the summary page with new pods shown. But really good that you would provide the option for folks.

Great job, Josh! +1,000,000 to you.
    04-12-13 05:37 PM
    I like the app, which I've been using since I got the Z10. The update was mostly good but there's still room for improvement.

Is there a way to see episode info before playing it?

There should be an option to only play downloaded episodes.

The "Load more " repeated on the New screen is excessive and ugly. Just tapping on the podcast name should take you there.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 08:33 PM
    I've fixed a bunch of bugs, brought back the grid, and enabled episode dates. Get it for the Z10 here. Let me know if there are any problems. This copy will be valid until the end of the month.
    04-13-13 07:58 PM
    Fixed a crash. Please redownload.
    04-14-13 07:25 AM
    Awesome! Hope the 2x2 active frames made it into the changes!

You know, my request about active frames made me realize there isn't much of a standard yet. I just posted about it on BetaZone with a few suggestions.

So here is a more detailed idea for you! How about if the app shows, randomly, 4 podcasts logos then refresh with a new random set of 4, every x minutes (5 or so, to be kind on the battery)? That's pretty much how the active frame for Pictures works.
    04-14-13 11:50 AM
    If prefer it if developers would let us customize active frame behaviors to save power. And never should any frame do anything while the screen is off..
    04-14-13 02:22 PM
    I'm thinking about the behavior of the PodKicker app that I used on Android. There was a "Playlist" screen that showed all the downloaded podcast episodes, in an order that the user could configure. I used least to most recent. There was also an option to have auto-downloaded episodes automatically added to the Playlist. This way, the episodes would be downloaded, added to the Playlist, and then deleted after listening, all automatically. Most of the time, all I had to do was go to the Playlist screen and click "play". I think Podcasts is close to this level of functionality now.
    04-14-13 02:54 PM
    Unfortunately I've decided to delete this app. The last update in the app store was a mess and made it unusable for me. I'm hoping BlackBerry release their own App as they did for older devices.
    04-14-13 02:59 PM
    This might sound like an odd request, and maybe not an important one, but is there any chance we can get a prettier icon? I have a thing for pretty app icons.

Other than this, I love your app, and I use it daily on my Z10. Great job!

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    04-14-13 03:50 PM
    This might sound like an odd request, and maybe not an important one, but is there any chance we can get a prettier icon? I have a thing for pretty app icons.

Other than this, I love your app, and I use it daily on my Z10. Great job!

Posted via CB10
    How could i have forgotten to mention this?! New icon would be more than welcome! It you could make it as big as the Facebook/Twitter ones, it would be just about right!
    04-14-13 03:54 PM
    Should we expect an update in BBWorld soon?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 05:41 PM
108 123 ...